ForumsWEPRHow are you helping the enviroment?

68 11587
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

finally using that old rusted recycling bin?

or maybe not drinking out of plastic bottles?

Living in a cave?

Going on strike?

Are you extreme or not?

• 68 Replies
florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Well, we recently switched our homes hot water tank to electric, and not gas, which is good for the environment, I think.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Ehh, don't they just blow it back out? Lol.

If you have 10 trees in one room and 100 trees in another room. Which room is going to have less CO2 in the air? The room with 100 trees will because even though they spit it back out, there are more trees taking in CO2 which means less CO2 is in the air.
Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

finally using that old rusted recycling bin?

or maybe not drinking out of plastic bottles?

Yep, doing both!! I hate people that don't care for the environment...
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Let's see... I'm doing absolutely nothing. Yeah, I recycle paper and cans. But I haven't changed in any way since I was born.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

What i do to help the environment is recycle cardboard, bottles, and can and I THROW AWAY my garbage.

th3pr3tz3l
th3pr3tz3l
189 posts
Nomad

I compost, recycle, low-flow toilets, and my family grows vegetables in our garden, it used to be just for fun but then it became acenomical. I dont believe in man-made global warming but I still believe we need to help the environment.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i recycle, watch my water usage, walk or ride bikes when i can, and sold my gas guzzling lifted blazer and bought a little fuel efficient focus.

KiLLaH1234567
KiLLaH1234567
248 posts
Nomad

Me and myy family recycle. =D

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I found out while I was in school that my family is very close to being the family that uses the lowest amount of electricity. It is odd since I live in a two story house.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Whenever I fart, I collect it and make into energy

Stormchaser
Stormchaser
278 posts
Nomad

What I do to help the enviroment.
Well I always recycle, when I miss the garbage can in the park I always go back and pick it up. I always turn off my lights when I'm not using them. I encourge every one to do more stuff for the enviroment. Like instead of driving to a sport practice you walk or jog. Same to going to work. Unless you live far away from where you need to go.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

When the environment does it's part for me, i will do my part for it. Seriously, i don't give a crap about it.

Seriously, it needs to see a counselor or a doctor if it is having these self issues. It needs to sort itself out.

But before that, it needs to take a bath, because it stinks and i don't like to look at <.>

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

well lets see. For starters i fly jets 4 times a week that in each sortie give off the same amount of emmissions that a car would in a year. So i wouldnt say i was helping the environment so much as punching it in the face:0However i console myself with the fact that if i wasnt doing it someone else would be anyway. However i am not against green party policies and i am in favour of sustainable industry and even deprivatisation of some indusries to make them more green, such as national rail and other things.

When the environment does it's part for me, i will do my part for it.

These are the types of ignorant atttitudes and comments that serve no purpose. You ask what has the environment ever doent to you. Well for starters it provides you with a place to live and breathe. As well as many other things that im sure you could work out if you channelled your brain power in a more productive way.

To steal from John F Kennedys legendary speech.

It is not what your environment can do fo you.
But what you can do for your environment.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well lets see.I recycle,I haven't used hot water the whole summer(mainly because the oil to make it hot is way too expensive nowadays)then I don't go to much of anywhere,and for the future I don't plan on driving my rust bucket to school,but instead take the bus with all the annoying 9th graders instead.Also I DO eat meat since the cows they kill to get it,were producing methane gas before.So in a way all of you vegetarians out there are not helping the environment,by doing so.Anyways that's just about all the ways I help.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

I ride a bike to anywhere that is under twenty miles away or walk and I recycle but thats about it

Showing 46-60 of 68