ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5035 1356037
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,035 Replies
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

I'm Nintendo fan but you can't deny Wii'u sales are terrible.
I mean come one it gets outsold even by PSV and Wii.
http://www.vgchartz.com/

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Still, so what it's not selling badly? It's a terrible console nonetheless. Please don't mistake disproving one argument for disproving all of them. Most of which are being conveniently ignored.
That right there is called trolling, my friend. You hate on a system simply because you don't have it.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Look here. If you're gonna keep ignoring the plethora of real arguments I've made against the console and keep saying I dislike it out of some fictitious sense of jealousy, I'm gonna start thinking you're an idiot.

I've made several points in this thread, but for your convenience, allow me to quote my post from the thread YOU started about the Wii U. A post you also seem to have ignored.

I'm kind of tired of repeating all the reasons why the Wii U is a colossal disaster, so I'll be brief.

Its release timing is idiotic, game library is tiny (and unremarkable), there's no multiplayer community and third party support is very weak next to the two other major consoles, meaning there's very little to no reason to pick this up over a proper console.

The stupid control scheme is not even close to revolutionary (oh geez, a touchscreen, never seen that) and flawed at its very core - why the hell would I look away from my god**** game. There's literally no utility a pause menu couldn't have given me. The only thing it's going to be any good for is making it even more hellish for Nintendo to find third party support, because we've learned from the Wii that developers largely won't give enough of a crap to implement the gimmick to its "fullest potential" or, worse yet, won't port games at all.
The controller itself is a cumbersome, poorly designed piece of hardware with zero battery life.

The marketing was done poorly and half the consumers don't even know it's a standalone machine, and in two years it will be a barren ****ing wasteland, only sparsely revisited for a short while whenever Nintendo releases one of their big IPs' next installment, and then abandoned promptly right after.
yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

as far as i'm concerned, Wii U isn't even a contender here. the majority of video game players go for action and shooters, and let's face it; Wii U is made for family and arcade games, specializing in Mario, not Call of Duty or Mass Effect or any other game gamers love.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Its release timing is idiotic

Alright, yes, the Wii U should have spent a few more years in the development labs. But you need to look at this from Nintendo's perspective: they wanted to maintain their cheapness while battling the "decaying corpses" (how you put it). From their perspective, they wanted to put something out there while the competition was fading away. Knowing Nintendo, I can't say it'll be very long before they develop another console to compete with the X1 and the PS4 as they begin to fade away. Really, it was a good idea, but they'll have to take the pain of practically bombing the 8th generation in order to make up for it later.

game library is tiny (and unremarkable)

Unless you're a Nintendo fan! Nintendo needs that loyalty to survive, and boy, does it ever keep them alive. I wouldn't be surprised if people bought their console solely for the purpose of being able to play the next SSB game. Really, diehard Nintendo fans are pretty excited: we've got Metroid, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and a dozen other series coming. I certainly can't wait. I don't care if the console sucks as long as the games don't.

When you say unremarkable, I gotta headbutt with you a little. Nintendo games and characters are pretty iconic - you'd have to be an idiot to deny that. All I say is give it some time because Nintendo does everything a little differently. Look at it from the Nintendo fanboy's perspective.

there's no multiplayer community and third party support is very weak next to the two other major consoles

Which we've seen with the Wii already. The Wii and the Wii U won't be known for their Multiplayer, I can assure you that. You're looking at Nintendo's weak spots and are overlooking the positives. You're one pessimistic person if you truly believe the Wii U contains NOTHING valuable. It will have great games, because that's where Nintendo's power truly lays.

meaning there's very little to no reason to pick this up over a proper console.

1. The Wii U isn't a proper console? It fits the definition: The portion of a computer or peripheral that houses the apparatus used to operate the machine manually and provides a means of communication between the computer operator and the central processing unit, often in the form of a keyboard.
2. How did you come to that conclusion? It seems like you're jumping the gun a little bit.

The stupid control scheme is not even close to revolutionary (oh geez, a touchscreen, never seen that)

Yes, it is a little boring. They basically took the DS and made it into a console.

and flawed at its very core - why the hell would I look away from my god**** game. There's literally no utility a pause menu couldn't have given me. The only thing it's going to be any good for is making it even more hellish for Nintendo to find third party support, because we've learned from the Wii that developers largely won't give enough of a crap to implement the gimmick to its "fullest potential" or, worse yet, won't port games at all.

Actually, if you'd try the **** console instead of bashing it, you'd see that many games take advantage of the touchscreen and use it to the fullest they can. All it takes is a little creativity from the devs.

The controller itself is a cumbersome, poorly designed piece of hardware with zero battery life.

How is it poorly designed? It gets the job done. How does it have zero battery life? My controller lasts up to four hours, and that seems like a good amount of time to play. Besides, there are games that don't require the player to use the controller, but an old Wii remote.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

From their perspective, they wanted to put something out there while the competition was fading away. Knowing Nintendo, I can't say it'll be very long before they develop another console to compete with the X1 and the PS4 as they begin to fade away. Really, it was a good idea, but they'll have to take the pain of practically bombing the 8th generation in order to make up for it later.

Let me explain this a little more.

The time in between the Wii and the Wii U was roughly 6 years. The PS4 and the X1 will have been in development for roughly 8/9 years when they are released. That being said, the Wii U had relatively little time to be developed. When the 9th generation is being developed, the next Nintendo console will have just as much time to develop as its competitors, and because Nintendo will (probably) have a release while the other 9th gen consoles are being developed, they've a good idea.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

How does it have zero battery life? My controller lasts up to four hours

You just answered your question. I can easily play Super Smash Bros Brawl for 12 hours at a time. Yeah that sounds a little extreme but when you work all the time then you play games on your days off and if you only have 1 day your going to play most of the day.

The PS4 and PSVita are at least compatible with each other and make the gaming experience sweet. The Vita will be much more epic with a ps4.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You just answered your question. I can easily play Super Smash Bros Brawl for 12 hours at a time. Yeah that sounds a little extreme but when you work all the time then you play games on your days off and if you only have 1 day your going to play most of the day.

I would think that because of the controller's design 4 hours would be expected. I don't know anyone who could play 12 hours straight, so I guess that sounds a little extreme to me. I understand though.

The PS4 and PSVita are at least compatible with each other

Did you mean most compatible?
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I don't know anyone who could play 12 hours straight, so I guess that sounds a little extreme to me.

I guess you just don't know hard core gamers then. And maybe 12 hours is a little much but im usually either leaving my console on while I get something to eat or do something and just come back to it later in a half an hour or so.

Did you mean most compatible

Meant at least more my bad
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I guess you just don't know hard core gamers then. And maybe 12 hours is a little much but im usually either leaving my console on while I get something to eat or do something and just come back to it later in a half an hour or so.

I can see where you'd have a problem then.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Yeah so I do take breaks but I just leave the console on and with the Xbox you can turn off the controller. I guess if the Wii U has some sort of charging cable then it wouldn't be a problem

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Thought this might be interesting, though I'm sure most people have seen it already.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

The stupid control scheme is not even close to revolutionary (oh geez, a touchscreen, never seen that) and flawed at its very core - why the hell would I look away from my god**** game. There's literally no utility a pause menu couldn't have given me. The only thing it's going to be any good for is making it even more hellish for Nintendo to find third party support, because we've learned from the Wii that developers largely won't give enough of a crap to implement the gimmick to its "fullest potential" or, worse yet, won't port games at all.

The marketing was done poorly and half the consumers don't even know it's a standalone machine, and in two years it will be a barren ****ing wasteland, only sparsely revisited for a short while whenever Nintendo releases one of their big IPs' next installment, and then abandoned promptly right after.

Dude, first of all, I love the gamepad. Is the PS4 or Xbox1 gonna have a revolutionary idea for controller? No, and I use the pro-controller if I want a classic controller. If anything, Nintendo has more variety in controlling. If you wanna use the wii remote, you can even use that. It's light, convenient (I always use it when someone else wants to watch TV) and comfortable. Just because you don't prefer Nintendo, don't hate on it cuz ur too cheap to buy it. And it's not like the PS4 or Xbox1's libraries are bigger. Xbox 360 and Ps3 have been around 7 years, so yeah they have some titles built up. Give it some time. Not many people have bought it yet, but i know that more and more are. 3 of my friends just bought it, and I have it. Also, some people like the games it has. I have COD Black Ops 2, and I play it, but i prefer playing the 1st party games, because those are what I was raised on. As Salvidian said, it's loyalty. I love Nintendo, and its first party games. I mean, aside from spyro, what first party games did little PlayStation kids grow up on?

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

what first party games did little PlayStation kids grow up on?

Aside from Spyro? There's the Jak and Daxter series, and before that Crash Bandicoot. The only home consoles of the Kingdom Hearts series are Playstations. There's always Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Then there's also Ratchet and Clank that are PS exclusive. The PS2 was an exclusive powerhouse.

And it's not like the PS4 or Xbox1's libraries are bigger.

Those consoles have not even been released yet and they already have 3rd party games dated for release which the Wii U won't.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

The PS2 was an exclusive powerhouse.
Exclusive powerhouse? No. Nintendo is an exclusive powerhouse, Sony used to have a few, but now it's basically empty on exclusives.

Those consoles have not even been released yet and they already have 3rd party games dated for release which the Wii U won't.
Wiiu had many exclusives at launch. Here's the launch list of third and first party titles.
The WiiU launch titles are:
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Skylanders Giants
Transformers Prime
Wipeout 3
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
FIFA Soccer 13
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden: Razorâs Edge
Nintendo Land
Sing Party
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Warrios Orochi 3 Hyper
Darksiders II
Assassinâs Creed III
ESPN Sports Connection
Just Dance 4
Rabbids Land
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Game Party Champions
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

here's the list of games out or confirmed to come out

Aban Hawkins & the 1,001 Spikes
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!
Aliens: Colonial Marines FAQs
Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition, The
Angry Birds Trilogy
Armillo
Ashes Cricket 2013
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Barbie Dreamhouse Party
Batman: Arkham Begins
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
Batman: Arkham Origins
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Bayonetta 2
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
BioHazard: Revelations - Unveiled Edition
Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Uprising
Cave, The
Chasing Aurora
Citizens of Earth
Cloudberry Kingdom
Coaster Crazy Deluxe
Croods: Prehistoric Party!, The
Dairantou Smash Bros. Wii U
Darksiders II FAQs
Darts Up
Death's Apprentice
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
DiRT
Disney Animator
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Disney Infinity
Disney Planes
Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku
Dream Pinball 3D II
DuckTales Remastered
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
ESPN Sports Connection
F1 Race Stars: Powered Up Edition
Family Party, The
Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
Fast & Furious: Showdown
FIFA 13
FIFA 13: World Class Soccer
FIFA 14
FIFA Soccer 13
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2
Funky Barn
Game & Wario
Game Party Champions
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Injustice: Kamigami no Gekitotsu
Jeopardy!
Just Dance 4
Karateka
Keito no Yoshi
Killer Freaks from Outer Space
Kung Fu Rabbit
Legend of Zelda Wii U, The
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, The
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
LEGO City Undercover
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Little Inferno
Madden NFL 13
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Mario Kart Wii U
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Measure Up
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive EditionMyG
Monolith Soft Wii U Game
Monster High 13 Wishes The Official Game
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Monster Hunter 3G HD Ver.
Monster Hunter 3G Packet Relay Tool
Musou Orochi 2 Hyper
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Nano Assault Neo
NBA 2K13
NBA 2K14
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U - A Criterion Game
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Nintendo x Joysound Wii Karaoke U
Othello
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff
Pier Solar HD
Pikmin 3
Pokemon Scramble U
Puddle
Rabbids Land FAQs
Rainbow Skies
Rapala Pro Bass Fishing
Rayman Legends
Rayman Legends Challenges App
Resident Evil: Revelations
Rise of the Guardians
Road Redemption
Ryu ga Gotoku 1&2 HD for Wii U
San Goku Shi 12
Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails
Scribblenauts Unlimited FAQs
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
Shadow of the Eternals
Shin Hokuto Musou
Shin Megami Tensei meets Fire Emblem
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Shovel Knight
Sims, The
SiNG Party
Skylanders Giants
Skylanders Swap Force
Smurfs 2, The
Sniper Elite V2
Sniper Elite V3
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 FAQs
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Lost World
Sonic: Lost World
Sports Connection
Super Mario Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Toki Tori 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Transformers Prime: The Game
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad
Two Brothers
Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, The
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Watch Dogs
Wheel of Fortune
Wii Fit U
Wii Street U
Wii U Panorama View
Wii U Party
Wii U Play
Wii U Sports
Wipeout 3
Wonderful 101, The
World of Keflings, A
Yoshi's Land
Young Justice: Legacy
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
Zelda no Densetsu: Kaze no Takuto
Zelda Wii U
ZEN Pinball 2
ZombiU
Zumba Fitness World Party
Even if I DO save enough money to buy all of these, I won't be able to play every one of them. The next idiot to say that WiiU has a small library, should go die. And this list will only get bigger.

Showing 4936-4950 of 5035