ForumsWEPRMormons????

309 57584
Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

Yo, theres alot of rumors out there about mormons. Ill tell you what we realy belive. Jesus is my savior and the book of mormon has jesus in it, he went to the americas after being resurected. Second, We don't beleive in plural mearage. Third, Our first prophet, Joseph Smith, did and saw everything that is said about him. some persecute us because he was so young.What about samuel the boy prophet in the old testimant? think about all of this

• 309 Replies
kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

rumors, rumors man.. Joseph Smith translated the book of mormon off the gold plates from the language it was in through the power of God. he even took the first couple of pages to a language scientist (idk the name of them =P ) who confirmed that it was a mixture of egyptian and other forms of writing and that the translations from what he could tell were correct. (he then got mad once he found out Joseph was mormon but whatever). Joseph found buried along with the BoM, the Urim and Thummim. these are the stones mentioned in Exodus 28:30 and Leviticus 8:8. he did place these in a hat at sometimes and looked into it to help with translation. but other people did look in to it. his friend who was writing down the Book of Mormon as he translated it also looked into it. i believe it was Oliver Cowdery..

and bladerunner, what is your source of information about my religion?

bladerunner
bladerunner
232 posts
Nomad

south park =P oh and you can believe in the book of mormon if you want (but it's kinda stupid)

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

OK a question for the mormons, do you believe God loves us unconditionaly?

blissinpergatory
blissinpergatory
52 posts
Nomad

how can you call mormons stupid? because they have a faith and they believe in something? The only reason there are so many "loop holes" is because out of all the religions it is the newest. You can't tell me what jesus really did! and really show me proof. But i believe! we go off of what the bible tells us and also what the romans and a couple other empires wrote about. But to say that it is stupid to believe as a mormon, you might as well say your stupid for believing in someone you have never seen or met either. It is a matter a faith not a matter of "who is right"

kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

exactly, bladerunner, a cartoon. i think you should re-examine your sources and not talk about a religion just from stuff you heard on a cartoon. and have you ever read the book of mormon? you can't call something stupid that you don't know much about...

yes samy, God loves us beyond anything.

you're going to come back with, "then don't you think that no matter what we did, he would let us into heaven if we accepted Christ?"

and i say, "God loves you. your parents love you too, correct? but when you do something wrong, there are consequences that follow. you kick your mom in the shin, there will be punishments and consequences. if you sin, there will be punishments. we believe the three greatest sins are murder, adultery, and denying the Holy Spirit."

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

and i say, "God loves you. your parents love you too, correct? but when you do something wrong, there are consequences that follow. you kick your mom in the shin, there will be punishments and consequences. if you sin, there will be punishments. we believe the three greatest sins are murder, adultery, and denying the Holy Spirit."

First there is no such thing as a "great" sin, every sin has an equal punishment which is death. "For the wages of sin is death." Second are you familiar with the story of the prodigal son?
blissinpergatory
blissinpergatory
52 posts
Nomad

i have a different belief in christianity then some christians. I believe in purgatory hint my name, and yes i know i spelt it wrong, wouldn't let me make it the other way. I believe if you do not accept christ, let's say you are a Muslim, hell maybe even an atheist. But as an atheist you where genuinely a very nice person. A better person even than most the Christians you know. I believe that because you never accepted christ you go on to purgatory. From there you wait until judgment day at the end of time, when there shall be peace on earth for a 1000 years. There your fate is decided by the lord himself where he weighs your goods versus your bad, and your ignorance versus your lack of knowledge.

kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

(see? i read your mind =P )well we believe that some sins are worse. stealing a cookie from your brother is not as bad as murder. and yes, i do know the story. the son leaves and wastes his money with riotous living, he returns and is taken with open arms. in verses 18,19, and 21 of Luke 15 the prodigal son repents to the father. God always gives you seconds chances. but you must repent truly, with a broken and contrite heart.

exactly bliss. i actually have a very good friend who is an atheist. she has morals, she's kind and caring. we believe that if she doesn't accept the gospel on earth, that in paradise she will have a chance to learn about the gospel and choose whether or not to accept it. what if someone lived somewhere and they never even heard of Jesus Christ their entire life? according to the theory of having to accept Christ to go to heaven, this person would be condemned to hell even if they were the kindest nicest person on earth.

blissinpergatory
blissinpergatory
52 posts
Nomad

ahh exactly what i think. i just think it is selfish and arrogant to think your religion is superior and that everyone else will go to hell. especially when we talk about the trinity of Abraham religions. Muslim, Judaism, and Christianity. we are all very close to the same beliefs in religion. same god, same sins. Even many of the stories are the same. the only difference in the story of Abraham is that the a Isaac instead of Ishmael is to be sacrificed and that instead of Abraham just being stopped suddenly from sacrificing, and his son in the Muslim is just exchanged out for a lamb, he stabs the lamb instead of his son. This is just one example. But the hatred for Muslims is unbelievable, to think that just because they have extremists they can be hated so much! but Christians forget we have extremists too. hell more people have died in the name of Christianity than any other faith.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

according to the theory of having to accept Christ to go to heaven, this person would be condemned to hell even if they were the kindest nicest person on earth.

There has been many times when a tribe that has never been in contact with white people, and they have a religion that is christianity, it's something instilled in us from birth.

well we believe that some sins are worse. stealing a cookie from your brother is not as bad as murder.

Thats an extremely atheistic view of sin, would both of those send you to hell...?Yes they have the same punishment equal sin.

God always gives you seconds chances. but you must repent truly, with a broken and contrite heart.

Right God took him in with NO acts.
blissinpergatory
blissinpergatory
52 posts
Nomad

ah but those religions did not believe in jesus! so therefore they are not Christians. there where many people that where discovered that yes believed in a god. But that's a common thing for humans to believe. Since the beginning of time we have believed there was something was out there. But they where definitely not christian.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

ah but those religions did not believe in jesus! so therefore they are not Christians. there where many people that where discovered that yes believed in a god. But that's a common thing for humans to believe. Since the beginning of time we have believed there was something was out there. But they where definitely not christian.

No seriously they believed in a personal savior sent from God, who was sacraficed, not you know Jesus but the name doesn't matter they accepted a personal savior from God, to get rid of their sins.
blissinpergatory
blissinpergatory
52 posts
Nomad

i would love to read these accounts and claims. Because right now it just makes it sound like your making it up. But i do believe you. but that does not take away the fact that there are people who do not share that idea and have never thought of the idea of a savior. just because some people believe in a personal savior does not mean everyone does. i believe these people are judged by their Morales not their beliefs.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Thats an extremely atheistic view of sin, would both of those send you to hell...?Yes they have the same punishment equal sin.

Ummm...No, sorry. There's venial sins and mortal sins. Venial sins can be erased from a person's soul through confession and prayer, while mortal sins condemn someone to hell.
kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

i have heard about African tribes having religions similar to Christianity. there's a book called Things Fall Apart, i haven't read it yet but it is about that. but samy, you are contradicting yourself. you said you can only be saved if you are Christian and accept Jesus. yet you said that anyone who believes in a savior is saved, such as the people with no contact to white people. not making much sense..

and we just don't believe that all sins are equal. God would be much more upset with you if you killed one of His children (a human) than if you stole a cookie. also if you committed adultery. He gave humans the sacred power of creating life; you shouldn't toy around with it. we believe that sex should only be had in the bonds of marriage.

humans have always had a belief of a deity or a greater power. it's an explanation for things unknown

Showing 271-285 of 309