ForumsForum GamesBattle Strategy Club

170 22872
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

It's time for battle! Do you have what it takes to make a good plan to survive a real life like simulated battle? The Battle Strategy Club will create many real like battle situations where you put yourself in the shoes of a soldier in that situation. Like the survival clubs on AG, in this club, members will have to make a plan for each part of the scenario that would keep them alive. At the beginning of each scenario you will be given,
-Time and location
-Equipment and other personal you have with you
-Info about the enemy
-Important info about elements that affect your decisions
-The goal to achieve victory
Before you start participating in the club you must enlist with the WarGeneral. As members complete scenarios they will move up in rank.
Let the battle begin!

Scenario #1 3/2/2010

Time- Day 4:30pm
Location- Iraq desert between mountain range
Conditions- Sunny, temp 80, wind 40mph north
Personal- 12 soldiers total, 1 medic, 1 engineer, 10 infantry
Equipment- 3 humvee's, 2 are damaged, every soldier has one water jug,flare,basic uniform, and 25 mile cb radio, infantry has M4 with 2 extra clips, medic has med pac, engineer has basic tools to disarm explosives.

Part one- The convoy of the 3 humvee's with the 12 soldiers left camp Bravo and are traveling a back road that cuts through the montains to get to camp Delta, which is 50 miles east of camp Bravo. At 4:30pm, 20 miles west of camp Bravo the convoy gets hit with a road side bomb destroying the first two humvee's. In the first Humvee, the driver and front pasenger get killed(infantry). The engineer and another infantry soldier get badly injured enough to not make them mobile. In the secound humvee, Two infantry soldiers get minor wounds, but are still mobile, the other two are fine. The medic and the other three infantry soldiers in the third humvee are fine.
The mountains block radio contact to either base until you are only 5 miles away from them. 10 miles to the south is a small village(pop 8000) were most residents are hostile towards you. The Intel claims there is a 10-20 man enemy unit on foot with ak47s the patrols the village every 2 hours. The residents in the village have radios that could reach the base and food. The road were the convoy was hit is patroled by a 10-20 man enemy unit with trucks and ak47s that go up and down the road at 30mph.

You are the squad leader(a infantry soldier). You need to recover the convoy from the bomb and then plan what to do befor night hits(7:30pm).

• 170 Replies
alphaomega66
alphaomega66
45 posts
Nomad

what are you talking about????????

i mean id go around the village while out of the enemies range and sight (by that i mean dont go within 10 miles of the enemy)
TapTankHero
TapTankHero
118 posts
Nomad

Scenario 3#
I get all the engineer to take out all the explosives from the soldiers flares. The engineer would then attach them all to grenades. Then he would place combat knifes on traps with cloth holding them on the walls (cloth from the uniforms) and implement all of the with the trench. After that using more cloth from the uniform they cover up the explosives. with cloth and dirt and attach the grenade trigger to very long thin piece of cloth camouflaged in mud. All the guns triggers would be taped down and thrown forwards setting off multiple mines and causing a small rain reaction killing 20 or so me with the guns, shells, explosions, sound and derbies. Thinking we have maneuvered away from the mines they fire blindly into the field setting off more mines killing 2 or so. We then throw the useless flare guns at the mines and shout after the explosion "Hey I think I figured out the mine pattern! Now we can easily attack them!" acting like we're whispering. After hearing that the enemy advance forward and we fall back hiding but carrying the very long rope. By now the fog has cleared and we are well out of the way (about 300-400 feet away.) By now the reinforcements have arrived and are also on their way. The second we hear a slight movement of the rope we pull it with all our might and cover our eye's and ears. Although some of our men's ears is bleeding no one is dead, deaf or blind. The enemy is however quite the opposite with no one left alive and all the mines going off killed 1 quarter of the reinforcements. Finally we call in a air strike and kill of almost all the men. With all the mines eliminated with the explosion we kill the last 20 or so men from the sides and behind.

TapTankHero
TapTankHero
118 posts
Nomad

What time period are all the scenarios in? WWI? WWII? Alternate Reality?

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

TapTankHero, Good plan I liked it. I am promoting you to Corporal. Also this is around WWII.

TapTankHero
TapTankHero
118 posts
Nomad

TapTankHero, Good plan I liked it. I am promoting you to Corporal. Also this is around WWII.

Thanks!
IAmAce
IAmAce
196 posts
Peasant

STEP 1. send 15 soldiers and 2 heavy gunners to the left side of the enemy trench and use all there granades and take out the anti air craft units (if a lucky shot gits one of the heavy gunners one of the soldiers picks the heavy gun up) then drop back STEP 2. call in an air strike on the middle right side of the field (just enough to get the heavy gunners) STEP 3. send in all remaining units use all granades STEP 4 through all flares in trinch STEP 5 rush the right side of the trench in the confusion attack using both guns and combat knives STEP 5 git a third of your soldiers in and on the left and right side of the trench (flank from both sides) this will get u a victory !!!

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

IAmAce, good plan I am promoting you to private first class.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

Time Of Day: 1:30pm
Condition: Sunny, temp 85, wind 0
Personal: 5 50 caliber, 5 medics, 2 engineers, 5 infantry (per humvee), 5 drivers
Equipment: 5 humvees (1 50 caliber ontop of each of them), 1 water jug, basic medic equipment, basic uniform for each soldier except medic has advanced medic kit, engineers have a few mines, and basic tools, the infantry have M4s with 3 extra clips, and a pistol with 2 extra clips and 3 grenades each, the heavy gunners have two revolvers with 15 bullets, and 8 grenades each
Surroundings: It looks like an Iraqi city from the movies

Your on a patrol through a very hostile region and suddenly intense fire comes from every direction, two rockets fire one narrowly missing the first humvee and the other annihilating the last humvee. The street your on is very narrow with a few side streets and alleys. Your five miles away from leaving the city from behind you, 10miles left of the city in front of you, 8miles to the east and 12 miles to leave the city to the west. The city is said to have ALOT of road blocks.

Just say what you would do as commander your goal is to just get out of the city or stay alive. This is my first scenario I made, so I might've missed a detail or two.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

I forgot you the commander has a radio.

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

KnockoutSloth, not bad for your first plan. I am promoting you to first class private.

IAmAce
IAmAce
196 posts
Peasant

gun it and take a few side streets to get out of the hostile area

get on the same road you were on ((when you get back on the road you take side streets to avoid the last humvee blocking the path)) (because you know the way on the road you were on and you know it is free of road blocks) but facing backwards so you only have 5 miles to go (shortest possible rout)

gun it back through the hostile area (they have no more RPGs or they would have shot them at you at the begining)

exit the city

(some times you cant win by fighting and my solution offers the least possible loss of life :])

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

well if the commander has a radio you could just radio for backup panzer.... lol

True but who says any would come for hours perhaps, because first they need to get a convoy set up, and then they would need to get past the many road blocks. Then maybe not enough men will come because you don't know the exact number of enemies.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Well, you know where the two rockets came from, correct? Have 4 or 5 of your infantry rush into the buildings that the rockets came from (assuming they came from a building), and kill the rocketeers with your infantry. The rocketeer will have nothing more than a rocket launcher, and that's useless for close-range shots; if he fires once inside the building, the whole building will collapse, which, if it's a high-ish building, the other buildings will get knocked over as well, killing the rest of the gunners on that side of the street. If he does shoot, it's not too bad to lose 4 or 5 infantry units.

Meanwhile, since the commander has a radio, the commander should call in an air strike. Tell your soldiers to evacuate all the buildings and hide under the humvees because the air strike will bomb the buildings. That should take care of every enemy. If it doesn't, have your air strike bomb any enemy vehicle you see so you can make a safe getaway.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

Meanwhile, since the commander has a radio, the commander should call in an air strike

An air strike is with a jet, and it would drop bombs which would definitely kill the enemy but you too. I think you wont to call in a gun ship?
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

An air strike is with a jet, and it would drop bombs which would definitely kill the enemy but you too

That depends on the trajectory of the bombs, as well as how far away they are dropped from the buildings. In which case, tell your units to head into the buildings on one side while the other side gets bombed. After the other buildings are knocked down, hide in the rubble and debris and watch the air strike bomb the buildings on the other side.

I think you wont to call in a gun ship?

Not as reliable, and certainly not as efficient.
Showing 106-120 of 170