ForumsGamesGeneral Colony Discussion

6563 1006692
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So, since my last competition was pretty much a discussion, I'll now close that and move over to this general colony discussion (the others are all specific)

TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO COLONY (and beef burgers)

• 6,563 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Well this game is extremely easy to micro, well besides it being hard to pick units, because it is just one battlefield. Microing is my weakest point in most RTS games where multiple things are happening all over the map, I usually only focus on one thing, which can get me in a bad situation :O

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

i will usually micro, i played online in starcraft quite a bit. but i never got into a real competitive aspect.
and yes microing is easy for right now, but once he adds the single unit group select things will be much different.

like is your phantoms ahead of your tanks? ill get my satakas to go first and back down. now that your wide open ill bring in my phantoms and game over

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Welll if they only have phantoms+tanks I guess you could've brought in your phantoms anyways and killed them all, then bring in the sakatas to mop up the phantoms that couldn't be blown up.

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

what if the had satakas to but they were behind the tanks?

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Hmm...then you could snipe the tanks I guess and then perhaps use...scouts as a meatshied?

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

see that would help a lot if you could select a single group of units..

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

The phantoms and sakatas would normally be in clumps I suppose, so they can all fire at once, and when the scouts build I could select the phantom clump and then follow the scouts...

And other units might get their own clump on a specific part of the field, etc.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

scouts as a meatshied?

Sorry, but if it is a large group of MK IIs it doesn't even matter, it is just like a chronite tank killing 100 marines in one shot...
lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

True, then I don't know

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Ack sorry for double post...

This probably won't work but...

What if, you have souts on autobuild, then when 1 scouts goes forward, you move your phantoms forward, shoot a bit, fall back, repeat for the next scouts.

Not like a huge wall of them, just luring the fire away from the phantoms because sakatas fire 1 at a time.

necodeus
necodeus
24 posts
Peasant

I'm set up in Glastondale right now, 1v1 winratio75+

I kick non-rank 5s.

Bring it on, guys.

hardcore
hardcore
177 posts
Jester

I like beef burger's

quickshift
quickshift
349 posts
Nomad

Colony is pretty kick a** but i think that there should be an option in like skermish to be able to use more then 4 things.. lol just my opinion

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think 4 things is enough, the basic outline for a 2 vs 2 is 3 resource structures, and 1 deployment structure.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Ok, I can see this convo is starting to turn to future additions for this game, or more likely another game. So I am just gonna complete the turn.

I think 4 things is enough, the basic outline for a 2 vs 2 is 3 resource structures, and 1 deployment structure.

I think a lot of people would want a defense structure, but with only 4 plots they couldn't afford to take away from their resources. Well, there are a few solutions to that: 1) Have a designated build plot for turrets, if no extra build plot then we go to option 2)Make the defense structure produce some sort of resource when not in use, and 3) Make existing resource buildings upgradable to tier 3, and tier 3 RBs gain a turret.
Showing 286-300 of 6563