ForumsGamesModern Warfare 2 camping problem

33 8100
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

I love this game and play it all the time but sometimes the campers really get to me. I am fine with someone with a sniper rife camping in one spot the whole round picking people off in the open. The people that piss me off are the ones that sit in some random corner with a LMG or noobtube and shoot people that run by. One, how can people do this for the whole round, don't they get board? Two, poeple do this in domination and HQ when the goal is to capture a location. Three, why would someone pay $60 for a game to sit in a corner? Four, how could someone beat the campaign if all they do is camp? Please tell if you are tired of these campers.

• 33 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

i once beat a camper when i was on the ground and he was on a window ....WHAT!? ...fine a noob camper it was so dumb he was just shooting through this window (missing half the shots) and i thought what the heck and i tried shooting him with this machine gun and i just killed him

the bets way to kill camper really needs a really good gun with strong bullets if you good enough you can sneak in from behind and 1 hit k.o. him then you just take his weapons and camp where he was easy but good campers are harder they sort of move and like getting good second arms i haven't beat a good one yet still trying ...

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Just deal with it. If you're playing domination, the goal is to DEFEND the objective, so some people do that by standing still. The only people who complain about this game tend to be the people who get killed all the time.

hobgoblin3
hobgoblin3
455 posts
Nomad

A good way to get read of campers is not rushing, always look your surroundings and the killcam always helps to know where they are, also, a noob camper never moves of his position

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

lol you are exactly like this guy here
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/modern-warfare-2-campers/335226
^^
WATCH THIS NOW

and anyways stfu dude you are an idiot. if you anything you could probably tell those guys were getting nukes (hint hint why there camping)

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

my bad heres a clikable link

so fuking funny

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

so fuking funny

lol a perk that makes you spawn behind the camper that would be great
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Hate them they are annoying!! Your looking out for an enemy you go around a corner BANG a camper just shoot you.. Campers = Noobs desperate for kills

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Campers = Noobs desperate for kills

i know....but...

people who complain=people who get owned by noob campers
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I used to play COD4 all the time before I got the red ring. I also played MW2. The perks kind of ruin the game in my opinion.

Anyway, camping is a legit strategy. If you wait anywhere for more than 10 seconds, you're camping. If you aren't taking cover and waiting, at least every once in a while, then you suck and should be mad at nobody but yourself. The noobtube, however, is always the most annoying piece of shit weapon in the game. It's basically a long range shotgun. The best way to take these cheap fucks out is to camp and let them come to you.

Onto camping!

Most people who seem to be campers only hold a certain position until they die or when they know people are close behind them/looking for them. Very rarely do people camp in a single spot the entire game.

Ways to counter campers.

Golden Rule: Nothing is more important than knowing the map that you are playing on. Talk to your friends and watch where your teammates and enemies alike camp. Know how far you can sprint before you should take cover behind a wall and check the area. Learn were snipers like to hang out.

Although everybody knows better, many people still fall into a poor habit, especially newbs, and keep running straight to the same location they were previously killed in an attempt to take out the fucker who killed them. Don't take anything personal. It's not worth getting killed 5 times to take out one person in the name of revenge. Avoid areas where you or your teammates are getting killed!

If you know where someone is camping, or there about, you have a few options; you can chuck a grenade and hope you calculated their position correctly , you can ignore them and avoid that area, or you can find a back door and sneak around behind them. All of these sound painfully obvious, but when you're in the middle of a game, it's very easy to forget what you're other options are.

When you get to know a map well enough, you will actually want people to camp. That's right! If you know where all the hiding places are, then you obviously know the most likely places that people will be hiding. You will be able to flank these positions or approach them from behind, finger on the trigger and ready to take out anybody unfortunate enough to think for a second that they were safe!

Once in a while, you will have that person who camps the same part of the map and you just don't know where he is. Don't look for him. If you do, he will kill you, and he will stay put. Just avoid that area and look for his buddies. Campers camp when they are getting kills, this isn't cheap, it's smart. By avoiding the area, you will either render him useless (if he's camping and not getting kills, then it's almost like having one less person on the opposing team), or he will grow bored and go into the open.

How to counter noobtubers

1. Snipe
or
2. Camp

If a single person is using a noobtube, chances are he is rushing around like a dumbarse. Teach him a lesson. Beware, these people are dangerous close to medium distance. Buildings are the hardest to hide in, therefore, it's not recommended to hide in a small room unless you're confident he won't find you.

Camping is a legit strategy!

Camping is when you hide and wait for people to walk in front of you. Some people camp the whole game, others move, then camp for a while before moving again. When you are playing CoD, you CAN'T mark camping as noobish. The game revolves around hiding and taking cover! It's almost impossible not to camp. If you hate campers this much, play Halo 3.

It's also a good idea to camp when you have a negative K/D ratio. If it's positive, keep doing what you're doing. If it's negative, start camping. This way, you will only give the other team 100 points, rather than 600 or so. You will be doing your team a favor.

Hate them they are annoying!! Your looking out for an enemy you go around a corner BANG a camper just shoot you.. Campers = Noobs desperate for kills

I've been guilty of making these types of remarks in the past. However, the person who shot you probably wasn't camping that same spot the whole game. He wasn't the noob. You were for rushing so recklessly into a room.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

this isn't cheap, it's smart.

THANK YOU! I hate people who moan about it just because they got shot about it, hell I'm 12 and I'm not this childish.

If you camp at a choke-spot, you are changing the whole way the round will play out, but killing and enemy would (hopefully) be a positive effect on your team, which is why you kill in the first place (unless you're ranking up...).

Campers are easy to kill, if they're in a corner, turn to where they are, start shooting and moving at the same time to insure you will hit (and kill) them first, but don't make it look too obvious.

And Noob-Tubes aren't that bad, it's a tactical advantage, only when you do it on unnecessary occasions (which is often the case) you are testing peoples patience, but I know what you mean, Camping + Noob-Tubing often don't have as much skill, but hey, your thinking might be better.

And for the last note:
ACR = The damaging to an enemy makes their aim bounce up and down, thus counter against Noob-Tube.
Noob-Tube + Frag + Sem-tex + C4 = Anti-Camper, as long as u can get the explosive in, you should be ok, but I don't tend them with this, I either flank or use my reaction to outbest him.

And don't be a guy on the frontlines, you're much better sneaking around the enemy and hitting them from behind, not only does it annoy the idiots on the other team, making them play worse, but it can cut off choke-points the enemy had (Ridge at Afghan, or the house at Estate), which can open up the way for your allies.

And if everyone is inside the House on Estate or ridge on Afghan, don't curse their names or move the spawn points intentionally for the sake of annoying them, smart people would know that it's a tactical advantage with the overview, being higher up and the effective cover.

But, just because they have good sniper spots doesn't mean you haven't consider out-sniping them if you know you can, or flank, but you can always make you own choke-points of your own (thought I tend to cut open a weakness in the enemy, rather than stop one in mine).

Don't be afraid to use the Tube, and if people hate you for it, just say:
"I <3 you too."

If they can't think about the Tube, then they're the noob, and if you're higher rank you've no need explaining to them, *wink*.

- H
kerbyc
kerbyc
10 posts
Nomad

I seriously think his logic is flaw and untollerable. Camping is not an annoyance it is a SKILL. Easy kills as i call it. Instead of complaining about it try it for once. Unless your not good enough. $60 for that game is worth it, Sitting in a corner is fun and skill full. Unless you suck at it. Dont buy it if you suck.

~~~ kerby ~~~~

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

I love campers haha. I have my beutiful brown tube that has a quite slender object in the end...that object has ''I love campers'' written on the end... And when it spots a camper, the chances of that camper surviving are slim. This toy is the campers worst nightmare in my arsenal, aside from the Ak-47.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I seriously think his logic is flaw and untollerable. Camping is not an annoyance it is a SKILL. Easy kills as i call it. Instead of complaining about it try it for once. Unless your not good enough. $60 for that game is worth it, Sitting in a corner is fun and skill full. Unless you suck at it. Dont buy it if you suck.
~~~ kerby ~~~~

Wait till I pick u off on Estate or Afghan

I love campers haha. I have my beutiful brown tube that has a quite slender object in the end...that object has ''I love campers'' written on the end... And when it spots a camper, the chances of that camper surviving are slim. This toy is the campers worst nightmare in my arsenal, aside from the Ak-47.

Ohz yh, except I'm prestiged now, but still - tube = win.
Anyway, other than that, this might as well be closed since I and NoName68 (only ones I looked at) gave logical reasoning and tips (again, those are main ones I looked at).

- H
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Play domination. TD does quite often turn into a match of mass camping, but objective matches mean you can't just camp to win.

I play domination or ground war to lower my exposure to campers, but hey it is part of the game, so deal with it. You can have a small consolation in knowing how bored the camper must be. I tried it a few times and just didn't have the patience. Meh.

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,208 posts
Nomad

Camping is a perfectly legitimate tactic. Incorporating tactics like staying in cover and shooting anyone that gets nearby with a game based on a real warfare is fine by me, but sometimes it does get ridiculous.

Like you say, with some form of sniper, I can understand - after all, what is the point of a sniper when you cannot wait on high ground? However, the camping bastards whom decide camping with over powered weapons - like the Models or Glock 18s - that pick a random, dark corner really irritate me.

One, how can people do this for the whole round, don't they get board?

I often heedlessly scream about how they can sit there for an entire round just waiting with their sight hovering over one position, but when I am in a calmer mood - a fairer match - I sometimes reflect on my own actions to explain other's. When I sat waiting in some gloomy corner it was quite a mindless action. It's like sinking into this oblivious state, and then when someone runs in front of the crosshair, there is this sudden jolt and you become alert. Boredom cannot strike while you're not thinking about anything.

Two, poeple do this in domination and HQ when the goal is to capture a location.

Having people running around on the floor whilst there's support from higher ground is a perfectly common tactic, not only in CoD, but in other shooters and sometimes real life. It only gets on my nerves when people are not using a sniping weapon.

Three, why would someone pay $60 for a game to sit in a corner?

Don't presume that sitting in a corner is all they do, they may just need some kills after a bad game they played previously - it's still bloody annoying to be killed by a camper though.

Four, how could someone beat the campaign if all they do is camp?

Either they did not complete campaign, or they did not camp in campaign.

When I meet a camper (with a fair enough tactic and weapon) a try and find a way to flank them after dying twice against them, if that fails, then I'll just go back to step one - I'll just shoot from a different position. It's so hard to get your team on CoD to co-operate with you that unless they feel the same way as you d, you're going to take on the camper alone.

Like aforementioned, they are annoying when they don't use a sniper rifle.
Showing 1-15 of 33