ForumsWEPRMormons????

309 57581
Brotheromar
Brotheromar
85 posts
Nomad

Yo, theres alot of rumors out there about mormons. Ill tell you what we realy belive. Jesus is my savior and the book of mormon has jesus in it, he went to the americas after being resurected. Second, We don't beleive in plural mearage. Third, Our first prophet, Joseph Smith, did and saw everything that is said about him. some persecute us because he was so young.What about samuel the boy prophet in the old testimant? think about all of this

• 309 Replies
oocerealoo
oocerealoo
105 posts
Nomad

yes thats right we all have a choice in what we believe in. strongbow im with u on wanting to see the world and im going to start doing that in september im going to go to Greece, Egypt, Isreal, Cyprus, Turkey, Santorini, and Mykonos. i cant wait yeah. oh yeah im going because of Martial arts.

dawn5555
dawn5555
26 posts
Nomad

I have a question. I'm a protestant, and have heard things about LDS and have known several - great people. Why is caffeine a no-no? I understand alcohol and rated R movies being off-limits, but coffee? I was just guessing that it could be considered a drug, so do you avoid things like tylenol and aspirin too? I ask sincerely. I'm just curious.

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

they have strange practices and truthfully they just creep me out, do you know that all mormon boys have to attend boy scouting, just FYI

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Caffeine isn't a no-no. It's a personal decision whether or not to consume it. Coffee is a no-no because not only is it addictive, its also fermented (its mold) and bad for you especially women. Tea falls intp the same category for the same reason. And no, we don't avoid Tylenol, asprin, or any other DOCTOR prescribed meds. Its the street drugs we avoid. I understand where you're coming from, I was asking the same questions. I don't know about the BSA thing, one cause i'm a girl and two, my brother doesn't have to attend it.

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Also, I don't plan on getting married right out of high school. I plan to attend a university with the other girls from Church. Yes, the Church wants us to have a family, but they want us well-educated in case we choose or have to work to support our family. I'm just saying i'll be well into my twenties when i get married.

oocerealoo
oocerealoo
105 posts
Nomad

about the BSA im in the BSA and im the only one in our troop that is LDS and there are many boys in our church that dont go to BSA im almost done with it and i have not even a year left until i turn 18.

dawn5555
dawn5555
26 posts
Nomad

Snakebite

Thanks for the answer. I guess my friends that wouldn't drink Barq's root beer because it had caffeine in it had just made that choice then. Why is coffee especially bad for women? I love coffee.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

i dont think that coffee is bad for women at all cause us men can drink it. like a lot of my friends are mormon and they still drink caffeine so i dont think that they are being bad to there religion or anything but i dont drink coffee cause i hate it

SoldierOfDeath
SoldierOfDeath
35 posts
Nomad

caffeine is fine its just a chose that ppl make its not the best thing but its not the most bad but idc...abut the girl thing im going to let snake tell you guys( & girls) okeyday

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

OK, if you really want to know... Coffee and tea causes infertillity and certain infections in women... Thats why men can drink it without many probs and women can't. I'm NOT giving more detail than that. And I loved coffee too, but it also made me sick. Now, i can't even stand the smell of it brewing! It takes time to stop drinking stuff you're used too. It took my mom a LONNNGGG time.

Snakebite
Snakebite
996 posts
Nomad

Also, the not drinking soda thing could be that its made with an acid that can eat through pennies or even take the face off of a quarter. But as for me, it will take wayyy more time to kick the soda... I lOVE it too much.

dawn5555
dawn5555
26 posts
Nomad

Hmm. Is there a place that explains that? I've never heard that before. (The infertility part.)

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

OK, if you really want to know... Coffee and tea causes infertillity and certain infections in women... Thats why men can drink it without many probs and women can't.

Really now? I would love to see proof. I have never gotten one of these 'certain infections' from my daily coffee...
dawn5555
dawn5555
26 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I'm asking too because a, I've never heard it, and b, I've never had one of those infections, and c, no fertility problems here that I know of. I have one little girl, and she was planned. Not that anything would guarantee those results, I've just not heard this. And I sure love my coffee. Mmmm. But worth looking into.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I know this has little to nothing to do with the start of this conversation/thread, but I got really intrigued with this and did a bit of research. First of all, at this site:

it says that not only does caffeine increase your chances of infertility, but also it only mentions that problem with males. However, here:

it is stated that the results are inconclusive. My interpretation: keep drinking coffee, and if you're really looking to get pregnant, maybe steer away from it while you're trying to conceive.

As for the 'infections' (which I am assuming here to be yeast infections) I found this website:

which says to avoid coffee, among about 100 other things, to decrease chances of this. It also says to avoid sugar and not wear underwear around the house, so seriously... drink the silly coffee and get over it... haha.

Showing 76-90 of 309