ForumsWEPRMormons????

309 57585
Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

Yo, theres alot of rumors out there about mormons. Ill tell you what we realy belive. Jesus is my savior and the book of mormon has jesus in it, he went to the americas after being resurected. Second, We don't beleive in plural mearage. Third, Our first prophet, Joseph Smith, did and saw everything that is said about him. some persecute us because he was so young.What about samuel the boy prophet in the old testimant? think about all of this

• 309 Replies
kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

Mormons do not support polygamy anymore. as Snakebite said, that is the FLDS (Fundamentalists Latter-Day Saints). we are the LDS (Latter-Day Saints) church. they broke off from our church when we stopped supporting polygamy because they wanted to continue.

And i know Snakebite and I would appreciate if you do not bash on us or our religion. we don't bash you or yours! =)

Nick_Yuji
Nick_Yuji
4 posts
Nomad

Mormons believe that: Jesus and Satan are brothers. (not kidding, look it up)
Work and self-sacrifice are required to enter the "celestial Kingdom" (not by faith alone as it says in the Bible)
God is racist.
God is having lots of spiritual sex with His wives in heaven (planet Kolob), the product of which is us (Gods spirit babies)
Polygamy is required to become a God yourself when you die.
God was once a man. (like you and me!)

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Don't most christains believe that? That god was also his own son and came down here to be a man. Albeit a perfect one. That god asked his own self why he had forsaken him then died on a stake or cross?
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Oh wow. Yet another round of rumor control... Here we go!

Mormons believe that: Jesus and Satan are brothers. (not kidding, look it up)

We are ALL children of God. Satan or Jesus or no exceptions!

Work and self-sacrifice are required to enter the "celestial Kingdom" (not by faith alone as it says in the Bible)

The Bible doesn't say that you have salvation ONLY by faith! You are blind to think that. Here, I'll give you some verses that tackle this subject: James 2: 17-18.

God is racist.

Where did you come up with this? It is true that yes, there was a time in the history of the LDS Church when blacks weren't allowed to hold the priesthood, but that has sense changed.

God is having lots of spiritual sex with His wives in heaven (planet Kolob), the product of which is us (Gods spirit babies)

You need to stop reading everyone's opinions about the Church, and start reading from the TRUE source! This is completely incorrect!

Polygamy is required to become a God yourself when you die.

I can't believe I have to say this again....
Yeah we get alot of heat on the subject of polygamy... But the LDS Church hasn't approved it for over 120yrs. Even when it was accepted, not all members practiced it. Only members who were worthy and able to support multiple wives did so. It was only in place because many of the men either died on the trail or were outright killed for their faith. That left many women and children without husbands/fathers. Polygamy wasn't a wreckless praacitce, it was a necessity.

No God wasn't a man like you and me. God does have a body, but it's perfected. And Jesus Christ and God are TWO different persons. This was confirmed when Joseph Smith had his first vision When both Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ came and spoke to him.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

The Bible doesn't say that you have salvation ONLY by faith! You are blind to think that. Here, I'll give you some verses that tackle this subject: James 2: 17-18.

No those say that faith is dead without works, you won't have the faith..so no faith no God, you do get into heaven by Faith alone.

We are ALL children of God. Satan or Jesus or no exceptions!

No...?Only humans.
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

No those say that faith is dead without works, you won't have the faith..so no faith no God, you do get into heaven by Faith alone.

Just like you won't get to heaven by Works alone. They go hand in hand. If you truly believe in something, why wouldn't you try to tell people about it?

No...?Only humans.

Yes, humans. We meaning people...
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Yes, humans. We meaning people...

Satan is an angel.

Just like you won't get to heaven by Works alone. They go hand in hand. If you truly believe in something, why wouldn't you try to tell people about it?

Not really, you need jesus to get to heaven thats IT. Works well ya itl help but hey not needed.
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Not really, you need jesus to get to heaven thats IT. Works well ya itl help but hey not needed.

DUDE! What part of faith without works is dead do you not understand?!?!

Satan is an angel.

Yes, Satan was an angel. A beautiful angel who tried to overtake God with 1/3 of the other angels. Because of this treason, he was cast down into hell.
bladerunner
bladerunner
232 posts
Nomad

I truly think the book of mormon is silly but hey believe whatever you want.

kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

well have you ever read the book of mormon? i think it is silly to call something you haven't read silly.

Samy, snakebite is right. faith without works is dead. you must have works to have faith. without works, faith dies out.

and we Mormons don't believe in being "Saved" as you say. as in declaring Christ as your savior and getting a stamp on your soul that lets you into heaven. if this were true, why would you try to strive to follow the commandments? it would be pointless if you were going to get into heaven anyway, right? as the Bible says, faith without works is dead.

John 14:6 we come unto God through Jesus. so we are saved through Jesus Christ, by obedience to the laws of God. he is a gateway to Christ.

and they are literally two separate people, as me and Snakebite are two separate people. but they go forth with the same purpose; when they claim to be one in the bible, it means that they go forward with the same purpose, that they are striving for the same cause. just as Snakebite and I are one, in that we both come forth to inform you about the church and disabuse you of any false rumors you may have heard about us

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

DUDE! What part of faith without works is dead do you not understand?!?!

Your not getting the facts that your faith isn't good, it's the works that help keep your faith up if someone accepts jesus on his death bed they will go to heaven.

Yes, Satan was an angel. A beautiful angel who tried to overtake God with 1/3 of the other angels. Because of this treason, he was cast down into hell.

So hes not one of God's children.

and we Mormons don't believe in being "Saved" as you say. as in declaring Christ as your savior and getting a stamp on your soul that lets you into heaven. if this were true, why would you try to strive to follow the commandments? it would be pointless if you were going to get into heaven anyway, right? as the Bible says, faith without works is dead.

Well then your not christian?
kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

so no faith no God, you do get into heaven by Faith alone.

So you can be incredibly evil and it won't matter as long as you have faith in a deity you get to float up to heaven. But Mormons, who are not christians according to you, believe in doing good things and they are in the wrong? Sounds logical to me.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

So you can be incredibly evil and it won't matter as long as you have faith in a deity you get to float up to heaven. But Mormons, who are not christians according to you, believe in doing good things and they are in the wrong? Sounds logical to me.

Remember the thief who asked jesus to forgive him?Jesus told him he would be in heaven with him, are you saying Jesus lied?Also the reason we don't go to heaven is we have sin God cannot be around sin, the only way to remove this is through Jesus. I believe in doing good too but youd have to be prefect to get into heaven without Jesus.
kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Remember the thief who asked jesus to forgive him?Jesus told him he would be in heaven with him, are you saying Jesus lied?

I am an atheist so obviously, I don't believe that actually happened. But once again I ask, you can be an evil baby eater and you get to waltz up to heaven because you believe in god? But be the nicest person in the world and saved hundreds of lives and you get to rot in hell because you don't?

From what it seems to me is that Mormons are saying you must do both. Believe in god and do good things. Why is that wrong?
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

To me, the whole "no good works" thing just seems like a cop out...

Showing 241-255 of 309