ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSummer Armatar Contest!

844 134600
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

It's that time again! Summer is here and it is time for a new armatar contest! So how this works is that you can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Summer. If I like it, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

Keep in mind that there are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted. So be sure to check those out.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be summer themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome summer armatars =)

• 844 Replies
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Is the image for you guys showing up?

Well it was before, but now it is not for some reason.... O.o
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Well, now the image is way too wide... It's very unusual.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

It's a modification of the server. Accident on my end. Here's the actual image (hopefully):

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu16/TSL3_needed/rsz_1armatar.png?t=1247386289

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Yes that one is much better.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'm wondering if those cactus(es?) are a bit - too small for an armatar. Tiny detail?

Lol, don't worry spamlawrd. Yours was good. Frankly, I don't know how mine made it. Apparently, my standards are higher than my skills, and I refuse to accept compliments. I don't know why, though. :/
But yours is good~ Just look at the face of the manta!
LazyOne
LazyOne
166 posts
Nomad

[IMG]http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy50/IAmLazyOne/Gem.jpg[/IMG]

lol i think it's pretty good as you know that i downloaded gim 5 days ago... i also don't know how to draw a circle so i used Paths tool and had to pixelart the flaws in it lol

LazyOne
LazyOne
166 posts
Nomad

wait lol

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy50/IAmLazyOne/Gem.jpg

here it is, and i'm sorry for the white edge around it, but that's because i converted it to .jpg
because some servers cant read .xcf

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

And cretic on mine?

My v2 one?

(PG 14)

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

ok jaza yours is excellent! now be quiet! (payback)

lol

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Lol...> >

Thnx, but atleast i only asked Once!

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I think me and the_manta are the only ones with this armatar. I love this one. I wish it was permanent.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think me and the_manta are the only ones with this armatar. I love this one. I wish it was permanent.

Who made it? It's good, the manta's just a bit small.

here it is, and i'm sorry for the white edge around it, but that's because i converted it to .jpg
because some servers cant read .xcf

Not sure how it fits with the summer theme, but it's good!
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I'm wondering if those cactus(es?) are a bit - too small for an armatar. Tiny detail?

Same as all the other ones. 100x100 makes 1000x1000 look small.
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Who made it? It's good, the manta's just a bit small.

I am pretty sure the_manta made it, haha.
vampyriccadence
vampyriccadence
85 posts
Nomad

So summer colors = summer themed?

I've been sitting here trying to come up with an idea, but then I looked at some of the entries and noticed that they were just swirls with summer-like colors. (And there's nothing wrong with that!)

Showing 166-180 of 844