ForumsArt, Music, and WritingRap Contest (Theme:Basketball pg. 8)

117 22677
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

OK guys so I was inspired by the Rice Rap thread to start this contest. I don't know if it's been done before but since it doesn't seem to be active, here's a new one. There is no prize yet, as I just randomly started it.

Theme: Rice.

BTW, the rhyme scheme can be whatever you want it to be, as long as it's in a way that someone can rap it. Good luck. Deadline=Next Sunday at 1:00 PM AG time.

PS: Me is judge =P.

• 117 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

No. That is how it works. Organized Crime is a MUCH better theme than basketball. He won, he chooses. Stop being corrupt.

No. You're simply wrong. That's not how it works. My contest, my rules. If you guys don't like it, then leave. That's not my problem. I really don't care if you guys like that theme better. So yea...
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

I also believe you were the one that said my soccer theme was awesome?

Pics or it didn't happen.

So yea...

I was talking about my song you retard, not your choice of topic.

No. You're simply wrong. That's not how it works. My contest, my rules. If you guys don't like it, then leave. That's not my problem. I really don't care if you guys like that theme better. So yea...

How about this, everyone who thinks your theme sucks, writes about my theme instead and I'll rank those ones.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

How about this, everyone who thinks your theme sucks, writes about my theme instead and I'll rank those ones.

And how about I call a mod and they just get rid of all this? So yea. Shut up. If you don't like my thread then leave.

And I posted a quote from you about the soccer theme being good on the last page. Look before you post.
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

And how about I call a mod and they just get rid of all this? So yea. Shut up. If you don't like my thread then leave.

Right, I forgot, you've got all of the mods in your pocket.

And I posted a quote from you about the soccer theme being good on the last page. Look before you post.

I noticed, you didn't.

[quote]So yea...

I was talking about my song you retard, not your choice of topic.[/quote]
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

People, please quit throwing your little whiney baby fits cause you don't like the theme. If you arent good enough to make something that fits a givin theme then you dont truly have skills.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

This has all the makings of a hit rap song; hating on others, unnecessary yelling

I realize this is about your song, but it also applied to the theme at large. Anybody could put that in their rap when it's about soccer. SO YEA...

Right, I forgot, you've got all of the mods in your pocket.

I don't. But I know we can all assume that if you just tried to completely take over my thread, the mods would take my side in the matter.
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

I realize this is about your song, but it also applied to the theme at large.

No.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

No.

Now you're just being unreasonable. We all know that those things you said happen in soccer games, else you wouldn't have put them in your rap. Or am I mistaken and your rap refers to an alternate dimension in which that happens and that doesn't happen in soccer games in this dimension?
Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

Now you're just being unreasonable. We all know that those things you said happen in soccer games, else you wouldn't have put them in your rap. Or am I mistaken and your rap refers to an alternate dimension in which that happens and that doesn't happen in soccer games in this dimension?

Yes they do, however, that's not what I was talking about. Your logic is the equivalent of this:

"Wow, the sky looks really blue today."
"What do blueberries have to do with anything?"
"...What?"
"You said the sky was blue. Blueberries are also blue. Therefore you were obviously talking about blueberries."
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

So, PI, when is the deadline for the new theme?

Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

So, PI, when is the deadline for the new theme?

I think I'll give it about a week. If we get enough entries I'll judge them next Sunday.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Alright sounds good. I'll have mine done sometime during the week then.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I nom rice cookie.

Damned if I know anything about soccer. The only sports I actually care about are ping-pong, competitive TF2, and competitive Starcraft anyway.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

If I may give my opinion on the current theme(s?)...

I thought the unstated purpose of this contest was to write somewhat funny raps about thing that shouldn't be rapped about (like rice). Soccer and basketball both fit this theme better than organized crime, which is something people actually rap about.

BUT

I also think basketball is a poor choice for a theme, because it is so similar to last weeks. Also it's something that not many people will relate to, unlike rice. I kind of envisioned themes along the lines of random everyday object and events, like "chairs" or "walking."

But that's just my opinion, and of course I will respect the judge's theme.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Thank you. And I'll follow your advice. I just thought that basketball would be a very easy theme to do it on. From now on it will be much more random, I promise you. @PI and cholokid: We all know that this won't work. If either of you post anymore about your supposed new theme, I will just ask a mod to have it removed. So don't bother.

Showing 76-90 of 117