what is a pokemon that was a pain in the... whatever
that was hard to catch
Shiny is not counted

• 116 Replies
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

wait, it took me FPREVER to catch GROUDON in soul silver, he is immune to thunder wave, and if you get his hp down (i use false swipe) he will use REST, and fully heal, then rest again if you dont catch him before he wakes up... i use like 70 ultra balls on him

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Feebas for sure. Never even saw one for hours. So I just got one on the pokewalker.

coldplaya
coldplaya
355 posts
Nomad

I'd say lots of pokemon are hard to catch in one way or another although I have not played any of the new games including Soul and Heart.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Not much experience with stuff after RSE, but I guess...a shiny legendary (is that even possible?) like mewtwo or something?

My friend once threw a normal pokeball at a full health mewtwo...it rocked three times, then failed =(

Azevse
Azevse
26 posts
Shepherd

Feebas and Giratina!

lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

A non-legendary would probably be either Feebas or Relicanth (in RSE). For some reason it took me in excess of two hours to catch it.

The "legendaries" would be latias/latios (since they keep fleeing) and Rayquaza (since I did not wish to use my masterball to catch it). I was quite lucky with Zapdos (in Leaf Green) though.Caught it with just one ultraball, although it had full health.

vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

I had some hard time with a couple of pokemon, because they use teleport, fly away etc etc..

Latios/latias is also very very hard, i haven't catch them uptill now, but i hope that will change soon

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'm not really trying to catch 'em all, so I don't bother with the ridiculously hard ones... But I shall second the note on Skarmory in R/S. Effing low catchrate, effing steel bird D:

I'd figure Feebas to be the most annoying (rather than hardest).

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

I had no idea feebas was THAT ridiculously hard to find. I never saw one in Diamond, which is finally when I decided I wanted to complete as much of my pokedex as possible, so I just traded for one using the GTS. The most trouble I've had with catching any pokemon is Raikou in SoulSilver. He runs away every chance he gets. Even if you put him to sleep he still runs away. So I was using my Crobat that knows Mean Look to keep him in battle, but then he just uses Roar and escapes. It's absolutely ridiculous. Especially with the effort put into finding roaming legendaries like that. I ended up using a Masterball on Entei, and on Latias in Sapphire. As for all the Legendaries that stay in one place(love those), I go in with a bunch of dusk balls(has a higher catch rate than ultra ball if in a cave or at night) and save right before the battle. That way it really doesn't take a lot of work, just patience.

NerdInvasion
NerdInvasion
47 posts
Nomad

the red dragon,i forget his name

BoomGuy
BoomGuy
28 posts
Nomad

hardest pokemon to catch: Nuke

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

any legendary you have to catch in the wild

Sherubism
Sherubism
37 posts
Nomad

In The earlier games, the Legendary Dogs were the hardest, It was a struggle getting Them all in Silver.

Uproar
Uproar
333 posts
Nomad

Honestly it's hard to catch the 2 of 3 starter pokemon, technically.

pyromainiac85
pyromainiac85
14 posts
Nomad

lol try another trainers pokemon with master ball,i was bored and i tried to catch another trainer's pokemon with a masterball it wont work...IT LIED!!!!!

Showing 16-30 of 116