ForumsForum GamesBattle Strategy Club

170 22869
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

It's time for battle! Do you have what it takes to make a good plan to survive a real life like simulated battle? The Battle Strategy Club will create many real like battle situations where you put yourself in the shoes of a soldier in that situation. Like the survival clubs on AG, in this club, members will have to make a plan for each part of the scenario that would keep them alive. At the beginning of each scenario you will be given,
-Time and location
-Equipment and other personal you have with you
-Info about the enemy
-Important info about elements that affect your decisions
-The goal to achieve victory
Before you start participating in the club you must enlist with the WarGeneral. As members complete scenarios they will move up in rank.
Let the battle begin!

Scenario #1 3/2/2010

Time- Day 4:30pm
Location- Iraq desert between mountain range
Conditions- Sunny, temp 80, wind 40mph north
Personal- 12 soldiers total, 1 medic, 1 engineer, 10 infantry
Equipment- 3 humvee's, 2 are damaged, every soldier has one water jug,flare,basic uniform, and 25 mile cb radio, infantry has M4 with 2 extra clips, medic has med pac, engineer has basic tools to disarm explosives.

Part one- The convoy of the 3 humvee's with the 12 soldiers left camp Bravo and are traveling a back road that cuts through the montains to get to camp Delta, which is 50 miles east of camp Bravo. At 4:30pm, 20 miles west of camp Bravo the convoy gets hit with a road side bomb destroying the first two humvee's. In the first Humvee, the driver and front pasenger get killed(infantry). The engineer and another infantry soldier get badly injured enough to not make them mobile. In the secound humvee, Two infantry soldiers get minor wounds, but are still mobile, the other two are fine. The medic and the other three infantry soldiers in the third humvee are fine.
The mountains block radio contact to either base until you are only 5 miles away from them. 10 miles to the south is a small village(pop 8000) were most residents are hostile towards you. The Intel claims there is a 10-20 man enemy unit on foot with ak47s the patrols the village every 2 hours. The residents in the village have radios that could reach the base and food. The road were the convoy was hit is patroled by a 10-20 man enemy unit with trucks and ak47s that go up and down the road at 30mph.

You are the squad leader(a infantry soldier). You need to recover the convoy from the bomb and then plan what to do befor night hits(7:30pm).

• 170 Replies
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

That depends on the trajectory of the bombs, as well as how far away they are dropped from the buildings.

True, and also we have laser guided bombs now days.. :P So accuracy is no problem, we could drop a bomb and maybe miss by a foot or so of the target.
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

Scenario #5 Base Break In

Time- 2:00am
Location- Russia
Conditions- Dark, light snow fall, temp 30
Personal- 4 Soldiers total, sniper, engineer, 2 special forces soldiers
Equipment- Basic uniform, water, flash light, combat knife, sniper has 308 rifle with scope(no silencer) engineer has an advanced bomb kit, special forces soldier have a silenced M4

The four soldiers need to get a important document inside the russian base. The base is surrounded by snow mountains. The base is in the shape of a square. There is a 8ft chain like fence with razor wire on the primiter. There are four towers on each corner with 2 guards with spot lights and an alarm botton. Each tower guard can barley see the other towers. There are four large building in the middle of the base. There are two doors to each building. The primiter of the base is patroled by 6 dog patrol units.(one soldier and dog) Inside each building is 10 soldiers not on duty or sleeping. The data is in one of the building sitting on a desk. You need to make a plan on how to get the data and get out without getting killed.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

A little ways in front of the base, just out of site from the guard towers, I set up a claymore or mine on a rock or tree and put another 2 claymores or mines about 10ft in front of it.

Then I hide the engineer quite a bit away from the bombs then hide my sniper in what ever trees or around. Next I'll put the special ops soldiers on either flank of the bombs.

Afterwards I get the engineer to a remote crontrolled bomb on each tower as stealthily as possible then put him somewhere out of the way.

Afterthat make a special ops soldier shoot the claymore on the rock so it makes a huge audible explosion that'll get a few guards and dogs running towards the scene.

Then when they are about 10ft away I'll get the sniper to shoot a dog that's the furthest away from the bombs, simaltaenously with a special ops who'll shoot the bomb.

Afterthat everyone will just open fire immediately to kill the remainder of the men still alive. I think I'll lose one man as a casualty and another with a few wounds and the last unwounded (the sniper).

Next I'll get the special ops to switch uniforms with a dead soldier while the sniper is slicing the throats of the wounded enemy soldiers and dogs. (As special ops we propably know Russian)

Then I'll get the special ops to come back screaming into camp and talking about a ambush with roughly 15 enemy ops and grenades flying everywhere. I'll also mention the miracle that I survived at all. Where I'll then tell them I'm gonna guard the tent with the documents.

Next I'll get my engineer to blast the towers out of this world.

Meanwhile I'll quickly search for and get the documents amidst the confusion.

Then I'll tell the men still alive in camp to desert because they are going to charge any second. Without a second thought I run out of camp.

Then when I'm a bit away I'll regroup with the engineer and sniper at a predetermined spot and head for home.

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

good plan like always Panzertank.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

Yay

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

Have the sniper draw the attention of the dog patrols by sniper-fing some of them from a mountain, and moving mountains every now and then

Do you expect to move between a mountain in one minute or two? I think it'd take a couple hours to move between even two mountains.

and have the special forces guys take out the tower guards first since they're silenced

Do you expect to shoot the gun upwards at the base of the tower and make a 90 degree turn to shoot the guards?
If not if your shooting at them they'll shoot right back at you and probably more successfully since there in a tower.

then have the engineer plant bombs along one of the buildings to blow those soldiers out of their minds and go in and have the sniper provide cover from soldiers in other buildings until we find the data then have the engineer hotwire a vehicle (if there are any) and get us out of there.

According to your past plans I don't think that'll work.
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

KnockoutSloth, If you post a good plan later you will be promoted to corporal.

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

Not a bad plan, I am promoting you to corporal. Dont get much sleep do ya?

GregT3hGamble
GregT3hGamble
61 posts
Nomad

May I join?

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

yes you can join. you are now a private.

GregT3hGamble
GregT3hGamble
61 posts
Nomad

Hmm IDK if this is possible but here's my plan to this scenario

have the sniper take one of the silencers off of the special forces guys then pick off teh tower guards, then have the special forces guys make a little noise in order to get a couple guards to come near them then kill them and take their uniforms, continue having the sniper pick people off while not shooting our guys due to them having pulled up sleves as our signal not to shoot them, then have the spec force guys infiltrate buildings looking for the data while in spetsnaz uniforms, and repeat, then meet up where the sniper is and head home.

(REALLY retarded answer for this scenario, I won't be surprised if I got everybody killed.)

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

What's the rank after Corporal? I forgot I'm an idiot :P.
If you look at from profile page it says all the ranks for enlisted soldiers and officers.

GregT3hGamble, ok for a first plan. If guard towers heard noise they might hit the alarm. I am promoting you to private first class for your first plan.
rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

sry guys but i quit after killing all of you with uzis

IAmAce
IAmAce
196 posts
Peasant

hmmmm slightly more difficult but here goes :

have the engineer go with one of the speical ops guys and set bombs at 3 of the towers if any one sees you silencer gut will shoot them

set up all for of them a little ways off (in range of spiecal ops guns but far enough that it would be hard to see from the tower)

have the two silencer dudes fire at one gaurd and sniper guy fire at another also have engineer set off boms (this is all hapening at the same time )

the gaurds will run to the aid of the other towers and all the men in the rooms excipt for a couple

send all in except engineer

take out guys that might see you with scilencers and get the ones in the rooms that remained

get the intell and get out

=D

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

I think you'd be slaughtered entering the camp by the guards or a dog would see you. Sure you may get a few guards but with 2 special ops and a sniper you'd get slaughtered entering.

I don't think the guards in the 4th tower would come to the rescue. Why would they when the ground guards are?

Showing 121-135 of 170