ForumsArt, Music, and WritingBronze's random Art

607 212936
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

This thread is for me to post my art, mainly drawings.
So you guys just sit back and enjoy, and please feel free to make a comment. My first piece is something I usually do to warm-up.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/MrSmiley.jpg

Say hi to Mr. Smiley

• 607 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

^Thanks dude. Ah man, that light house is old, but it was a decent drawing for its time.

Anyway, new stuffs.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/man-1.jpg

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/throne-1.jpg

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/001-2.png

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Love them!
What pencils do you use?

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I use 2h for the sketch and light shading. 2b for most of the rest, but I'll use 3b and up for darker areas. Charcoal works well for getting really dark areas, but I hate the mess they involve. I also incorporate pens (mainly pigma microns) for small details.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

So, when you posted art last time, I went to look and said to myself "I should probably comment on these". And then I didn't.

So, now I will do so, because.

The thumbnails are pretty neat, though they arguably need some cleaning up to do, if they were to be used as icons. The dynamic is right, but the messy lines does make the images rather heavy, and the amount of black in some of them subtracts from the general posing of the image, instead of letting it stand out.
But then again, they look pretty much like the thumbnails I work with then I bother, so it fully understandable.

Truck is nice, thumbs up for using charcoal. It's impossible for me, so, well, just thumbs up for even considering that material in the first place.

Sketch dump is sketchy, like that one ASC entry you did. It's not bad, it's just sketchy and random, and it's interesting to look at. Stick person holding heart and other stick person being dead is an awesome concept, and you could probably earn money on that specifically.

The blend of pen and pencil does confuse me a little in this one. The image in itself is rather nice and well done, as your more serious art tends to be, but the choice of material might not be the best for this type of art. Many of the black lines stand out too much and steals the focus from the overall picture. Especially the streaks in the beard.
It does look all right in the sides of the beard, and it was a good choice to draw the eyes/pupil and iris in ink, since that is where the focus really should be, and puts emphasis on a detail that the eyes of the viewer naturally finds in an image.

Looks nice, the ink doesn't do anything bad for the image here (if it does anything good either can be debated). This is your ASC entry, isn't it? Probably more fitting than mine ended up being.
If I am going to analyse it (and there's no one to stop me from doing so, so ahahaha!) this tells a fine story of the consequences of authority, or in this case, how lonely you will end up being if all people bow and scramble for you, because you are of the highest rank. When all the commoners are partying outside in their lowly houses, the guards are elsewhere, either doing their job, or drinking and probably talking about how horribly your employment is, and then you just sit there on your throne, alone, because no one will ever be respectful for you because of who you are, and no one will ever look past your rank.
Anyway. I guess what I am trying to say is that it's an effective image and I like it.

I like this one. The perspective of the staircase is a little funky, but the image in itself is just... Very nice. And very thought provocing and horrible at the same time.
This would be something I would expect to see in a newspaper or as a poster or a billboard on the street. Probably with some horrible caption, but even without it, it's just... It's just perfect.
10/10 would look again.

AND AWAY!

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Thanks for the crits Cen. Btw, did you get your computer fixed or whatever?

Truck is nice, thumbs up for using charcoal. It's impossible for me, so, well, just thumbs up for even considering that material in the first place.

I had no choice in the matter, that was the assignment. I don't like charcoal, to much blending in and going over and over an area to get the right shade. I could go on with everything I don't like about charcoal, but I won't.

Stick person holding heart and other stick person being dead is an awesome concept, and you could probably earn money on that specifically.

I can make money?! How?

The blend of pen and pencil does confuse me a little in this one. The image in itself is rather nice and well done, as your more serious art tends to be, but the choice of material might not be the best for this type of art. Many of the black lines stand out too much and steals the focus from the overall picture. Especially the streaks in the beard.
It does look all right in the sides of the beard, and it was a good choice to draw the eyes/pupil and iris in ink, since that is where the focus really should be, and puts emphasis on a detail that the eyes of the viewer naturally finds in an image.

Good points. I will say that I misplaced my smallest pen, so I used a thicker point than I wanted. I'm kind of in experimental mode with pens and ink, and so I'm getting the good with the bad that comes with the territory.

I like this one. The perspective of the staircase is a little funky, but the image in itself is just... Very nice. And very thought provocing and horrible at the same time.
This would be something I would expect to see in a newspaper or as a poster or a billboard on the street. Probably with some horrible caption, but even without it, it's just... It's just perfect.
10/10 would look again.

You know, I hate this picture the more I look at it, but I'm glad you like it. I should have varied my line thickness more, my old dudes kinda blend in to much, the staircase is off like you said, and it got me my lowest grade in art class to date.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I had no choice in the matter, that was the assignment. I don't like charcoal, to much blending in and going over and over an area to get the right shade. I could go on with everything I don't like about charcoal, but I won't.

I understand. I really don't understand the material at all, so I am just deeply impressed anyone would make anything with charcoal at all.
It kinda baffles me, I guess.

I can make money?! How?

Either comics or t-shirts. Or post cards. Post cards are always a choice.

Good points. I will say that I misplaced my smallest pen, so I used a thicker point than I wanted. I'm kind of in experimental mode with pens and ink, and so I'm getting the good with the bad that comes with the territory

Totally understandable. And, well, it does work out some places, but others the shading is just too light to not make it stand out too much.
/Always misplaces pens

You know, I hate this picture the more I look at it, but I'm glad you like it. I should have varied my line thickness more, my old dudes kinda blend in to much, the staircase is off like you said, and it got me my lowest grade in art class to date.

There is always time to revisit again at a later date.
There is always room for improvement, and the concept and style is worth it, at least to me.

And yeah, my computer got fixed. Thankfully it had not fried as I feared it had, so all is well. Now there is just school in the way for the next long while.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Either comics or t-shirts. Or post cards. Post cards are always a choice.

Haha, I'd hate to know what a postcard with a guy getting his heart ripped out would be used for.

/Always misplaces pens

I wonder where all of the lost pens and pencils go. hmm

And good luck with school. My fall semester is almost done. I'm not sure how many classes I will take for the next one.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You have not seen the majority of the GO-cards we have here. Some are adorable, but then there are really weird ones like "Cut the crap - cut out compliments for your loved ones" which includes "Your new teeth looks really good on you" and "Yes, your butt really does look smaller in that dress". Some of them are really depressing too, and just nice looking or, well, anything. "You are the gravy on my steak" is another one...

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Bronze your bottom picture of your newest post is awesome. It reminds me of a kid looking from his balcony at night in NYC, his imagination changing the passing people into characters and animals. Great work man!

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I love that islander fellow with the beard... kind of makes me think of what Danny Trejo would look like as an old wise man! =D

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Bronze your bottom picture of your newest post is awesome. It reminds me of a kid looking from his balcony at night in NYC, his imagination changing the passing people into characters and animals. Great work man!

Thanks man, glad you like it.

I love that islander fellow with the beard

Thanks, beards will rule the world one day.

This next one is the inside cover of a CD case that I had to make for my 2-D art design class. I'm happy with it, but I'm sorry about the ipod photo quality.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/insidecover-1.jpg

Next is supposed to be an ink self portrait. It ain't perfect, but it does a good job of conveying a crazed hobo look.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/inkme-1.jpg
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Oo think you were staring a bit hard at your self in a mirror :P, still haven't got a tablet? anyways went back a few pages theres some interesting stuff.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Haha maybe. You don't really notice something is off when you sitting right in front of it. It's only until you back off and see everything all at once that you notice what's wrong.

No tablet for me yet, ain't got that kind of money.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Oo I have seen my tablet for around 60 :P, Also think that a beard just makes you feel like a hobo sometimes X| ever start smelling stuff from days past be like "Why do i smell pizza?", idk it happens sometimes when i grew out my beard for a couple of months, how long have you been workin on yours?

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Lol, no I don't ever smell day old pizza in my beard. I'm pretty devoted to keeping my beard cleaned and brushed.

Showing 481-495 of 607