ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWhodunit?

135 19812
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Ok well I'm pretty sure a lot of us has read a mystery story at some point, whether it be because you enjoy such stories, were so bored out of your mind you would do anything, or because it was an English assignment. Either way, that's what this thread is about. Somewhat.
Here's the deal of the Whodunit thread, which is slightly a contest. I will write a mystery story. Within said story will be several subtle clues as to whom the perpetrator is, however never will the story state clearly the perpetrator, how they committed their crime, the motive, or anything likewise. That...will be your job.
You, the reader, will attempt to solve the crime. The first person to correctly guess the perpetrator, how they did it, their motive for doing it, when and where the crime took place, and solid evidence that your theory is correct, will win. Winner's prize will be to give me a plot line, characters, etc. for the next mystery, if they wish. That of course, is optional. If no one has guessed the right answer in five days, then I will pronounce the mystery as unsolved, and you will have to pace trying to figure it out. You can still guess what happened in a previous unsolved mystery and I will tell you if correct or incorrect, but you will gain nothing from it.
Understood?
Terrific. I will release the first story shortly.

• 135 Replies
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

You don't know what calluses are? 0.o
Google it.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Your mom.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Too lazy to, just tell me...

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

It's like a tough spot of skin that develops after a lot of pressure or scraping against skin. It really helps lower pain and protect the skin. It can develop on your fingers if you write a lot, on your feet if you walk a lot, and stuff like that.
And frylock...
What the hell?

GuitarHeroFtw
GuitarHeroFtw
859 posts
Nomad

And frylock...
What the hell?

Haha, i think that Frylock is referring to a calluse as someones mum. althoguh they are actually hard blisters on your hands.
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Can we just stop the offtopicness
*bad mood*
He's spamming, though! That's only 2 words and has nothing to do with the thread
*extremely bad mood*

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Oh...that's what they're called...I got one from playing badminton(yes, that typical Asian sport). I hate 'em. Took like 2 weeks to heal, and its still feels weird.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

What did I say about offtopicness?
Gar...
Gar...
You can submit two guesses, and two guesses only. Therefore this is your final guess, so be careful.
*awful mood*

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

WHAT?! That's absolutely ridiculous.
*More of an awful mood than you*
In that case, I'll have to think everything through thoroughly.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Well it wouldn't be fair. Cuz then you could just use process of elimination and take up 100 guesses until you randomly guess the right one.
That's kind of the idea. You're supposed to have to think everything through.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Well it's not like I don't do that already. I'll just have to be extra careful. I'll just wait for someone else to take a guess at this. =D

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

*Moat leaves, thoroughly depressed in the way things are headed*
I will return when I feel like it.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

I have returned, and am now in a much better mood.
No updates, I suppose.
I almost wrote a remedial course chapter...but that would make it too easy.
None of you get the motive yet?
And burn, Papi. No one has replied back yet since you did
I'm going to start writing the next story tomorrow. I've decided there will be no prize except the pride.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

*Sobsob* Come one people! Think of something!

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Lol papi. I remind you that this thread pivots on a deadline, not a number of people who guessed. The deadline is the twenty fourth. If no one has guessed the correct answer then, then you will just have to live knowing that that case went unsolved.
But I am rather surprised. This thread was initially received well, I thought it would live longer. Oh well.
Story 2...almost in the making, if I can kick myself into gear.

Showing 31-45 of 135