ForumsGamesCrush the Castle 2 - Custom Castles

21405 3496013
Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

Post your playable Crush the Castle 2 maps. There are other threads for talking about CtC2. If it's not good for shooting at or interesting to look at don't put it here: NO castles that fall apart by themselves, NO random junk piles.

• 21,405 Replies
CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

@dracomaleficus - post it for them. I am good with that. We got at least five entries now and BTW, you are doing a great job!!!

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Sometimes, you have to coax people into posting because, it isn't the easiest thing at first until they get the hang of it. Especially if it is a link. That is how I got @SSTG involved! He played but didn't post! There is one more day. I am sure we can find another entry or two and put it in the program.

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

Pyramidal Massacre

There are two different shots in this level. You can go for the easier torching of the pyramid base, which will fire iron at three unlucky royals, and the pyramid itself will close in on the wizard. The second shot requires timing because I believe it is the farthest you can launch the lantern... you will shoot at the horizontal wooden beam, which in turn burns one royal directly and then lights TNT to launch two more royals toward the pyramid... in the second way the pyramid isn't burned.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Well here is an interesting fact. If you have a "0" for terrain and you place a foundation block below this, it will appear that the ground and the top of the foundation block are the same. Thus, we assume that at "0", the baseline is at 680! Nope! The ground level is actually at 679 and thus is higher than the foundation block by 1 pixel. To fix this, I changed the terrain to be "-1" which made the foundation blocks and the terrain at the same elevation.

This is one reason which causes instabilities when you put an element of say 120 height between a ground based foundation and another at 3 levels higher. It looks like it fits but doesn't.

If you put your foundation elements above the ground, this doesn't happen!

Another thing that rookies might not understand is that even though the editor says an element is a certain size, it isn't! The TNT (prx) are not 20x20 as noted in the editor but are smaller and the same goes with other non-stretchable parts.

And, the reason that many castles that are made of stacked horizontal components fail is that Joey Betz's program has them a fraction above each other basically so they won't stick together!

Happy building!

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

ELEMENTAL SURPRISE
This has nothing to do about the above statement. I just took all the elements and changed the width to the height for effect. The TNT at the top, will not explode!

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

ELEMENTAL SURPRISE FIX
What a doofus! I forgot the acid! doh!

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

In the spirit of making the CTC world a better place, I decided to begin taking this more seriously... that is, understanding how the game works rather than just trying to make something. Here is - Double Tap - an experiment in bombs and projectiles.

Next to the barrel of TNT are two solid pieces of iron stacked vertically. Atop the barrel is a large piece of wood crying to be lit aflame or struck with acid. The focus of this map was to find a way for the two iron projectiles to hit the same thing. Fortunately the explosion is just powerful enough to launch the iron block on top in a gentle arc over the map, later to strike the headstone of the dead king in an epic "Double tap". Enjoy. I will keep exploring new ways to do this!

Hey, which building objects, if any, can strike TNT and make them explode?

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

Hey, which building objects, if any, can strike TNT and make them explode?
None! Unless they are activated by either acid or flames
Limnxy
Limnxy
53 posts
Nomad

A minecraft zombie has been sighted!
Only use the fire weapon please. The big rock weapon was included by mistake.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

When you are in the editor, and placing equipment, for exact placement one pixel at a time, uncheck the toggle grid box, otherwise, everything moves 5 pixels at a time. This is a necessity when working with smaller than allowed elements.

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

JAGGED PEAKS MANOR
When you can place those small elements at 1 pixel at a time, it is much easier to build. As well, when you copy stuff, make sure the toggle grid box is unchecked because it automatically reverts to that position!

CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

well, right now it looks like all the entries are in - too bad we wont be seeing @Arm_candy 's usual late entries - or any of those other guys for that matter...
It doesn't matter. We got some new guys and need to recruit some more and really, some of their stuff is good!!!
CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant
CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

I liked the Bonfire map!

CicadaChess
CicadaChess
85 posts
Shepherd

Action Stunts 3.0

I've been toying with this idea for a while... placing some larger blocks in the upper corners of a building, both for support and some use! When the building burns down those blocks make their way to the bottom of the map, where they kill the jester and wizard. Oh, gravity.

Showing 16801-16815 of 21405