ForumsWEPRMormons????

309 57563
Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

Yo, theres alot of rumors out there about mormons. Ill tell you what we realy belive. Jesus is my savior and the book of mormon has jesus in it, he went to the americas after being resurected. Second, We don't beleive in plural mearage. Third, Our first prophet, Joseph Smith, did and saw everything that is said about him. some persecute us because he was so young.What about samuel the boy prophet in the old testimant? think about all of this

• 309 Replies
Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

HAHA thats true. and how are christian beleifs different?

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

The acoustics are good in Salt Lake City.

Oh and Switchfoot? Mormons ARE Christians. It's just another denomination.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Brotheromar, do you feel oppressed?

Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

No I get it all the time

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, I must not be asking that right. Do you feel oppressed in general? It seems that Mormons are strict on a lot of things like Pentecostals are.

pinkdeath182
pinkdeath182
22 posts
Nomad

wow this topic is very interesting

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

ok,

1. Joseph Smith could never actually prove that he saw anything, even after they asked him a million times, the only proof he had was his words. we don't persecute him because he's so young, we persecute him because hes full of bull shit

2.the fact that jesus came to america dosn't even make sense. of course Joseph Smith would say america because HE WAS AMERICAN!!!!

3.back to the no proof thery. now correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he find a gold tablet(that no one actually saw)put it in a hat, used these two stones to desifer it, then asked some guy to right down what he said? then when the guy hide the writings, to see if Joseph could do it again, didn't Joseph just HAPPEN to find another tablet and said that they had to use this one?

Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

SwitchFoot knows alot about us,

Sigh, Carter, Do I persicute you and cuss at your leaders because I dont't think It is completeley true?

Lots of things in the bible can not be proven either. You just have to beleave it in your heart. Your #3 is not Correct. To find out the true story Go to

Mormon.org

p.s. Someone give Switchfoot a merit for Being an informed citizen or somthing like that.

Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

another Addition to the topic. We mormon's, or as we like to call ourselvs Later Day Saints, Build temples where we can show our gratitude to god, Practice Holy practices(Such as Babtisim), and to Mary couples in the name of our Heavenly Father. We consider these temples to be a house of god. There is more than one in every state. Just look at these buildings and tell me if they are not the most beutiful you have ever seen.

Chaples are holy to us too. We preach and Give testimonys of our faith there. They are still not as holy as temples though. Again, to find aout more about temples go to

Mormon.org

One more thing. Our church beleaves that a hyim( sorry for the spelling) is a prayer to god.

Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

There are temples in almost all of the other countries too!!

oocerealoo
oocerealoo
105 posts
Nomad

there are over 150 temples world wide. Oh yea im a Mormon to and every thing Brotheromar is true ive been a member my whole life and were not going to try to make anyone here believe our Religion. Were just tring to help understand more about our church. Ever since i really tried to ask Heavenly Father about what im doing is right, ive been tring my best to stay on the right path.

Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

Yea!

I never got how we were purcicued more than people that don't even beleive in Jesus.

Our prophet just died but i feel happy because he was 97 years old and was lonley because his wife died a few years previous.

The new prophet is Tommas S. Monson.

oocerealoo
oocerealoo
105 posts
Nomad

yep and the thing is that the Prophet passed away on my Seventeenth bday and i grew up knowing that prophet. Hes helped me so much in life.

JWE
JWE
111 posts
Nomad

BoMToons sent me this PM on Newgrounds after I asked him what Mormons believe in:

Hey man,

I just wanted to respond to your question privately instead of in my blog because of all the people who don't care to know this kind of stuff.

Anyway, here's a site that lists our basic beliefs really well. There is a lot of mis-information about "The Mormons" out there, but this link is accurate:

http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/basic-beliefs/
the-restoration-of-truth/the-great-apostasy

Oh, and yes, I went on a 2 year mission to Italy where I knocked doors, but I don't do that anymore. A lot of church members choose to go on missions, some in the US and many in foreign countries where we do community service and proselyte.

If you have any more specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

--BoMToons

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

like all of my friends think that mormans are the people who can have 3 wives and i tell them thats it's not true

Showing 16-30 of 309