ForumsGamesColony v6.0 Patch Notes

236 54476
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi! I've been working on Colony v6.0 and we're doing some testing and technical things now. It should be out really soon. Anyway, here are the notes:

Anti-Hacking
New features are being added into 6.0 to make it harder for hackers. Using more server-side code so that it's not easy to breach, and also you will automatically be de-synced from a hacker if the game thinks that he is hacking.

Friends List
Added a friend list feature. You can add friends by user name, so you can see whenever they come online, chat with them directly whether you are in a game or in the lobby, and also you can block users.

Balance Changes
Influence Cap raised to 200.
Prides: Now cost 40 Influence, up from 35.
Gladiator: Price reduced. Weapon range and damage increased slightly.
Sakata Spider: Price slightly reduced. Range, speed and HP slightly increased.
Meditec: Now takes slightly few seconds to deploy.

New In-Game Commands

/add [username]
Adds that player to your friends list.

/remove [username]
Removes that player from your friends list.

/friendlist
Displays a list of all your added friends, and shows whether they are online, offline, or blocked.

/block [username]
Block that player from sending you private messages.

/unblock [username]
Unblock the player.

/w [username] [message]
Sends a private message to the user. He/she has to be on your friend list for that to work.

Note: The usernames in all friend list commands are case-sensitive.

That's all for now I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a kind of spectator mode. No promises though!

• 236 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Bah, I hope 6.0 fixes the problem in where I can't chat in the lobby.

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

At least the friend system works fine now. It's really interesting. You can add people online or offline. You can send private messages anywhere you want (in a chat room, in a game, etc.). You can even block the user anywhere you want. I've heard from a user that you can only add up to 30 friends. I don't know if this is true, however.

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

Man. This lag is killing me. Just now in the middle of my game 2 of my friends logged off and logged in again. This is what the system told me. Then After my game I came to see an empty lobby, and I couldn't talk in the lobby at all. I had to refresh afterwards. What happened?

h2n2
h2n2
65 posts
Shepherd

there is a bug involving influence in the new version . You can gain 200 influence instantly .I wont go into details because the game will be totally screwed by glitchers this time

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

There's also this bug where your resources still glitches to a negative resource (already mentioned) for either double clicking or holding a hotkey. Not only will it will say "usernamenull", but there's also a possibility that the same person will get banned for no reason (not mentioned).

snowman123
snowman123
1 posts
Nomad

when is the game ready to play

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Nope, I still can't chat in lobby.
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Kurohami
Kurohami
91 posts
Peasant

What's with the sign that says service currently unavailable?

Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Ok I will fix the delay between clicking a building/unit and having the bar move, so it will get rid of the negative money bug (and influence thing as well).

I have no idea what is going with being unable to chat in the lobby, can I get more information on that? screenshot, description, etc?

chriscroy7
chriscroy7
1 posts
Nomad

where the fuck do u play coloy v6.1 i only can play the v5.3 how u play the new one

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

If you don't see v6.1 on the right top of your page after you clicked play then refresh your page. People would say "clear your cache", but I don't know how to do that. I think "clear your cache" means to refresh, but I'm not sure about that.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

Are you also fixing the A28-Gladiator explosion pictures?

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

i hope you make campaign for 2 players

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I have no idea what is going with being unable to chat in the lobby, can I get more information on that? screenshot, description, etc?

It's hard to provide a screenshot.
It's just that, when I try to type something, it appears in the typing box, but when I hit "enter" the message disappears. It doesn't appear in the chat. However, I am able to chat within games...

And none of my stats ever save. I have the allowed flash data storage at unlimited.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Also, today, when I tried to login:

http://i30.tinypic.com/34raoft.jpg

(Some stuff was removed for privacy)

Showing 121-135 of 236