ForumsWEPRWho Would Win Canada Or U.S.A In A War

296 99514
patriotboy1
patriotboy1
238 posts
Nomad

I know U.S.A has a better army and weapons developement in all but Canada has a ready army and a hell of alot more allies than America.

• 296 Replies
Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

The US would win, because the UN doesn't have a competant army, Most of Canada would just give up, and the US would use Canada's attack as a reason to give the world why they should take them over, just like we did with Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Germany, Japan, and just about every country we own territory in.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

If you don't count allies, the USA would completely destroy Canada, eh? Superior technology and a much better Navy and Air Force puts the USA at the winning spot.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Hmmm...

USA FTW!! WE PWN ALL N00BS!!!! INCLUDING CANADA AND THERE PISSY ARMY!!!!

Sorry there, thinking in the mind of an American.

Umm, USA in all regards, Navy, Air Force, technology. USA would win.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Most of Canada would just give up,

And how do you know that? You as an American (I'll take a guess) cannot make up the minds of another nation. So don't think that Canada would just let you trample over and take what you want. If we wanted to give up, we wouldn't have joined World War one and Two alongside England. (Especially in world war two, where we volunteered)

Did you know that in world war two, Canada total population around the two million mark, had so many volunteers that the army became a one million active duty force?

That in world war two Canada had the third largest Navy?

I bet not, so don't try and make us seem helpless and weak, That's the worst mistake a country can do. Underestimate the defending one.
HiddenDistance
HiddenDistance
1,310 posts
Peasant

Canada would be crushed.

This census of the Canadian population puts the entire country & its territories at a little over 31 million people.

This estimate from the U.S.A. Census for 2008, puts the population of the US at a little over 300 million.

According to the CBC, the Canadian military budget for 2008 was approximately $18.2 billion dollars.

According to the White House website, the United States of America spent a *base* of $481.4 billion dollars on defense in 2008.

Couple that with the fact that a great deal of Canadian equipment is outdated in comparison to the American forces, I don't think that the country would put up much of a fight at all.

I think a good strategy for the U.S.A. government would be to wait for winter, bomb power stations & then let Canada suffer through the winter while holding the border. Then either accept an early surrender, or invade in the spring & subjugate the populace and decimate the military. I highly doubt there would be much in the way of guerilla fighting, or partisan saboteurs, so occupation would be a much easier task.

The U.S.A. has advantages in that the military is larger, better trained for the most part (Canada does have some excellent special forces, but going with the rest of the military, there's not that many of them and the U.S.A. have special forces too...), and better equipped. If going to an all-out war including a draft, the United states has more population to commit to a conflict & manufacture of equipment, whereas Canada's population is quite spread out over our gigantic land mass, and coming up with a more concerted effort and concentrated defense would be very difficult to mobilize quickly enough to be able to stop the U.S.A. from gaining air & land superiority.

I live in Vancouver, but lets face facts - Canada would get owned.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Did you know that in world war two, Canada total population around the two million mark, had so many volunteers that the army became a one million active duty force?

That in world war two Canada had the third largest Navy?

That was 50 years ago, a lot has changed.

HiddenDistance basically listed it all out.
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

US has nuclear weapons.

The end.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

US has nuclear weapons.

The end.

Canada has Nukes too
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Canada has Nukes too

No, we are one of those countries that actually don't have Nukes. But we can make nukes. Although we don't.

You nuke a country, and you kill the world.....simple as that. If North Korea, USA, Russia, China, Pakistan, India were to nuke a country it would lead to chain events that would kill us all.
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

US has nuclear weapons.

The end.

The users of AG seem to be obsessed with nukes. I highly doubt they're going to be used anytime soon.

You nuke a country, and you kill the world.....simple as that. If North Korea, USA, Russia, China, Pakistan, India were to nuke a country it would lead to chain events that would kill us all.

Pretty much. Nuclear fallout and such.
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Pretty much. Nuclear fallout and such.

Yup....... I just find it funny when an average Joe thinks that it's going to be no big deal. And that since his/her country has nukes nothing will happen to them. Truth is, a nuke would destroy the planet and every life form in it's reach.

You survive a nuke blast, radiation will get you. You stay away from the radiation somehow, it'll take awhile for plant life to grow etc. Either way, Nukes are not a good thing. No matter what country you are.
IPwnU2Day
IPwnU2Day
395 posts
Nomad

If nukes are used then life just becomes a giant game of Fallout 3.

That's going to be the outcome. Isn't that fun kids!!

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

If nukes are used then life just becomes a giant game of Fallout 3.

That's going to be the outcome. Isn't that fun kids!!

Wow! Very fun. Except for the overwhelming possibility that we wouldn't survive the nuclear war. And then it would be difficult to survive the wasteland.

The users of AG seem to be obsessed with nukes. I highly doubt they're going to be used anytime soon.

Typical of us here.

Well, we should now know that Canada would be crushed in a war against the U.S.A.

Let us also remember what is quoted above. The USA crushing Canada would severely threaten the order of the world and that's bad. It could lead to more war and nukes.
JJ52
JJ52
1,150 posts
Nomad

Hidden Distance basically said it all, theres no point debating over it.

Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

And how do you know that? You as an American (I'll take a guess) cannot make up the minds of another nation

Oddly enough, my job in the US Army IS to change the minds of other nations. I can't go into detail HOW I do it, but just remember the viet nam war, and how everyone acted in the US. That's basically what I would do to Canada.
Showing 31-45 of 296