ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491523
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

so you used 10 16s/17s, but what if i used something like 1x18 + 8x 17, id get around the same score, id use 9 gems not 10 so there would be like 350 monsters at 120m and same score

i may be able to achieve the same score if i use 4x 18 and 5x 17 with slightly less hp, i may also have more firepower remember so i could afford the same power of the wave and kill it quicker anyways

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Connor,

I used 14s on 102 to get to the specs in pic 'wave 100'. If you anger w 18/17 you will have a much higher wave than you are thinking.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

i belive 9 18s would be better than 10 16s/17s for both score and hp

or i could do 10x17 but have about 20% better firepower than you did

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

oh i got a 2 gig comp and i did disk celanup today for first time in a year or more and it cleaned up 1.75 gigs of junk, meaning my comp is 8x as fast now, well it wil be for a few weeks till it gets junked back up again

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

aw sorry again but i checked krastens full browser gc thing, its amazing however i have no save game on that window

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2uo781g&s=4

my best wave 20 ever and im playing lag free till wave 74, probably wont supergem till wave 50 when i build up to 1m firepower just for 54/7/8 then ill build to 2m from 70-78 for wave 74, then ill make my huge anger gems from 80-85, then 85-100 ill build to about 5m, then build more anger gems there for the 100s, which are good point sources

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

hm..that's odd, i can't view the recent uploads directly...

anyways, i'll be gone frtom the computere over the weekend.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

ok munch what would the points be if i used 1 grade 19 followed by 8 grade 17s on wave 91? what would points/hp be im guessing like 5.8m 100m 350 monsters or something

and on 102 what would 1 18 + 9 16s get me? im hoping for about 50m hp 4m score 370 monsters, i also might do 1 extra gem than you on 90 and try to get it to a good 3m points per, on those 3 waves total i want 2t score, 900b on 91, 550b on 90, 450b on 102

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

oh armorgames just merged my onto the end of my link, here it is

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2uo781g&s=4

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Connorc,

An inch out of the blocks is worth a foot at the finish line. If you can have your whole mana farm at full speed before 29 (your last run) that's more money in the bank. Use the extra waves for more dmg => means more anger later when you'll get a higher return on anger investments (higher multiplier and initial max pts vlu).

Have you noticed the fiirst 30 waves are a frenzied paniced rush to an eternity of doldrum?

It's too late now, but I was going to remind you clean crap out of your start up menu. It's amazing how many unnecessary processes you can get out of your mem. Next time.

You'll probably be within 10 waves or closer by Sunday.

May the benevolent GC gods be with you :-)

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

OK, I'll try to keep this short but if you can mark it or save it to a txt file for ref:

anger formulae:

# of monsters =

3 + 2*(grade of anger gem)

Pts gain =

[15% * (grade of anger gem) * (modified max score)] / (1 + # of times angered)

Modified max score means the current angered max score.

Try doing that on an iPod hah!

Important notes: the first anger score gain is only cut in half where yor 9th anger score gain is 1/10th. This is why bigger anger gems first.

Also note that increasing gem grade to reduce number of times angered also reduces # of monsters and hence overall score. Gotta go

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Sry for the interupt and triple post.

Now for the bad news:

HP increase:

New HP = (modified hp)*[5 + (5*(grade of anger gem)]%

modified hp is the current angered hp. Example: new HP for grade 9 would be current hp * (5 + 5 * 9)% = current hp * (50)%

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

omg munch thank you for the anger point forumula, up till now i only new the hp and number gain not score, i feel like i understand life now hehe

ok you overestimate the speed i play, its slower than you by far, i plan on being at wave 60-70 by sunday, well im off to do some math, wait i caught myself this time, rather than posting 10 mins from now again with the math done ill not hit enter and wait

10 mins later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

im dropping a decomposed grade 21 on this wave, thats 7x 18 and 2x 17, lanhk who dropped a degraded 21 + 20 + 19 + 18, so almost a grade 22, on wave 40 would be very proud of me hehe

well the numbers are.....

347 monsters

92.5m hp

6001k score gain

comparing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

347 x 6001k x 1.4 x mult = 2.915b x multiplier (hoping for avg of 345 when they pop to make it 1t) ill actualy anger wave 102 alot so that the 91s actualy die later on, so it adds more score to me and prolongs their life which increases score even more, its a vicious cycle for a bit of lag which is still nothing compared to wave 45 lag

567 x 5811k x 1.4 2.985b x multiplier, hes got the better wave in score however look at this

135m x 367 = 49.5b

92m x 347 = 31.9b so my wave 102 can have 18.6b more hp assuming we have same firepower, which is an insane ammount of hp, but i think ill have 10b more on 90 and 8.6b on 102 which is abuot double the score on each

im at 12 monst/square, i hope to get less than 8 soon

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Don't forget C that I only angered 102 w/ 14s... You could hit it w17s and get pts/monst over 4m and still keep it under your hp cap.

I can't beleive you wasted 200 xp for a bunch of empty 'inferior' towers ;-)

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

oh well its 10 frames of mana and it looks cooler i think lol, plus now i can move my single grade 15 supergem anywhere i want to controll crowd, wave 25 is always when i build dmg for exactly 1 wave, may get 4 gems at 50k

Showing 1366-1380 of 2103