ForumsWEPRMormons????

309 57586
Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

Yo, theres alot of rumors out there about mormons. Ill tell you what we realy belive. Jesus is my savior and the book of mormon has jesus in it, he went to the americas after being resurected. Second, We don't beleive in plural mearage. Third, Our first prophet, Joseph Smith, did and saw everything that is said about him. some persecute us because he was so young.What about samuel the boy prophet in the old testimant? think about all of this

• 309 Replies
blissinpergatory
blissinpergatory
52 posts
Nomad

I don't believe that faith alone will "always" get you in to heaven. even though it is the most important part. I believe that if someone goes and murders someone, that he is a sinner and can be forgiven. But after he asked the lord to forgive him, he goes and murders again and again each time asking for forgiveness. Almost using his religion as a scapegoat to his wrong doings. when you ask the lord to forgive you, that means that you will try to be better and try to not sin even though it is hard at times. hint the word "christian" it means "Christ-like" being a christian means that you try to follow the teachings of god and Jesus and try to be as pure as you can. But what i don't understand is that if that murderer believed in god, wouldn't he want to be a better person, stop killing people. So maybe he was not a true christian and did not believe but used it as a mental escape to make himself feel better.

But back on topic. I think Mormons are great people with a great a standard of Morales. And they are usually very well disciplined people. But i have one problem with the religion. When Joseph found the extra commandments, they were written on gold! That to me is a slap in the face. Why is it that when the original commandments and scriptures where written the where on plain stone, But this new modern religion finds more in gold? This seems a little odd. It almost seems that their commandments are superior or more important. I hope that my opinion does not offend anyone, I mean that statement in the nicest way possible. I think that Mormons are fine people with great Morales and that there will always be a place for them in heaven

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

The Bible says nothing about not doing good works. Salvation by faith alone does not mean that you can just accept Christ, then do whatever you want.

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

hint the word "christian" it means "Christ-like"

Fun fact, my name means "follower of Christ."

The Bible says nothing about not doing good works. Salvation by faith alone does not mean that you can just accept Christ, then do whatever you want.

That's what I was asking.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I am an atheist so obviously, I don't believe that actually happened. But once again I ask, you can be an evil baby eater and you get to waltz up to heaven because you believe in god? But be the nicest person in the world and saved hundreds of lives and you get to rot in hell because you don't?

From what it seems to me is that Mormons are saying you must do both. Believe in god and do good things. Why is that wrong?

First that did happen considering the fact it was recorded historicly, second no you didn't read what i said you have to be FREE of sin accepting jesus clears your heart but you have to honestly sorry for what you did. It's wrong because by accepting jesus your free of sin, when they say that they are in essence saying Jesus lied, rendering the faith useless.
kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

Well then your not christian?

the definition of a Christian is a person who believes in Jesus Christ. so we are Christian.

Remember the thief who asked jesus to forgive him?Jesus told him he would be in heaven with him, are you saying Jesus lied?

no, Jesus was perfect and did not lie. if you read in the bible, Jesus does not tell the thief that he will be in heaven with him. he states that he will see him in paradise. we believe that after death, there is an in between (sorta like purgatory), where people can learn of God's true gospel. we call it paradise. so we believe the thief was not saved, but Jesus told him that he would see him in the place where he could learn about the gospel. (all people will be here until the Second Coming, and Judgement Day. then people will go to heaven or hell, whether they accept or reject the gospel)

When Joseph found the extra commandments, they were written on gold! That to me is a slap in the face. Why is it that when the original commandments and scriptures where written the where on plain stone, But this new modern religion finds more in gold?

bliss, joseph smith did not find new commandments, the book of mormon was a set of records of people in the Americas. so we do not claim new commandments, just another testament of Jesus Christ. goes hand in hand with the bible. Mormon, the last prophet to have the records before he buried them for Joseph to find, took the records of all the prophets and the records from back then and compiled them onto one set of plates. that's why it is called the book of mormon

and thank you bliss and kris. kind people who are not mormons but can respect our religion. i respect you
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

no, Jesus was perfect and did not lie. if you read in the bible, Jesus does not tell the thief that he will be in heaven with him. he states that he will see him in paradise. we believe that after death, there is an in between (sorta like purgatory), where people can learn of God's true gospel. we call it paradise. so we believe the thief was not saved, but Jesus told him that he would see him in the place where he could learn about the gospel. (all people will be here until the Second Coming, and Judgement Day. then people will go to heaven or hell, whether they accept or reject the gospel)

Paradise was "heaven" before Jesus came not some random limbo.

the definition of a Christian is a person who believes in Jesus Christ. so we are Christian.

Demons believe in Jesus. So they're christians?
kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

First that did happen considering the fact it was recorded historicly

Where exactly? The bible doesn't really count as a source.

It's wrong because by accepting jesus your free of sin, when they say that they are in essence saying Jesus lied, rendering the faith useless.

So what I said was right. You murder a bush load of nuns and babies and then feel bad and you get to go to heaven. They say it takes faith and being a good person. What your saying is correct is rendering doing good works and following your ten commandments useless.

and thank you bliss and kris. kind people who are not mormons but can respect our religion. i respect you

I generally like you guys. Generally.
kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Demons believe in Jesus. So they're christians?

All they have to is feel sorry for being so bad and apparently they are.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

and then feel bad
That's the important part. You don't just say you repent, you must repent.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

So what I said was right. You murder a bush load of nuns and babies and then feel bad and you get to go to heaven.

Yes God loves us that much, he loves us no matter what, and as long as you are free of sin he will take you in.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Samy, how many people have gone through their lives without commiting a single sin?

None which is the problems with "Acts" Jesus can clean you of your sin though.
kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Yes God loves us that much, he loves us no matter what, and as long as you are free of sin he will take you in.

Wonderful. I can kill people and kick puppies and then feel bad, get myself some last rights, and go to heaven. You get murdered and instead of the ass being punished, you get to see him enjoying heaven with you. Fun times.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well yeah. But as I said, you have to truly repent, not just say you do. What you are doing is taking away the significance of the actions and emotions needed for repentance.

blissinpergatory
blissinpergatory
52 posts
Nomad

why has this topic veered off so much. The topic of Christianity is talked about way too much, we are here to talk about Mormons, even though they are still Christians we don't need to repeat the same things that are said in every other religious forum.

bladerunner
bladerunner
232 posts
Nomad

joseph smith gave you the book of mormon by reading out of a hat that no one else could look into.

Showing 256-270 of 309