ForumsWEPRMormons????

309 57583
Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

Yo, theres alot of rumors out there about mormons. Ill tell you what we realy belive. Jesus is my savior and the book of mormon has jesus in it, he went to the americas after being resurected. Second, We don't beleive in plural mearage. Third, Our first prophet, Joseph Smith, did and saw everything that is said about him. some persecute us because he was so young.What about samuel the boy prophet in the old testimant? think about all of this

• 309 Replies
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Wow. What's wrong with thinking our religion is the only way to go? Almost every other Christian denomination thinks that way. I know, I was in the middle of it all about a year ago! All this "Let's pick on the little guys" has got to stop! Just because you guys believe in a different religion doesn't mean mine is wrong. There's one thing I've learned through my conversion into the LDS Church is; just because you think the Mormon doctrine is wrong, doesn't mean it really is. To Baptists, yes it's wrong. To Atheists, yes it's wrong.... My point? It's OUR doctrine! Let it be our doctrine! We know it to be true by personal revelation. You guys will never see it that way because you won't open you hardened heart to it.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Ummm...No, sorry. There's venial sins and mortal sins. Venial sins can be erased from a person's soul through confession and prayer, while mortal sins condemn someone to hell.

Show me ANYWHERE in the bible it says that.

you said you can only be saved if you are Christian and accept Jesus. yet you said that anyone who believes in a savior is saved, such as the people with no contact to white people. not making much sense..

They accept a personal savior sent down by God who died for their sins. Also I believe that everyone has choices they make they could lead them to finding out about God, no one is left completly "out of the loop."

Wow. What's wrong with thinking our religion is the only way to go? Almost every other Christian denomination thinks that way. I know, I was in the middle of it all about a year ago! All this "Let's pick on the little guys" has got to stop! Just because you guys believe in a different religion doesn't mean mine is wrong. There's one thing I've learned through my conversion into the LDS Church is; just because you think the Mormon doctrine is wrong, doesn't mean it really is. To Baptists, yes it's wrong. To Atheists, yes it's wrong.... My point? It's OUR doctrine! Let it be our doctrine! We know it to be true by personal revelation. You guys will never see it that way because you won't open you hardened heart to it.

I know mines true by personal revelation :P Don't argue that it NEVER wins. Second your not a demonemation of christianity. Third my heart is hardened, I just choose to believe the bible over some book writen 1800 years latter.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Ummm...No, sorry. There's venial sins and mortal sins. Venial sins can be erased from a person's soul through confession and prayer, while mortal sins condemn someone to hell.

Show me ANYWHERE in the bible it says that.

you said you can only be saved if you are Christian and accept Jesus. yet you said that anyone who believes in a savior is saved, such as the people with no contact to white people. not making much sense..

They accept a personal savior sent down by God who died for their sins. Also I believe that everyone has choices they make they could lead them to finding out about God, no one is left completly "out of the loop."

I know mines true by personal revelation :P Don't argue that it NEVER wins. Second your not a demonemation of christianity. Third my heart isn't hardened, I just choose to believe the bible over some book writen 1800 years latter.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

the second one is what i wanted to say...very very bad typo :P

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

book of mormon has jesus in it, he went to the americas after being resurected

So... am I missing something? The only religion in the Americas was pagan until the white man cleansed the land of all the heathens and forced their religion on the survives. How does Jesus fit into that? Or was it just his vacation to get away from all the Jews?
Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

Heh ok let me give you the things that make mormonism probably the stupidest religon. 1: Adam and eve lived in The middle east. It even says that in the bible. Mormons think they lived in the mormon holy land (Utah lmao). 2nd So if all this stuff happened in North America dont you think they would of discovered it earlier than when man first sailed from europe to America? 3rd Joseph smith was not anyone special he took advantge of the village people By saying he went out to the wilderness found tablets of some new gospel or book? and was not allowed to take them back so he went and told everybody of his amazing discovery of seeing an angel and seeing these tablets. Later Joseph smith wrote down these of what he remembered. Turns out he had to rewrite them many of times till HE thought they were right. 4: Ever wonder why most mormons live in Utah? they got tired of being laughed at. The book of mormon takes things from the bibles and twists and turns them. 5: MORMONISM IS NOT A RELIGON PEOPLE!!! ITS A CULT! A BRAINWASHED CULT!

kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

Somers, get some real info before you come and flame my religion.

Second your not a demonemation of christianity

um, we believe in Christ. the definition of a Christian is someone who believes in Christ as their Savior. i'm pretty sure we're Christian. ever seen the name of our church? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I just choose to believe the bible over some book writen 1800 years latter

the book wasn't written 1800 years after the bible. it is a translation of records written at the same time as the bible. and anyway, the bible was compiled at a convention in Rome when the Romans took Christianity under their wing. they decided what went into it and what didn't.

and how many times has the Bible been translated? take an english phrase and put it into a translator, here's one.. now translate it through like 7 languages and then back to english. i assure you it won't be the same.

The only religion in the Americas was pagan until the white man cleansed the land of all the heathens and forced their religion on the survives.

Heathens? little harsh lol. and how do you know that Paganism was the only religion? what proof do you have? i'm pretty sure you weren't there. there's a book called He Walked the Americas, by L. Taylor Hansen, who was not Mormon. it tells of all the Indian stories of Jesus walking through their lands and visiting all of them. Christ visited all of God's children on earth, not just the Jews.
kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

Also I believe that everyone has choices they make they could lead them to finding out about God, no one is left completly "out of the loop."

and yes, if someone is completely left out they wouldn't have heard of a Savior to save them of their sins. who's to say they would know what sins were or that there was even a life after earth? you say they have to believe in a savior before they die or game over. i believe they get a chance to learn after death
Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

I mentioned the Jews b/c they killed him. Also I'm using phrases like Pagan and Heathens because that's what the xtians used when they were killing them. I'm actually a 4th American Indian. Just thought I'd ask about the Jebus in America was b/c none of the Indians seem to know anything about him or his religion. Kind of like Marco Polo's fake adventure to China. He came back telling stories of China, but no one knew of him in China during a time they recorded everything. I'm not bashing your religion, just trying to find out somethings without having to read your books.

kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

okay, i get what you mean. but we believe he spread his religion here. he had prophets who taught god's children here, just as Moses or other prophets taught the people where they were. that is what the Book of Mormon is about.

here is the title page to the Book of Mormon

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

i have heard about African tribes having religions similar to Christianity. there's a book called Things Fall Apart, i haven't read it yet but it is about that.

No, it's not. It's about the struggles of a man in the Igbo tribe of Nigeria, and how things change after missionaries invade and start taking over.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

um, we believe in Christ. the definition of a Christian is someone who believes in Christ as their Savior. i'm pretty sure we're Christian. ever seen the name of our church? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I really don't care what you name it your doctorine has to many differences.

the book wasn't written 1800 years after the bible. it is a translation of records written at the same time as the bible. and anyway, the bible was compiled at a convention in Rome when the Romans took Christianity under their wing. they decided what went into it and what didn't.

I'd really like some proof on that one, if that were true you would think that mormon would have been a religion before the 1800.

and yes, if someone is completely left out they wouldn't have heard of a Savior to save them of their sins. who's to say they would know what sins were or that there was even a life after earth? you say they have to believe in a savior before they die or game over. i believe they get a chance to learn after death

Before we get into this argument again can you give me bible verses that support this?
kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

Before we get into this argument again can you give me bible verses that support this?

Job 3:17 and 20, Daniel 12:10, Revelation 6:11, and revelation 14:13.

proof on what? that it is a translation or of the convention? no, God released his gospel back onto the earth when he felt it was right. all of the Lord's true church died out in the apostacy, when the apostles were all killed. groups of people each took part of the religion that Christ and his apostles taught and formed a church out of it. like having a puzzle and each church taking a part of the puzzle and making a complete picture based off of that one piece. we believe that we have the entire truth, the whole puzzle.

I really don't care what you name it your doctorine has to many differences.

too many differences to what? there is no set main christian religion. there are just as many differences between us and any other christian denomination that there are between Baptists and Catholics, per se.
Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Like I said before, this doctrine is OURS. It's not going to sound right to a Baptist, because it's not their doctrine. The same goes for all religions, if it's not their doctrine, they are going to say it's wrong.

The only way anyone is ever going to know if this is right, is if they do the same thing I did, and anyone who ever joined our religion. ASK GOD! Follow James 1:5 which states:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Like I said before, this doctrine is OURS. It's not going to sound right to a Baptist, because it's not their doctrine. The same goes for all religions, if it's not their doctrine, they are going to say it's wrong.

The only way anyone is ever going to know if this is right, is if they do the same thing I did, and anyone who ever joined our religion. ASK GOD! Follow James 1:5 which states:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Showing 286-300 of 309