ForumsGamesBest Player in Colony?

1443 267301
LilLawnGnome
LilLawnGnome
10 posts
Nomad

Who do you think the best player in Colony is? You cannot nominate your self and maybe give some details on why you think he's the best.

My vote goes to Lifemaster, he and I are great friends and together we have never lost a game. Whenever we join a match together it takes 10minutes to find a game because when people enter they say "Fuck its him" and leave.

What about you?

• 1,443 Replies
Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

Well I don't know what to tell you...I've been playing colony for the past few days...alternating between glaston and beatrix. Do remember...I don't spend much time in the lobby, I log in, create a game, and play.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

hat must be why

sinuscontrol
sinuscontrol
118 posts
Nomad

really it all comes down to your build and your microing.

im gonna time a bunch of diff. builds for ground this weekend to see which is fastest/most efficient

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

i say darkarchon was best at 1 on 1.
but on 2 on 2, hmm iwould have to say tttgunner and hurleyfoalex for eq.
and for dogfight...i think dogfight is cheap so i say every1.
for low tech Marksmen23 ( ithink that's his name dont hold me to it) and me.
but for the other types of games, many people are good, firetail and anyone is a good team.

but i dont know to many players, CYBERBEAST was good YOS is also good so i guess it just depends.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

The best player can only be decided in a 1v1 normal. I think it is between YOS, Cholokid, Lifemaster, CYBERBEAST, Jorin, Guard, lalala12, Phantom4, WALDO, Balbastre, FrictioN, Thaiberium, and Firetail.

THIS LIST CONTAINS NO BIAS VOTING BECAUSE I INCLUDED CHOLOKID, EVEN THOGH I DO NOT LIKE HIM I DO HAVE TO ADMIT HE CAN HOLD HIS OWN.

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

i dont know cholokid, i do not know how good he plays.

why one on one, a good player should be able to win with a not very good ally, say rank 9 with a rank 4, that's how i see a good player, and a good player is fair and dosnt hack or doesnt complain, im not trting to say any of you do that, it just my thoughts.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

These days it is hard to win a 2v1 but it is stil possible. But 1v1 normal shows the true skill of a player.

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

i can do a 1 on 2, like when my ally leaves, but that is against people i dont know, i only have a ok strategy for 1 on 1, but im just not that good of a player, so my vote goes to .Firetail.

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

I enjoy 1v1, but I know my strat is pretty easily countered so yeah I'm not too great. I really dont know who the best players are, as I tend to play at odd hours so I see a lot of random people who aren't very good. It really just depends though on the gametype and such. It is hard to say someone is the "best" as there are so many different types and counters to every strat.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Dude. Take me off the list. Now. NAOOOOOOOOOOO...Il ike pie...

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

Om nom nom nom...

sprinter101
sprinter101
365 posts
Nomad

I enjoy 1v1, but I know my strat is pretty easily countered so yeah I'm not too great. I really dont know who the best players are, as I tend to play at odd hours so I see a lot of random people who aren't very good. It really just depends though on the gametype and such. It is hard to say someone is the "best" as there are so many different types and counters to every strat.

that is like what i do.
Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

While there is always a strategy that can counter your own, this isn't a test of whose strategy is best. It's a test of which players are able to adapt their strategies based on the circumstances presented.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Isn't it a big no no to talk about specific people?

Also what if a person who played colony doesn't have an AG account or use their AG name in the game? Then you can't says who is best.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

But 1v1 normal shows the true skill of a player on 1v1 normal.

There, I fixed it for you.

YOS, for the last time THERE IS NO SINGLE WAY TO MEASURE THE OVERALL SKILL OF A PLAYER. Teamwork or partner-coordination is a big part of PvP in Colony, and 1v1 can't measure that. The best way would really be for two people to do a 2v2 by getting on alt accounts and playing as both people on their side. That measures tactics and coordination between the two stations. But then, there's a big variable of looking after the two. So really, there's no way to measure the raw skill of a player. 1v1 normal measures their skill in 1v1. 2v2 and 1v1 are totally different, and both big parts of the game.
Showing 31-45 of 1443