ForumsGamesModern Warfare 2 camping problem

33 8104
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

I love this game and play it all the time but sometimes the campers really get to me. I am fine with someone with a sniper rife camping in one spot the whole round picking people off in the open. The people that piss me off are the ones that sit in some random corner with a LMG or noobtube and shoot people that run by. One, how can people do this for the whole round, don't they get board? Two, poeple do this in domination and HQ when the goal is to capture a location. Three, why would someone pay $60 for a game to sit in a corner? Four, how could someone beat the campaign if all they do is camp? Please tell if you are tired of these campers.

• 33 Replies
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

In todays world everyone calls everyone campers. The reason is because they themselves are sucking badly and need to blame it on a possible legit reason. Not to mention if someone is camping constantly, and you keep dying, stop running by him and getting killed. You literally complaining about yourself running into a spot knowing full well your gonna die. If i see a camper, out comes an acog scope and my M4A1. Ill sit there waiting for him to show his face, and when he does i show him whos the boss.. After that ill take his spot and wait for 30 secs to see if he comes back and then boss him again. It happens almost all the time. This of course is for the people campin near a wall, or a window.
As for the guys in a small room, well im gonna be honest with yea. If your such a retard that you dont throw a grenade or flash bang in their first, you deserve to get killed by them. Its such an easy game to get around campers... But it does have its downside having to hear people complain 24/7 about it.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

PS

and yes i am The Boss...

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

The reason is because they themselves are sucking badly and need to blame it on a possible legit reason.

So, if someone calls someone a camper, the person is a bad player? So if someone is camping and you say that you suddenly become a bad player?

You literally complaining about yourself running into a spot knowing full well your gonna die.

Maybe they want to kill the person?

If i see a camper, out comes an acog scope and my M4A1. Ill sit there waiting for him to show his face, and when he does i show him whos the boss.. After that ill take his spot and wait for 30 secs to see if he comes back and then boss him again.

That makes the person no better than the camper. If these people truly see camping as an annoyance, they would not do that, so running by them and trying to shoot them is their next approach.
theundying99
theundying99
46 posts
Nomad

Personally, in my opioin, the best stratigy to take down campers is this combo Grenades 2 flash bangs,A frag, Perks[b] Cold blooded <Cant see you on radar, Ect ect. Ninja pro <They wont know your coming unless they have radar, and Either slight of hand pro or scavenger pro. Weapons. The ACR with either red dot sight or silencer, Secondary weapon[b] Akimbo 1887s. Thats what i got for anti-noob setup. If it works for you too post it on my page. G'bye

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

yeah but nothing says, Hey mother effer your F'ED than an rpg coming right at your face when your waiting for unsuspecting victims.

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Hey mother effer your F'ED than an rpg coming right at your face when your waiting for unsuspecting victims

But if your good, you can doge it, like me. Do a drop shot or jump over it.
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Do a drop shot or jump over it.

i laughed so much man, if your camping you cant drop shot or jump over it haha. campers stand near corners and junk XD.
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

if your camping you cant drop shot or jump over it haha. campers stand near corners and junk XD.

Im talking about when your running and see an RPG coming at you retard.

I can kill any little camper I want, including you.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Kill em all. I sneak up on them with Scrambler perk and PEW! They dead.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Kill em all. I sneak up on them with Scrambler perk and PEW! They dead.

Sorry, but that is the worst thing I've ever heard. Scrambler gives away your position so eaisly. I can't begin to count how many times I would have been killed, but the person had scrambler, so I knew where he was before he knew where I was...

If you want to be stealthy, just put on Ninja Pro. You make no sound when you move, and your invisible to heartbeat sensors... Definatly the best 'sneaking' perk in my opinion.

Now, onto campers... I personally find them annoying as well. A few times I've benn 1-2 kills away from a high kill streak such as a chopper gunner or even a nuke when I get killed by a camper. I agree that they can be really annoying at times, but you can't blame Infinity ward for this. As long as there is an online game, there will be campers... End of story.

I do however, believe that camping can be ok in a few circumstances. One of those being if you are close to a killstreak. For example, if you are 1 kill away from harriers and you camp to get that last kill, thats ok. But if you just start of the match in a corner, I don't believe its ok... People like that ruin the game for others who actually go out and work for their kills.

But campers arn't that hard to aviod either. Simply just check your corners when you go into a building, and aviod likey camping spots. If you think someone is camping, throw a stun/flash in their direction. If it hits them, then throw your other stun/flash, and then finish them off with a grenade..

All in all, I think camping can be very annoying, but if you know how to counter it, you can use campers to your advantage for easy kills.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

In todays world everyone calls everyone campers. The reason is because they themselves are sucking badly and need to blame it on a possible legit reason. Not to mention if someone is camping constantly, and you keep dying, stop running by him and getting killed. You literally complaining about yourself running into a spot knowing full well your gonna die. If i see a camper, out comes an acog scope and my M4A1. Ill sit there waiting for him to show his face, and when he does i show him whos the boss.. After that ill take his spot and wait for 30 secs to see if he comes back and then boss him again. It happens almost all the time. This of course is for the people campin near a wall, or a window.
As for the guys in a small room, well im gonna be honest with yea. If your such a retard that you dont throw a grenade or flash bang in their first, you deserve to get killed by them. Its such an easy game to get around campers... But it does have its downside having to hear people complain 24/7 about it.

Too right mate.
- Gaz, CoD4 Quote.

Indeed, that's actually the funny thing too, it's also why people find it hard to kill me, I never go the same place twice unless the person I'm up against doesn't think I'd do it and I can take the chance, Private Match for that though

And I am against camping in a place that no1 is at, anyone, just to w8 until they come, it lacks skill sometimes, but if it does have people around, good or bad, you're probably okay to do it, even if they don't like it.

Infact, that's a good thing, because when you nerd-rage you play worse, my bro-in-law always complains, calling them hackers and when he shoots someone he says: "Yeah I'm pro...", he's a douche
He sucks anyway, but the point is they play worse, so when they try to get you, BAM! It's harder for them.

And by the way, if you get shot by one, counter it, don't allow your allies to fall into the same trap, kill them to open a neat little doorway into the enemies backsides, that could change the outcome of the round / game. It might not show up as Points / Experiance, but hey, it's even better.

- H
Feanor45
Feanor45
17 posts
Farmer

About camping ...
I didn't play a lot in Multiplayer mode, because the game is my brother's, but every time I played, I NEVER saw a camper in my killcam ...
Anyway, camping is dangerous too, for one, I think (not sure though)that in every game there is a time when the camps are reversed ?
And there are often some places to shoot a camper from; or if there aren't you just throw a flash grenade and kill him ...

And, I don't see why camping should be forbidden, MW2 is a War game, and I guess that it's more realistic this way.

hobgoblin3
hobgoblin3
455 posts
Nomad

Camping sometimes its not that bad but something really anoying are the ones who abuse of the noob tube.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I have to say that camping is not bad or anything it's just another strategy.. and there are always ways to counter strategies, think about it..

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Im talking about when your running and see an RPG coming at you retard.I can kill any little camper I want, including you.

haha the least thing i do is camp buddy, and whats up with the insults getting mad??? I said I use my RPG to kill CAMPERS, apparently the only retard here is you because you dont know how to read. By the way, campers camp they dont run...
Showing 16-30 of 33