ForumsSupport ForumEvidence

69 19392
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Temp. addition to the wall'o'stick.

If you are going to complain about/report someone, make sure you have evidence of the mischief.
If someone spam your comments, DO NOT delete it. Report it, wait until a mod replies, then delete it.
If you need to make a mod aware of a thread, POST THE LINK ALONG with the complaint/comment.
And, most importantly... If you want something to be locked, or deleted... REPORT IT!!

Why?
In the first case: No evidence, nothing happened.
Second case: It is sometimes hard work to track down "That thread about kittens" when we don't know where it is, or even what it is called.
Third case: Because otherwise you spam with your "this should be locked", "this is stupid", "this is a repeat"... The last case at least if that is the only comment.

Just so you know.

• 69 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

[quote]what does flagging the comment do?

Send comment to administration to check if it's breaking the rules. For more direct results just contact a mod.[/quote]

Yeah Justin and I go through the flagged comments at least once a day, and either reset the flag count if the message is okay, or we take action on the message and/or user who posted it.
Forestfur
Forestfur
2 posts
Peasant

How would you report someone using swear words in an in-game chat?

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
774 posts
Nomad

Why is this not a sticky anymore?

Forestfur
Forestfur
2 posts
Peasant

I have absolutely no clue. It should be though.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

How would you report someone using swear words in an in-game chat?

Take a screenshot or create a video of it. Then send an E-mail to cormyn with the evidence. His E-mail is listed on his AG profile.
johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

I always give a hyperlink to where the spam was when I report spam. BTW, I previously thought that moderators and administrators alike get to see which posts are flagged. Now I know the facts.

Rosemary16
Rosemary16
151 posts
Peasant

Screenshots are useful when reporting things as well as videos because it is evidence and is neccesary to report somebody.

Showing 61-67 of 69