ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLiterature Fight!

402 63815
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yay for literature!

Teams: In this competition we will start with 2 teams of 8. Everyone will write about a subject. I will then judge each entry. When your team loses you vote off 2 people from your team.
Scoring: I judge on a scale from 1 to 10. After all scores are added up, the team with the lower score will lose. I will show all individual scores.
The Literature Games: Once 8 people are left in the competition, you fight 1v1v1v1, in a huge arena. I will give you a basic description of the arena, and then you write about killing all the competitors in the arena. You get to choose 1 weapon to start with. This is called the Literature Games (Yes like the hunger games.) One person will survive, then you fight the winner of the other Games.
The Finale: You fight 1v1 with special powers and again one weapon of choice. Both entries are mutated so that it takes very much to kill. You will have to write about that. You also have to write about training, which is 3 days long. Again you will fight in an arena, which will be given to you.

Note:[b] You will be given this information again when the round comes

[b]Note:
The whole thing is writing. No pictures, and by fighting to the death I mean writing about fighting to the death. By training I mean writing about training, etc.
I know pretty obvious, so don't ask about it.

Note: Each round can only be so long. I will wait for you to finish, but if you take too long you will automatically be eliminated. If you know you will take long, please notify me.

[i]Note: You will be given updates all throughout the competition by me, so please do not close your messenger.

Remember just 16 participants, 8 on each team.

• 402 Replies
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

I'll start working on mine soon enough, when I get back from my vacations this week.
I might have to go back by bus so I'll have plenty of wort time ahead of me ^^.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Are you using a laptop KR? Handwriting stuff is hard in cars.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Are you using a laptop KR? Handwriting stuff is hard in cars.

I used to do my homework on the bus ride everyday because it was 45 minutes one-way XD
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I used to do mine in the car becuase it was 15. Then I stopped because my homework took much longer.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Kongregate

The word hath spreadth in the midst of Armorgames! Noooooo XD
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

13, 15, two on 17..
We only have 4/(however many members there are, it was 12 or 16...)

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

i don't think we will even get a submission from half the people signed up. ):

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Slayguy's....Wajor's...Parsat's...XVERB's....Freakenstein's....and waiting from Kingryan's and Fallensky's.

That's not even half a team's worth....wtf guys? See, this is exactly why we need a deadline... (-_-)

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

how long has it been since the first round started?

we changed the word limit why not change the deadline?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Deadline will be august 31st...sound good?
(If jdogg agrees)

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

sounds good. I don't care i'm already done, lol.

I just hope everyone else sees this...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

The title can be changed by a mod to reflect the most recent page with the updates...

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

The title can be changed by a mod to reflect the most recent page with the updates...

good idea.

QUESTION

are the people who don't submit a story out? or are they still on the team if their team wins? It would really hurt a team's score if a person dosn't submit
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

August 31? Great. Fantastic, it shall be done.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

are the people who don't submit a story out? or are they still on the team if their team wins? It would really hurt a team's score if a person dosn't submit

Well, I suppose if they cause the team to lose because of their absence, they should naturally be the first to get the boot.
Showing 181-195 of 402