ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWhodunit?

135 19813
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Ok well I'm pretty sure a lot of us has read a mystery story at some point, whether it be because you enjoy such stories, were so bored out of your mind you would do anything, or because it was an English assignment. Either way, that's what this thread is about. Somewhat.
Here's the deal of the Whodunit thread, which is slightly a contest. I will write a mystery story. Within said story will be several subtle clues as to whom the perpetrator is, however never will the story state clearly the perpetrator, how they committed their crime, the motive, or anything likewise. That...will be your job.
You, the reader, will attempt to solve the crime. The first person to correctly guess the perpetrator, how they did it, their motive for doing it, when and where the crime took place, and solid evidence that your theory is correct, will win. Winner's prize will be to give me a plot line, characters, etc. for the next mystery, if they wish. That of course, is optional. If no one has guessed the right answer in five days, then I will pronounce the mystery as unsolved, and you will have to pace trying to figure it out. You can still guess what happened in a previous unsolved mystery and I will tell you if correct or incorrect, but you will gain nothing from it.
Understood?
Terrific. I will release the first story shortly.

• 135 Replies
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Thirdly, why did Mrs. Monroe slash Charles? He wasn't injured or killed...until the end...
Finally, how can one presumably "lose hair" due to stress in a matter of seconds?

I agree with the first 2, but these last 2 not so much.

Just run the third one by me again reworded so my tired brain can understand it.

The fourth one, I maybe shouldn't have said that it was stress caused, but you're always losing old hair, so it's not unlikely.

If I'm aloud to add on to it without wasting my second guess, I will to answer the questions you've raised, but I doubt "boab" will let me.

And I just started lol'ing typing that again. >_<
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Attention Moab, don't tell me if I'm wrong yet. Let me know if I can add on to what I said first without exhausting my second guess.

Thank you.

ratrear12
ratrear12
97 posts
Nomad

Ok....

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Wow dragon. I'm impressed. I won't tell you anything, but you are the closest guess as of yet(in some parts. In others, you were completely off). And you clearly put a lot of effort into it. Even if no one gets it, I'm definitely giving you an honorable mention or something.
Anyways, modifying your guess...I suppose that shouldn't take up your second guess? I'm not quite sure about that. I'll think about it. Maybe if you only changed a couple of things. If you completely revamped your original guess then I would count that as two guesses.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Just run the third one by me again reworded so my tired brain can understand it.

Well my brain can't understand what you just wrote there...anyways...

Thirdly, you stated that Mrs. Monroe slashed Chris as he was walking by, so how could he of been slashed if it was never stated in the story that he was hurt in any way?

And I also forgot to say, you didn't say how Timothy died...or that he dies at all...
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I mean like I forgot a couple things that left holes in my story like Papi said, and I needed to fix it.

Yay, thanks Moab. I really did try to figure it out, but being human and all, and also being a procrastinator, lazy, a non-note taker, etc. it caused flaws in my guess. :-P

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

@Papi: Damn my overuse of pronouns. I meant she slashed Timothy while Chris (? My brain doesn't even remember that being the name rofl) was walking by. Also, I thought it was implied Timothy died since he had a funeral in the story. Now that I've said I overused pronouns, maybe that cleared up a little bit.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

And ratrear...don't spam. Here especially. We're talking about serious business here. It was completely uncalled for. And absolutely unnecessary and meaningless.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

So what you really meant was...

While Timothy was passing by, Mrs. Monroe slashed his neck, either in front or behind depending on which hand she used.

That should make more sense.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Thirdly, you stated that Mrs. Monroe slashed Chris as he was walking by, so how could he of been slashed if it was never stated in the story that he was hurt in any way?

...not to sound rude, but who the heck is Chris?
And dragonball, I know you said not to say if you were right or wrong, but I never actually said if you were . I've decided to wait until the deadline is up to announce the winner, who will be the first person who guessed correctly. I just wanted to mess with you a little. People who are unaware that my name is Moat, not Moab, annoy me to no end.
Never said if you were right or wrong, so now you can agonize over that.
Good solving!
-Moat
PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Oh lawl, I loled when I saw the words: Who's Chris? It's kinda late right now...I meant Charles. =D Still laughing.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

So what you really meant was...

While Timothy was passing by, Mrs. Monroe slashed his neck, either in front or behind depending on which hand she used.

That should make more sense

Wrong. Timothy and Mrs. Monroe were fighting, during which Charles passed by. Also during the fighting, Mrs. Monroe got enraged and slashed Timothy, with Charles present, to be thought as a witness by Mrs. Monroe.
...not to sound rude, but who the heck is Chris?

We're tired, we meant Charles. :-P

People who are unaware that my name is Moat, not Moab, annoy me to no end.

Well, I called you boab earlier, can I just do that? rofl

And dragonball, I know you said not to say if you were right or wrong, but I never actually said if you were . I've decided to wait until the deadline is up to announce the winner, who will be the first person who guessed correctly. I just wanted to mess with you a
little.

Never said if you were right or wrong, so now you can agonize over that.

*groans*
PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Wrong. Timothy and Mrs. Monroe were fighting, during which Charles passed by. Also during the fighting, Mrs. Monroe got enraged and slashed Timothy, with Charles present, to be thought as a witness by Mrs. Monroe.

What?! How can this be?! Timothy dies, and Charles
doesn't get injured!
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Papi, play nice.
Wow I sounded like a soccer mom lol.
Reminder:
Deadline is August 24th

dragonball05
dragonball05