ForumsSupport ForumEvidence

69 19391
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Temp. addition to the wall'o'stick.

If you are going to complain about/report someone, make sure you have evidence of the mischief.
If someone spam your comments, DO NOT delete it. Report it, wait until a mod replies, then delete it.
If you need to make a mod aware of a thread, POST THE LINK ALONG with the complaint/comment.
And, most importantly... If you want something to be locked, or deleted... REPORT IT!!

Why?
In the first case: No evidence, nothing happened.
Second case: It is sometimes hard work to track down "That thread about kittens" when we don't know where it is, or even what it is called.
Third case: Because otherwise you spam with your "this should be locked", "this is stupid", "this is a repeat"... The last case at least if that is the only comment.

Just so you know.

• 69 Replies
LazyOne
LazyOne
166 posts
Nomad

I think Moderators, or at least Carlie should be able to view deleted comments,
I mean, if some idiot comes and spams your page, the first thing you instinctively do (if you haven't read this thread) is deleting the spam/flames,

And then comes that moment of pure "Oh ****, I should have reported them"
And in a lot of cases, people go like "u idiot, u do that again on my page"
And, then they are no better than the violator him/herself.
~

trablis
trablis
109 posts
Nomad

He is right you have to have full evidence if you want to report someone.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

On that note, I am going to remind people to provide links to the games where you see the e-cart spammers. We have taken care of them whenever they get on the forums (because we can see the clearly there), but considering they spam on games as well, it would be a great help if you could provide a link to the game where you found the spam, so we can remove it (and thus stopping people from reporting them multiple times.
Thanks.

gamemakermaster
gamemakermaster
83 posts
Nomad

Yes You Are Right. Thank You Very Much.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Oh so that's how they fix spam comments!

WogBoy
WogBoy
60 posts
Nomad

i didnt know about all these..! But i have a question..Flaming is the same as spamming??

JoshFrench
JoshFrench
26 posts
Nomad

what does flagging the comment do?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i didnt know about all these..! But i have a question..Flaming is the same as spamming??

Nu. Flaming is saying mean comments to another user. Spamming is typing an unconstructive post under 7 words.

what does flagging the comment do?

Send comment to administration to check if it's breaking the rules. For more direct results just contact a mod.

*Flagging does not send anything to mods*
BeauGraham
BeauGraham
98 posts
Nomad

spam is pointless so spammers should just give up:P

HellsReject
HellsReject
1 posts
Peasant

I find the people who right things like stupid thread or lame comment 4 no reason or just to be stupid well stupid

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Dude, wtf. Irony. You just spammed.

Try not to do it again, pls? Next time post something related to the topic

lllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllll
187 posts
Nomad

Just hate spam. I don't spam even though I have a lot of forum posts. (Not really)

I hate spam. I alway see it on forums and website that chat in communities. Just so annoying to see what a waste to spam.

"Spam is Bad. It's like writing a 10-page homework that was never posted for homework."

(Yeah, that quote was just random)

billybobjo2
billybobjo2
135 posts
Nomad

yah spam has no point, why spam

JUBJUB414
JUBJUB414
1 posts
Nomad

Honestly i think there should be a way to ban spam from even showing up in the forum(not sure if it's possible but you never know). That way we don't have to put up with all the junk people post.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Unfortunately it just isn't possible. Although if it were then there wouldn't be much of a need for moderators and I'd probably be even more bored than I usually am, although deleting spam isn't exactly entertaining.

Showing 46-60 of 69