ForumsGame WalkthroughsHow to Raise a Dragon

54 56578
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I realise it already has a walkthrough, but that's only to end the game.

So here is how you get all the behaviors, breathes, and titles.
Titles - There are 4.
Behaviors - There are 5 (odd number, eh?).
Breathes - There are 4.

**BREATHS**
Now then, let's start with breathes, as those are the first you obtain.
Breathe None - Go to the rightmost part of the castle, you will see a well of sorts. Jump down it, and go to the far left. There will be a hole, jump through it. Then go through the hole in the floor, and go rightmost. You now have no breathe.

Breathe Fire - Eat these 4 items: The fireplace under the cage you came in, the lamp at the rightmost side of the castle (*note* not inside the well, in the tower), on the top, the candle in the baby room (2 rooms under the wizard), and the torch in the well (you can jump back up).

Breathe Heal - Eat the blue mushrooms in the sewer (entered through the well), the health vile next to the candle, a sack of... blue stuff in the rightmost tower (mid floor), and the health vile directly under the wizard's room.

Breathe Plant - The plant thing directly above the cage room, bottom leftmost corner of the castle, there is a small plant, in the rightwards passageway there is a tree, and the room above the dining hall yields another plant. Eat those and you're set.

**BEHAVIORS**
Fiery - Needs Fire Breathe - Torch EVERYTHING, and sit on either the building for a tyrant, or sit on the rightmost area for a scourge.

Necromantic - Needs Heal Breathe - resurrect things! Either by squashing humans and healing them, or ... well that's just about it. Sit on the building for tyrant or the rightmost area for scourge.

Rampaging - Can Be Used By Any - Eat everything in your path. EVERYTHING. Then sit on the building in order to get tyrant, or in the rightmost area scourge.

Reclusive - Can Be Used By Any - Simply not kill anything. Sit on the building to be a guardian and sit on the rightmost area to be a watcher. **note, I think this is the only way to get the watcher**

Wild - Needs Plant Breathe - Plant EVERYTHING. and do it with fuuuun! XD. Or at least most, but I plant breathed everything for good measure. Then sit on the building for a guardian, or the rightmost area for a watcher/scourge.

**TITLES**
Guardian - Can Be Used By Any - Simply not kill anything and sit on the building.

Tyrant - beat the crap out of everyone and then sit on the building.

Watcher - I think that you can only do this with reclusive nature but I'm not sure. So then, just not kill and go to the rightmost area.

Scourge - Kill all you want, burninate all you want, just go to the rightmost corner.

• 54 Replies
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Oh, Those are crop fields? I always thought they were logs...

But upon closer inspection, they do look like fields.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the Double post, But It's okay to hit all trees and a house or two, and you can still get Fertie Guardian, just as long as you mainly target plant life.

samhome14
samhome14
1 posts
Nomad

Hey, I think that there are actually 6 different behaviors that the elder dragon can have, but I can't figure out the sixth one (the one on the far left of the hero menu.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hey, I think that there are actually 6 different behaviors that the elder dragon can have, but I can't figure out the sixth one (the one on the far left of the hero menu.
Behaviours are:
Fertile, Fiery, Necromantic, Rampaging, Reclusive and Wild. Listed in that order in the game. They're all explained in this thread already.
MudPuddle
MudPuddle
270 posts
Templar

I was a bit disappointed the behavior in the adolescent stage didn't have more to do with the endings. There seems to be no impact on the game that comes from the choice to heal or kill or ignore your captor. I really hope someone takes this concept and expands it though, it has a lot of potential.

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

I can't figure out how to get stalemate. The dragon never chomps at me with its dying breath. It just flops over with its mouth closed.

nickthepwn
nickthepwn
130 posts
Nomad

Dang this is good.

Neiji
Neiji
99 posts
Shepherd

nice game, but i still dont get the point...
whats the goal in the game??

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

Well there's no real way to lose the game. The immediate goal is to simply play through a dragon's life however you see fit. I guess a bigger goal would be finding every possible outcome.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I can't figure out how to get stalemate. The dragon never chomps at me with its dying breath. It just flops over with its mouth closed.

I managed to get hit by its tail.
The trick is to count to the arrowhits, and be ready to shoot, hit and then get killed at the 15th shot.
At least what I managed.

As for the goal, well, depends on your preferences. I have gotten all off the behaviors and all, so I am just fooling around, making heroes being nommed and burn cities.
xgeogander
xgeogander
193 posts
Nomad

Nicethese things are usefull

Sebi
Sebi
662 posts
Nomad

There should be achievments in the game showing all the different things you got...that would be nice.

That would be really nice!!!
tristena1b2c3
tristena1b2c3
33 posts
Peasant

There is really 7 different behaviors they are fertile, fiery, healer, necromantic, rampaging, reclusive and wild.

You can obtain healer by only healing injured people and not reviving any of the dead people. If you do make a zombie just KILL IT!!!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think the Healer is a newly implemented thing. It makes good sense to have, though~

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, you need to collect more than one thing to be able to breathe stuff?

No wonder I was confused...

Showing 16-30 of 54