ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491497
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
dadeos
dadeos
1 posts
Nomad

If the monster's hue is about the same as your gem, then it is resistant to it. If it is opposite of the gem then it receives more damage.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

oh, great...

It's getting harder and harder to initiate the rapid processing of my clicks.
I will attempt to bring the monster count down to 0 (by not angering very much at all), and then bring the monster count up.

If i can get the correct levels of lag, i can make a gem with 100k max damage every wave (provided i also have enough mana income). otherwise...i'll have to detonate the GOE, as i won't be able to bring the monster count down to 300 after wave 228 in time.
This means i'll be lucky to snag a full billion exp.
Still, I'll get at least 100 billion points, for 100 million exp.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

dont do it, just lower the monster count be 200-300, this is easily the best start ever and you coudl score 1t by wave 50

im tempted to start again tomorrow if fractal can explain how to get it so that it responds to clicks but is still lagged enough

so yea maaaaaaaaay start tomorrow, id like to hear how fractal did his start and how munch can get to wave 134 after 3 days

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

...basically, once I had three R/O gems, I angered the first waves with as many grade 1 gem bombs as I dared, and started supergemming 2 of them. i moved them around a little.
by wave 4 (i think), i was beggining to build grade 5 r/o gems.
by wave 10, I had enough mana comming my way, i could've destroyed the GOE.

1 trill by wave 50? not a chance. I'm on wave 47 now, the monster count is down a lot lower (300), but it's still a hair too laggy. I plan to resume serious angering on wave 54.

uh, conner, from my understanding, with the speedhack you can combine the gems while it's at a framerate of 0...am i wrong about that?

As for how to lag it enough, yet still have it respond quickly to clicks...depends on the cpu, and on an unknown factor; this unknown factor appears to be primarily based on how long you've been playing, though i'm not positive. it could also be the total monster hp-which, if the case, would help explain why I needed 1700 monsters initially, then 1000 monsters, now 300 seems to be too many.
In short: i'm afraid you'll have to figure it out on your own.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

ok, that mysterious factor is more sinister than I'd previously realized...
I go the monster count so low, my lag was barely detectable; at no point was I able to readily initiate 'rocess clicking mode'. I frequently got an entire inventory of gems ahead of the computer.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

u guys got me ugh, wave 23 1b score, going for 10b by wave 32 to compete with fractals game, this game my strategy is the 10 lord gems, allowing me to constantly supergem and have 90% of firepower on board still while being able to have hue of 200 while the hue 0 mana farm still takes priority in making mosnter hue 0-30

id hope for 10x 1m but thats hard, current goal is 10x 200k by the time wave 42 meets the towers

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

ok, i've FINALLY got it tamed...sortof...
100-200 monsters on the field. I just have to take a little bit of extra time to aim for the center of the squares, to avoid temporarily dropping the powerfull gem.

I now (almost) have 2 gems with 100,000 max damage, 2 with 50k max damage in towers by inventory, an uncertain number with 25k max-50k max scattered throughout.

A picture of just how low I had to bring the monster count. However, I think I can safely bring it back up to 50 tomorrow after school. Time will tell.

my opening may be great, but my hatred of excessive lag will probably hold me back from the amazing multi trillion scores I've read about.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

dang its ruined, 16b at wave 32 is amazing! but even i can pull 500b by that point, yes your hatred for lag ruined it, you could have got 200b from wave 42 alone, and another 200b from 54, and 10b from each normal wave at least

well fractals never been for score he likes wave, i was shocked at the best start ever so i guess now fractals known for his wave 1-30 then his strong finish

i hope to have a multi trillion score but once i have munchs firepower matched ill just start calling

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

morning update:
I am now at 10 gems with at least 50,000 max tower damage.
somewhere between 2 and 5 of them are at 100,000 max tower damage.
wave 64 in sight: I angered wave 63 and 64 to about 3 billion wave hp each. so far, my 10 prismatics are largely handling them. (I've placed them towards the start of the path; my mana income is more than fast enough now.)

I'm aiming for 150-200 billion score. Maybe some other day I'll come back and aim for a trillion, with no regard for wave 228.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

going to try to beat your wave 32 record then go for a quicker less laggy less angered game with towers instead of trap dmg

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

ugh my game just did it again, it froze completely

this time its odd tho i was onnly wave 24 with 400 monsters on the field idk whats happening

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

well i now realise i cant play gemcraft anymore if my games are randomly freezing at wave 20

im done this is it, unless i did it all over on my other comp which may be less laggy

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Ah, slight correction: 300 million hp each wave, not 3 billion each wave.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

yup the thread died too

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

ya =/ wheres munch when you need him..
so conner, how is it freezing now?

Showing 1261-1275 of 2103