ForumsSupport ForumTemporarily Removed Features

112 29037
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Okay, I noticed that many people have been wondering why and which glitches have been happening. I have made a list here of all the possible glitches and feature removals connected to the optimization. I suggest people read here to see if their glitch is here.

Features removed

Trash can: The Trash can has been removed because of the optimization. Carlie has said that it will come back afterwords. Pazx here though has found a way to delete comments. I have made the steps:

1. Go to your 'All comments'(That's below the Messenger)
2. From there you should see the trash can symbols next to the posts.
3. It is possible to delete posts from there.

Please note: It may happen that the posts you attempt to delete don't disappear straight away. It may take up to an hour or more before they do, but the fact is they do.

Armatars in the Messenger: similar to the trash can, this feature has been removed before the site has been updated. Seeing as it doesn't affect people in any negative way except that it is less colorful, it isn't much of a problem.

People active in the Last 5 minutes function: The new users may not know this, but before the optimization started, there was a recently active list at the bottom of the community main page. Just like the above problem, although it was useful and a great tool, it doesn't affect the life style of most people here at armorgames.

The slower way is to check their Abouts to see if the dot is green.

(Carlie has also said that this feature will be up again after updating the site)

The Vote Up function: Although it was a rather misty tool to some, the idea of the vote up was to have great comments be easily recognized for their effort and skill by bolding the text for every vote up. It was mostly for getting merits noticed. But, as some people have pointed out, merit worthy comments stand out from the rest because they are generally long and organized.

Glitches

Red/green activity icon: as many people have complained, the dot on our Abouts seems to be very inaccurate for some. Though I am not sure if this is because they haven't posted in the last 5-10 minutes or a glitch, I will write it here to tell people NOT to worry. Write a comment if you want to be sure.

Ranking glitch: The ranking glitch(I believe it is one) is that you move up ranks dead slow. I myself only get updated every day once, while I'm not active. Don't worry! It will sort itself at some point during inactivity. Be patient.

Post count glitch #1: An example of this glitch can be found here. The idea is that your profile says less posts than you are definitely sure of. Here are the possible reasons:

1. You posted in the forum games section of the forum, which does not give AP or counts as comment posts.

2. It really is a glitch. Wait and hope it solves itself after an hour or so.

Post count glitch #2: I'm not sure if other people have noticed, but when you go onto a thread you posted on earlier, most likely it has less posts than on your About. the number changes when you post in that thread, so it can be solved.

Posts don't appear: Some people may or may not have this problem. People click submit and their post doesn't appear. They have maid sure that they were holding the 30 seconds rule, but it still happens. I have no idea what to do, but for security measures, copy your document before clicking submit.

If there is a feature removal or a non reported glitch, please write here! i will write an updated list whenever a new thing is added to the list.

Readers, for the current list of glitches and features removed, please go to the last page in this thread and hopefully you will find the current list there. If not, head to the previous page.

• 112 Replies
brooke_1997
brooke_1997
545 posts
Nomad

Wow ... This is really helpful xD And also are all this the glitched on AG or just a few of them?

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

This is really helpful xD And also are all this the glitched on AG or just a few of them?

Just a few I remembered and saw. If you know of any more, then please tell me!

This is really helpful

Thanks for the praise. I was hoping for more though.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks.
I was aware of all of them.

Hmmm...the only thing that I'm curious about is when the update is going to end and everything returns back to normal.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Thanks, I knew about all of them, but maybe this will stop all the threads about it.

But there are loads of users that don't.

Hmmm...the only thing that I'm curious about is when the update is going to end and everything returns back to normal.

That would be a great contribution to the thread. Would cut down on more questions. Maybe Carlie or Iroot can tell us? Or Daniel if we're lucky.

Firetail over 9000 posts? Shoot me in the head...
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

First of all, everything that was removed was removed due to speed issues.

Second, you forgot two glitches:

The one that makes Tennisman no.1 on his page.

And the one that gives you the plaque for everything up to gold king no matter how much AP you have.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Theres a glitch that causes the latest post at the right of each section to go haywire.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Oh yes, this minor albeit cool armatar glitch. Check this guy's profile/armatar out. Small glitch, armatar meant for high APers could be used for this lucky fellow.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Sorry for the triple post. But this may be a glitch. Or not. Maybe it is, maybe it's not.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

The one that makes Tennisman no.1 on his page.

And the one that gives you the plaque for everything up to gold king no matter how much AP you have.

Noticed that Zega is now number one. So it is also a glitch too.

Theres a glitch that causes the latest post at the right of each section to go haywire.

Okay, will write this in.

Oh yes, this minor albeit cool armatar glitch.

Yes, quite a good thing for him! I wish I had the armatars from that series.

Sorry for the triple post. But this may be a glitch. Or not. Maybe it is, maybe it's not.

Lets see... No, because it seems to have been fixed.

Features removed

Trash can: The Trash can has been removed because of the optimization. Carlie has said that it will come back afterwords. Pazx here though has found a way to delete comments. I have made the steps:

1. Go to your 'All comments'(That's below the Messenger)
2. From there you should see the trash can symbols next to the posts.
3. It is possible to delete posts from there.

Please note: It may happen that the posts you attempt to delete don't disappear straight away. It may take up to an hour or more before they do, but the fact is they do.

Armatars in the Messenger: similar to the trash can, this feature has been removed before the site has been updated. Seeing as it doesn't affect people in any negative way except that it is less colorful, it isn't much of a problem.

People active in the Last 5 minutes function: The new users may not know this, but before the optimization started, there was a recently active list at the bottom of the community main page. Just like the above problem, although it was useful and a great tool, it doesn't affect the life style of most people here at armorgames.

The slower way is to check their Abouts to see if the dot is green.

(Carlie has also said that this feature will be up again after updating the site)

The Vote Up function: Although it was a rather misty tool to some, the idea of the vote up was to have great comments be easily recognized for their effort and skill by bolding the text for every vote up. It was mostly for getting merits noticed. But, as some people have pointed out, merit worthy comments stand out from the rest because they are generally long and organized.

Glitches

Red/green activity icon: as many people have complained, the dot on our Abouts seems to be very inaccurate for some. Though I am not sure if this is because they haven't posted in the last 5-10 minutes or a glitch, I will write it here to tell people NOT to worry. Write a comment if you want to be sure.

Ranking glitch: The ranking glitch(I believe it is one) is that you move up ranks dead slow. I myself only get updated every day once, while I'm not active. Don't worry! It will sort itself at some point during inactivity. Be patient.

Post count glitch #1: An example of this glitch can be found here. The idea is that your profile says less posts than you are definitely sure of. Here are the possible reasons:

1. You posted in the forum games section of the forum, which does not give AP or counts as comment posts.

2. It really is a glitch. Wait and hope it solves itself after an hour or so.

Post count glitch #2: I'm not sure if other people have noticed, but when you go onto a thread you posted on earlier, most likely it has less posts than on your About. the number changes when you post in that thread, so it can be solved.

Posts don't appear: Some people may or may not have this problem. People click submit and their post doesn't appear. They have maid sure that they were holding the 30 seconds rule, but it still happens. I have no idea what to do, but for security measures, copy your document before clicking submit.

The Tennisman and Zega glitch: yes, Zega and tennis get their own glitch: If you go on their page, you may see that they happen to be in first place(It may not. Then the glitch is solved). Please note that they have not taken over Firetail (Yet) or fst6 for that matter. It is a glitch and hopefully will go away.

Fake Gold king: This interesting feature involves some random person being given the Gold King badge even though they are very far from it. Please own up and tell the administrators by commenting them, emailing or going to the Contact page. Even if a person has this, they don't get into the top 10, and may be hard to find.

High Rank armatar: If people go to here(The link is http://armorgames.com/user/MissingTeddyHanssen) they may discover that teddy has an armatar he is definitely not supposed to have. It is a rare water color one that is very high up in the unlockables and few have gotten it. If you actually can do this, then I have to say you're pretty lucky! But maybe own up and report it.

Latest Post Haywire #1: This is another glitch that is harmless, but annoying. The main community page shows the latest posted thread at some completely random time or 'Just now' even if it was posted three hours ago. We hope that this will be solved in the future.

Latest Post Haywire #2: Very similar to the first, except in the forums themselves. The time is completely of and may sometimes even show the wrong user!

If you happen to find a feature removal or a glitch, please feel free to tell us here!

Readers, for the current list of glitches and features removed, please go to the last page in this thread and hopefully you will find the current list there. If not, head to the previous page.

Ulimitedpower
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Minor, minor glitch. When you click latest post, it doesn't appear sometimes. But it is there, after refreshing just that it doesn't appear initially.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Muwhahaha.. x] You say my name in the glitch list! Yay!

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Minor, minor glitch.

All glitches matter. That one is annoying and confusing. Will write it into the next list(I won't post it now though. When I have another one or two.)

Muwhahaha.. x] You say my name in the glitch list! Yay!

Yes, Zega, you are part of the list of glitches(Not that you are one)

The next remake of the list will come on Thursday or Friday, but I will note all the glitches in the mean time. Feel free to add more information here!
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

High Rank armatar: If people go to here(The link is http://armorgames.com/user/MissingTeddyHanssen) they may discover that teddy has an armatar he is definitely not supposed to have. It is a rare water color one that is very high up in the unlockables and few have gotten it. If you actually can do this, then I have to say you're pretty lucky! But maybe own up and report it.

Wrong! Totally wrong! That is not a glitch: That armatar was available to trial when AG was trialling their new artist. Everyone could use it, just like the holiday armatars. Then, they moved the AP up to wherever it is now.

Also, teddy was the first person I spoke to here~ Random information FTW.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Wrong! Totally wrong! That is not a glitch

Oh, really?

That armatar was available to trial when AG was trialling their new artist. Everyone could use it, just like the holiday armatars. Then, they moved the AP up to wherever it is now.

I can't remember being able to use it though... Weird, maybe I wasn't online in that time... But Teddy is lucky you have to say.

Also, teddy was the first person I spoke to here~ Random information FTW.

And here's mine: the first person to comment on my profile was a flamer flaming me. The current first post I have is me(You can check:[url=http://armorgames.com/comments/show/172503/user/8]Ironic first comment). And then Zega(He was a good guy back then...).
comboxlr
comboxlr
39 posts
Nomad

Wow all that is mostly true good job. That must have taken forever.

Showing 1-15 of 112