ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Necro] Nothing on Book Writing?! :o

153 57482
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I noticed things on poetry and art. BUT NOT BOOKS?!?!?!?! What is society coming to?! Well then. If there are any short stories or anything you wanna put on here, POST IT. If there is an actual BOOK like a few hundred pages, go to inkpop.com and post it there. Here you can also pop a few book ideas around and share it with whoever actually decides to read and it and or comment. Alright! Ta-Ta For Now! - Mitsuki/ MoonFairy

• 153 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

not necessarily because after a certain point, they were exhausted

Well there's that, but more interesting were the philosophical conundrums: you can't will somebody to not exist, or you'll destroy yourself. I'm well aware that there are limitations but all too often the use of the magic just seemed all "too easy".

storm was begarath not pol and it was because he was trying to stop a war between the mimbrates and the asturians

Is that a different storm you were talking about- the one in which they were trying to knock down the bridges and the river flooded, eventually leading to a truce between the two after Mandorallen saved whatshisface... I think the one I was referring to was a few books down the line, but it's been over a decade since I read these.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Right now I'm doing paediatrics. Compared to psychiatry, it's a ridiculously happy specialty.

Last time I went for a regular checkup at the pediatrics office(like, 4 years ago), they measured my height with an adjustable giraffe . . . .
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

@ Kingryan, Nu-uh! I was reading books like that Wayyyyyy b4 twilight came out. and twilight is a fail.

@thisisnotanalt, LOL. Adjustable giraffe XDDDDD

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Well there's that, but more interesting were the philosophical conundrums: you can't will somebody to not exist, or you'll destroy yourself. I'm well aware that there are limitations but all too often the use of the magic just seemed all "too easy".

You also have to remember, that there were times that they couldn't do this because other will users would sense you right off the bat, which was one of the more annoying things about it, if you wanted to be sneaky no will.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

geezus all of you are talking about the books and now I really wanna read them. DANG.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

well go get them, I doubt they cost very much...

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

It isn't a matter of cost as it is the matter of time and transportation. It isn't easy to find a simple bus route here.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

that there were times that they couldn't do this because other will users would sense you right off the bat

Oh yes, now I remember the time when Garion was learning how to control the will and was helping Pol create a barrier to deflect the... can't remember their name trying to probe them (like pinging with sonar), and when they got pinged Pol bombed the hell out of the guy's mind and made him jump off a cliff.

Perhaps it's simply been too long since I read those books.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

maybe...I recently starting rereading them plus got my hands on a copy of the Rivan Codex which was simply amazing. They we're creating a barrier because the guy was torturing durnik is that what you're talking about?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

The Rivan Codex... I forget, but wasn't that the book written from Pol's perspective? The incident is mentioned in the Belgariad series as well, but in a 3rd person voice from Garion's perspective.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh yeah, I don't think this thread is for short stories, more discussion of full length novels.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Speaking of book writing . . . I am now on like my fifth novel project, lol. M other 4 are unfinished . . . too bad I can't combine them all in one >_>

Oh well, good practice at building a longer story arc, I suppose.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

The Rivan Codex... I forget, but wasn't that the book written from Pol's perspective?

No, its actually more like a treatise on Aloria and Angrak it goes into background history, highlight some of the battles, even has Authors notes from Eddings on how the story was developed it was quite amazing.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Sorry for the double post but.... 4 NOVELS? completely original or fanfiction?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

4 NOVELS?

What matters is how finished/unfinished they are. If you can't get past at least the first third without revising it, I'd say that doesn't really count!
Showing 121-135 of 153