ForumsArt, Music, and WritingShort Story Contest: Fear (Page 35)

359 92225
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

The green light has been given! After weeks of preparation, the Contest can be launched!

This has been brewing in many users' mind for awhile. Enter the Official Writing Contest!

General Rules

1)Submissions for the context must specify the word count implemented.
2)It must adhere to the period's theme as the main idea, or at least have some connection.
3)It must be submitted by the deadline. (The deadline will be according to AG time so that people will not be confused by the timeframe/exploit difference in time zones.)
4)A winner cannot win twice in a row, though he or she can submit an entry the next week.
5)Winners get a merit.

What not to include

1)No excessive inappropriate language, such as vulgarities, swearing. This includes slandering anyone in the AG community.
2)No slandering of race, religion, culture, language of people.
3)No sexual references or innuendoes, though romantic scenes such as kissing can be included.

Actions that lead to disqualification

1)No plagiarism. If it has been discovered that the story has been copied, e.g. the plot has been copied, the user will be disqualified with immediate action. However, elements of inspiration can be allowed.
2)Only one submission is allowed for each user. So please do not create multiple accounts for multiple entries. If it has been discovered that a user has submitted many entries due to this method, he or she will be disqualified.
3)If someone's username is used as a character's name or mentioned in the story, ask for permission first. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.

Judge: Me, though I will appoint someone else if I want to take part.

Current Theme: Fire. Fiery start eh?

Deadline: 31st May (Two weeks)

Without further ado, let it begin!

*Note: Everything is subjected to change!

• 359 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I throw in as much as I want...Strop that's your final re-entry!

Say what? I hope by that you mean you're going to use that rewritten first paragraph and paste that onto the rest of the story, if you're going to use that.

Otherwise I'm not intending to properly proofread for a few months anyway. Too busy.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Aw! It does Cen!

Actually I think it said it should be established, ei have had a couple of rounds and still be active, but whatever... I am tired, so I dun really care.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Awesome story Strop. When I saw the theme I thought of that too...before thinking of something else...which will be revealed.

I liked your story. Send it too the Salvation Army...you might get it published

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Send it too the Salvation Army...you might get it published

That might be a little inappropriate given the way I've chosen to approach the topic.

Oh yeah, I'll probably sticky this after the conclusion of the first round. Should trial it for a little bit to see if it gains sufficient interest.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ahk...

I need to write my entry...and do my homework.

Oh well...here goes homework...Comic on the story of Esther! YaY!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Say what? I hope by that you mean you're going to use that rewritten first paragraph and paste that onto the rest of the story, if you're going to use that.

Yes, using your later corrected paragraph.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You know what, nichodemus? I could make your job a lot easier and just link you to a version that has the corrections all in one place!

[url]http://strawpony.deviantart.com/art/Passage-122788121[/url]

Easy!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

You know what, nichodemus? I could make your job a lot easier and just link you to a version that has the corrections all in one place!

Affirmative...I'll take that one as your entry. No more changes. Yes not even to a mod...

*Licks Boots pitifully*
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Yes a trial run....No need to fear lads! Captain Hook is here!

I will do my best to maintain my little beautiful pet! Ok...unless something unexpected crops up abruptly and bowls me over.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

No more changes. Yes not even to a mod...

*Licks Boots pitifully*

lol, Strop has no boots.

But I respect the rules of this thread, therefore I will not break them. That is indeed my one and final entry.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Is my entry qualified? I really hope so..

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Is my entry qualified? I really hope so..

Yes. In a way it was a short story. But a very bad one. Pushed the definition to it's utter limits that one. =p
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Strop

Part of it reads like one of those unassuming self-discovery essays you get in standardized tests here.

(41) Which title best fits this story?

(a) Into the Inferno
(b) Firefighter Jake and the Fiery Birthday Cake
(c) Passages
(d) Australia, the Land of Fire

I'm not critiquing the title. I just really hate that question and that is the only one I remember more clearly. They had to italicize best. Most of the time, the other choices were just absurd.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm, fire... There is not some interesting definition I need to know about, like with the Tri-Daily, right? The theme is just "Fire", right??

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Hmm, fire... There is not some interesting definition I need to know about, like with the Tri-Daily, right? The theme is just "Fire", right??

Yes 'Fire'. Anything you can think of regarding the fundamental and multiple definitions possibly connected to it. An inferno, sacking an unruly and annoying employee, the sound of glee a soldier makes, being fired up.

Anything is possible. I do not wish to be branded as a manipulative control freak. And it does give lots of room to imagine.
Showing 31-45 of 359