ForumsSupport ForumMerit Ranking Suggestions

55 8899
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Well me and nick_coolhaha have been thinking. Wouldn't it be cool if a page could be made to rank top meriters. Each position could have a different rank. (Ex 30+ merits=God/Overlord or something really powerful. 1 merit could be peasant or slave.) I thought this could be a cool thing to have. I sent Dan a message awhile ago about this. He hasn't responded (Im not sure if he ever will) so im putting up this forum and maybe a mod will see it.

Anyone posting on this must talk about ideas or suggestions to the topic. Spamming will not be tolerated!!!

• 55 Replies
ninja_pwnage
ninja_pwnage
135 posts
Nomad

i think that would be cool =)

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I personaly think that this idea is, inturesting and fun to think abotu, but would only cause problems. This site is already competative enough about regular ArmorPoints. Though the top 10 is not a bad idea itself.

brickhead
brickhead
5 posts
Nomad

yeah but how many people have that many merits highest i've seen is a person with 10 merits

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Merits are earned slowly, it'd be nice to have a top ten, but not yet. Since, there are SO many people from 1-10. And maybe no one higher. How come someone is listen on their for having 2 merits but I'm not? I has 2 merits, also. [Just guessing aruond] so it wouldn't work, yet, anyway.

Also, the RANKING part of it though, I do seem to like. I say, rewards throughout the community will keep people in-tuned and the AG community will thrive. ^^

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

thanks for ideas
To No Name- I agree with the competition, but merits are things to be proud about. I would praise someone for having just 2 or 3. They r hard to make and i would like to let people know of their achievements. Also it would encourage people to make great comments which I think is good for the site.
To brickhead/armed blade- Me and nick_coolhaha both have 40+ (not tryin to brag in anyway) But there are many people with 1-10 merits.

To Armed blade-Everybody who has a merit could be ranked not just a top ten (just an idea) so everyone will be noticed.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Also, I do not want to seem mean when I say this...

But I hardly support the top 10 merit system since all it will do is get to the top 10 people's heads, and they will start bragging about how they have the most merits.

Merits are rewarded to those who make helpfull game comments. It would be like donating the most money to the poor in a church, and braggign how you donated the most money.

That is just my opinion.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

True, it would encourage people to make better comments, and I am not saying everyone will start bragging, but it will only make more people comment only to gain points.

I am personaly tired of seeing people with over 1000 comments merely because they want points.

Lists always have the effect of having one lucky person hitting the top position, then some people praise that one person and ignore everyone else... making it harder for everyone else to honestly get anywere. The other people who are not praising the top person/people are always tryign to compete with the top 10 and it causes a lot of spam.

It is deep but it has already happened to a strong effect.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

I understand where ur comin from and I liked the example. I DO NOT support a top ten cuz i want EVERYONE to be on it. Also if people are braggin like that then we could do somethin about it. I would talk to a mod cuz i know gloating isn't against the rules, it is mean and something could be done.

Sorry if i made it sound like the capitalized looked like yelling. I wasn't yelling, I was sayin what I said before cuz u said that u dont support a top ten which i had already said

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Sorry I must have misread what you said then = )

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Its all good
I totally understand wut u said earlier. Everyone is sucking up and praising firetail madness. (no offense to him) but this would not be a place to chat on. Just something to see

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

It would be great and it would give the people up high to do something instead of get board and leave AG. Nice idead X, I would becom a peasent or slave I olny have 6 hehehe.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Ya i have noticed that people get bored once they r high up in the rankings. Oh btw 6 merits is worthy of at least a warrior of some sort.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Ummm... to be honest I don't really like this idea. We already have a ranking system for the site. It does not make sense to have 2.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

ok im sorry Carlie. I thought it would be cool to have a page like this and make rankings and stuff

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

There is already a suggestion for a leader board I do believe. I think that would be more appropriate.

It wasn't a bad idea though just doesn't make sense to have two rankings. Ideally, those in the top ranks should be users who are all around well rounded. Doesn't always happen... but ideally.

Showing 1-15 of 55