ForumsThe TavernSpelling and Grammar Nazi Club

160 22803
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Okay, I got this idea Darkroot, it's another club! That's right, another club so the mods can look it over for a purpose. Well, this club has a purpose, and that's to improve grammar throughout the site by our local, non-mod Grammar Nazis!

The leaders will be TSL3_needed (Me), Thisisnotanalt, Darkrooot, and Flipin3500.

It's not so much a club as just something to help people improve their grammar on the forums, games, and profiles. Membership is sort of unlimited and anyone can join, just as long as you pledge to improve your grammar and help others improve theirs.

The official guide for the club is here. Everyone, I hope you enjoy improving your grammar!

• 160 Replies
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

It is not hard to use correct grammar, just simply take a second.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah.
Continuously grammar bad using words without forgetting any correct much is harder, thinks me.
afroninja1723
afroninja1723
575 posts
Nomad

yea u guyz need 2 lrn how 2 spellz!!!1!
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I want to join.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Sure, Zootsuit_riot. You can join.

Anyone can join, but it's not mandatory or anything.

Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

Yeah.
Continuously grammar bad using words without forgetting any correct much is harder, thinks me.

Woah, Yoda when did you get here.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh beyond Yoda gone far have.

Grammer Yoda-like though not.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Ok, on a serious note, we don't really have many grammar issues in the community. Heck, I am terrible when it comes to spelling. The fact of the matter is that this club is pointless. Sure, it sounds like it has a noble reason for being here, but is it really noble?

How often do you go through the community and find a thread that is just ruined from the lack of grammar control? So far I havn't, with the exception of the threads typed in all caps or the very rare run in with a member who does 'tipe lyke dis'.

If someone in the forums does have a problem with grammar that needs to be addressed, someone will correct them. In a club or not, someone will.

This thread is just a way to give everyone a name, or a false badge. It's like joining a neighborhood watch. You don't have to be a part of it to be a good neighbor or to call 911 when someone is hurt or to bring out the first AID kit. It's just a way to put a sign on your street corner, and papers in your pocket, all to make you feel specail.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I sense a disturbance in the force. . . .

The one with no name misunderstands the purpose.

Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

I sense a disturbance in the force. . . .

The one with no name misunderstands the purpose.

I concur!
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Nemo, you are banished from the land of the Grammar Nazis.

Seriously though, this can work.

carddog12
carddog12
211 posts
Nomad

Yes all we have to do is recruit more people them we can get rid of bad grammar from armorgames.com forever!

Mwhahahahaha!

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

There are no grammar problems on the site that needs fixed. I think this club is unnecessary, but that is just my opinion.

Anyway, have fun improving everyone's grammar. Good luck finding people who actually need help with their grammar.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Carddog, don't force people into joining, ask them. If they don't want to join, then leave them alone.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Oh you would be surprised on how many people need to improve their spelling or grammar.

All they have to do is download Firefox. Or actually read what they type.

Showing 31-45 of 160