ForumsArt, Music, and WritingRap Contest (Theme:Basketball pg. 8)

117 22637
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

OK guys so I was inspired by the Rice Rap thread to start this contest. I don't know if it's been done before but since it doesn't seem to be active, here's a new one. There is no prize yet, as I just randomly started it.

Theme: Rice.

BTW, the rhyme scheme can be whatever you want it to be, as long as it's in a way that someone can rap it. Good luck. Deadline=Next Sunday at 1:00 PM AG time.

PS: Me is judge =P.

• 117 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

It is obviously okay, considering it was a rap. Just see at least two of the other entries.

Oh I get it. Raps make everything OK. *Rolls eyes*. I know it's OK, I just thought it was a little ironic. I mean, how about the one right above that post, that just says shi* yea. Is that OK?
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

One more thing Cenere: Your easy-going attitude about this swearing is going to make people think that this is the thread you go to if you feel like cussing! Oh noes!*Is being sarcastic*(sort of)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Sorry, implied Poe's Law.
On a more serious note: The memo was actually made due to a user who did mostly nothing but swear in raps, even after having been warned to pipe down several times, as well as people actually bypassing the censor completely in several ways, having words written out without stars.
The memo is a notice that people should try to keep from swearing at all, both for politeness as well as it would make the writing less abrupt.
Even mods end up using censored words once in a while (usually because I forget which is tolerable, and which is not), and for most parts, it will keep at this.
However, there is a bit of a rule of thumb when it comes to acts of creative nature (this being stories, poems, art to some extent), where, as long as it is not overdone, it is okay to put in expletives, as long as they are fore-censored by the artist (though slips of thought like the one mentioned before is okay to an extent).
So, calling Strop out for a single word said in fun, and not directed at anyone, because he was the one to take notice in the problem should not be something to gloat about. Strop has had posts deleted because they were flagged as spam as well. He does stuff like that, because that is how he is. Just like Nemo will have strict opinions, and sometimes spam as well, or me talking out my butt after a certain hour of the day.
Of course, you could report him for that single incident.
Then you could look at the number of time something censored appears in your posts (whether it is made by you or not, you have the responsibility of rulebreaks, if you use it in your post), and report yourself.
To sum it up: Faeces happens, and calling someone out for something less than minor is just pitiful. Especially done so long after the post was written.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

So, calling Strop out for a single word said in fun, and not directed at anyone, because he was the one to take notice in the problem should not be something to gloat about

Eh hem...Talking about calling people out for having fun...*Looks up*
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As mentioned, Poe's Law.
It just seemed odd to me that you needed to gloat about it in two different threads (where one most likely will lead newbies to go OMGMODRULEBREAK!!!11!eleven), then call me out on my reply, especially when I have seen less censored swears from you.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

As mentioned, Poe's Law.
It just seemed odd to me that you needed to gloat about it in two different threads (where one most likely will lead newbies to go OMGMODRULEBREAK!!!11!eleven), then call me out on my reply, especially when I have seen less censored swears from you.

Definition of gloat:To feel or express great, often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction.

I had no self-satisfaction or malice in this. I just thought it was ironic. Call it what you will.(I hate getting in fights with mods, they never give up)
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Okay okay. Soccer...

SOCCER RAP (By 1337 ft No one)
Hey! Let's get our game on.
This is for all you athletes!

As I walk through the hall
I saw the soccer ball
Waiting to be kicked.
I was very appealed
When a naked man ran on the field
I'm like, "WHAT THE FRICK?"
And I saw his tiny d***

[Chorus]
Anything can happen in soccer.
(Anything can happen in soccer)
I see you kickin' your locker
When you lose your game,
And you lose your fame.
Anything can happen in soccer.
(Anything can happen in soccer)
I said YEAH.

Soccer isn't like baseball,
or basketball.
Soccer, is what we call football.
When I kick the ball.
And it doesn't go in the goal,
Everyone goes "lol!" (It's pronounced how it's spelled)

[Chorus x2]

Pwnage! (No not really.)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

We are taught not to, because most of the time the users are wrong.
I will apologize for my choice of words, then. However ironic it is, the wording of your posts does give off a feeling of that. "Explain this, Strop", for example.
I have a rather low tolerance for people who put up statements about mods breaking the rules, whether or not it is for fun. Having someone tell you that you shouldn't be strict on the rules, because you break the rules as well does that to mods.

On a further note: You wrote "Replacing a letter with an asterix" (or something similar). That wasn't what Strop did.

But I will let this rest, however the reply (or lack thereof) you come with. Just take into consideration that text is a hard medium for conveying emotion, and wording and placement does a lot to how something is represented.
(and I will delete that other post, because I know some noob will end up proving that they are a noob after seeing it)

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Uhhh... yeah.

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING! (HAIYAH!)
THOSE KICKS, FAST AS LIGHTING! (HOOHAH)
Hold up, soccer time!
my beats don't match and my lines don't rhyme
But that doesn't stop me from scoring a... goal
and thats after eating 20 hotdogs, when my tummy is full
me and my team, we cannot and will not ever be beat
unless you take off you shoes and we smell your feet
I deeply regret if you haven't heard,
my name is David Beckham, to the third

SOCCER PAIN, SOME STAY FRIED, AND OTHERS FEEL MY AWESOME
SOCCER PAIN, I FOUND OUT NOTHING RHYMES WITH AWESOME
SOCCER PAIN, I'M REALLY GETTING SICK OF SAYING
SOCCER PAIN, YOUR ONLY WAY TO WIN IS BY PRAYING

There will be one less lonely, oh yeah one, one less loney girl
because when they see the angle of my dangle they're in an alternate world.
The lines are getting too long, but I still am the best at soccer
no other team is like our rocker, disagree and i'll punch your ear
But there isn't much of a need for that, since I'm a god.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I FOUND OUT NOTHING RHYMES WITH AWESOME

Thepossum does. =P.

There will be one less lonely, oh yeah one, one less loney girl

Hmmm...seems familiar for some reason....*Rolls eyes.*

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING! (HAIYAH!)
THOSE KICKS, FAST AS LIGHTING! (HOOHAH)

Also seems familiar...
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Thepossum does. =P.

Sorry, I don't see how that rhymes.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Thepossum is awesome. See?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Thepossum is awesome. See?

I don't, sorry.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Alright. I get it. You're acting this way on purpose and in order to spam. Please stop. Thanks.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Alright. I get it. You're acting this way on purpose and in order to spam. Please stop. Thanks.

You caught me, I love to spam. I have such a large history doing it and going off topic. And then I spam by accusing others of spamming, then proceed to backseat mod and ask them to stop. Oh yeah, SPAN.
Showing 46-60 of 117