ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106944
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

and adjusted Trinity to support them.

They invented the Trinity. It's never stated in the Bible God exists in such state. There were a number of contradictory statements about God's nature so to explain this the trinity was developed. It's a bit along the same lines of how they came up with purgatory.
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

They invented the Trinity. It's never stated in the Bible God exists in such state. There were a number of contradictory statements about God's nature so to explain this the trinity was developed. It's a bit along the same lines of how they came up with purgatory.

Exactly.The church will be ending up praying totems i foresee.
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

as i said i am very religion and all but i dont mix religios with feelings. i am jewish and lol do you know how many restrictions i have in mariages? first of all. i cant mary any woman who isnt jewish. another thing i am also not allowed to marry any woman that was divorced. sounds stupid but it is just as stupid as not allowing a guy to marry another guy (girls too of course). i will not let people decide who i cant marry. i will not look for an undivorced jewish woman. all i need is love (XD) and thats it.

Im not exactly religious myself but I don't see myself marrying any non-Jewish girl, not because of religion but because I see it as duty for us Jewish people to preserve our culture and blood. Unless she converts, then it would be perfect

For gay marriages, I think its stupid Gays want to be part of the normal marriage system. I think they should make their own system that doesn't include stuff like the "husband" paying the "wife" after devorse and tax previlages. Those economic assistances are supposed to help couples grow children and be able to afford it. For gay people some US states don't even allow adopting children and most of them in other places don't do it anyway.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

They invented the Trinity. It's never stated in the Bible God exists in such state.

The reason there is no mention of the specific word Trinity is because of translation issues. The word Trinity was invented, the concept was not and IS throughout the bible:

"Phillippians 2.5-11 should be compared with John 1. Both these texts make clear that the divine Son of God existed before he took on flesh. Indeed, John 1 makes clear he existed before the creation of the universe, and even helped in the creation of the universe. Thus, John 1 makes clear that there are at least two persons in the Godhead. Since elsewhere in the New Testament (see, for example, John 14-17), the Holy Spirit is treated as a person distinct from the Father and the Son, not merely as a force or power of God, there is an implicit assumption that the Spirit is also a person within the Godhead. In Matthew 28, the fact that baptism is done in the name of Father, Son, and Spirit is important for baptism would only be done in God's name.

Finally, there is a functional subordination of the Son to the Father, and the Spirit to both the Son and the Father, that leads to statements like we find in John's gospel, where Jesus indicates that he must wait on the leading and guidance of God before acting. The Son acts for the Father and on the basis of the Father's guidance, and the spirit (called another advocate in John 14-17) acts for the Son. There is thus equality of nature and being between Father, Son and Spirit, but functional subordination in terms of how the Trinity works."

Also
According to the Catholics, they did.

Do you mean Catholics believe God created church organisation?
If so - No we don't.

We know the Roman Catholic church was created by Emperor Constantine 325 CE. Previous religious sects were based on the religion Jesus introduced. But the Catholic church was decreed under Constantine - paving the way for religious Organisation today. He did not create organised church because he believed God created it :S - Else it would of already been there.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

It teaches that it is the one true Church founded by Jesus Christ and that its bishops are the successors of Christ's apostles and the Pope of St. Peter.

Catholic doctrine maintains that the Church is infallible when it dogmatically teaches a doctrine of faith or morals.[6][7][note 1][8] Catholic worship is centred on the Eucharist in which the Church teaches bread and wine are supernaturally transubstantiated into the body and blood of Christ.

The Church holds the Blessed Virgin Mary in special regard. Catholic beliefs concerning Mary include her Immaculate Conception without the stain of original sin and her bodily Assumption into heaven at the end of her earthly life.[9][note 2]

OH really?

I think it's claiming that God created the organization.
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

The treatment or mentioning does not make anthing a God too.Holy sprit may be refered to Gabriel.Secondly,God does not makes anyone to suffer in His name as long as He has the power and He is not a sadist.Patching that and these flawed personalities opens the way to the church that they are Gods too. Why dont they reveal the Barnabas Bible have you asked yourself? Its the end of their kingdom.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Im not exactly religious myself but I don't see myself marrying any non-Jewish girl, not because of religion but because I see it as duty for us Jewish people to preserve our culture and blood. Unless she converts, then it would be perfect

How does her converting preserve your pure blood ideals? Often times such concepts only lead to inbreeding.
I could understand not wanting to marry someone with an apposing way of life as it could cause some serious conflict in the relationship. Though the reasons you give seem silly, culture changes with the time and genetics practically requires the other to be different.

For gay marriages, I think its stupid Gays want to be part of the normal marriage system.

How is it stupid for them to want to same rights as everyone else. If they have a different system that is marriage in every way but name then why not just call it marriage?

Phillippians 2.5-11 should be compared with John 1.

Still seems like it's being inserted in there as I stated seeing as Philippians 2:5-11 seems to be saying how Jesus is like God but not. John 1:1 would seem to be adding another aspect to this trinity with "the word of God" being God. So I guess your trying to say The word of God, is the son of God. So does this now split the son into two parts giving a forth pat to this trinity and while we are at it there is even a verse in Revelations speaking of the seven spirits of God. So now we have a single God split up into three parts with one of those three parts split into two and another split into sevenths. Not looking much like a trinity anymore.

So yes I still say it's just made up to explain certain aspects in the Bible.
akqpars
akqpars
190 posts
Nomad

How is it stupid for them to want to same rights as everyone else. If they have a different system that is marriage in every way but name then why not just call it marriage?

You cant call it marriage since its the law of God but you can call it partnership. Its like a suicide bomber claiming it doing it in God's name.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

what if you will fall in love with a christian woman? you cant control your emotions. will you give up on her because she isnt jewish?

You cant call it marriage since its the law of God but you can call it partnership. Its like a suicide bomber claiming it doing it in God's name.

mariage is different in every culture and religion. so if there is a religion that sais gay mariage is ok then its still called mariage. jewish, christian, muslim and idk a really unknown tribe somewhere mariages are different. yet they are still marriages. what is the exact meaning of marriage? if im not wrong its 2 people who live and share their life together and show it with a ceremony. not sure if that is correct though. i dont think that they have to marry in a different way.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

if im not wrong its 2 people who live and share their life together and show it with a ceremony. not sure if that is correct though.

From wiki
"Marriage is a social union or legal contract between people that creates kinship. It is an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually intimate and sexual, are acknowledged in a variety of ways, depending on the culture or subculture in which it is found. Such a union, often formalized via a wedding ceremony, may also be called matrimony."

So what you said seems to be inline with this definition.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

@ Kaisic, that's church foundation. Jesus created the way for church foundation obviously from God.

I'm talking about Church Organisation - Church Law. God didn't create that Priests should spend seven years in training before they are ordained. God didn't create that there should be a collection of money every service. God didn't create the time limit on services. God didn't create how mass was to be presented to a congregation. Church organisation from normal folk did.

Sorry if you thought i mean church itself had nothing to do with God/Jesus.

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Mage and Rabit:

The blood thing still works. If you heard about converting to Judaism you will know its an extremely hard process that not everyone can pass. In fact, I heard most people who try to do it fail. That means people that do pass are a fine genetic add to the Jewish blood, many articles are written about this. After thousands of years of this process it already gives fruit.
Culturally and racially I would never take part in destroying what my ancestors kept safe for so long. And today its in trouble, only about half the US Jews marry other Jews. If I love a Christain girl and things will work out (actually, that almost happened to me twice) then I'd try to get her to convert.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

and if she wouldnt? would you give up your love for your colture?

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

For gay marriages, let them have all the rights for marriage but call it gay-marriage, partnership, gayriage or whatever you want. The current marriage system is economically based on the concept of supporting couples and letting them have children. Giving those economic benefits to people who aren't going to raise any kids (most of the gay community) is unfair and wrong. Also, as I said, the devorse is problematic for gay communities because the current system makes the "man" pay the "woman" after devorce. Again, all so the woman can have support for growing children.

and if she wouldnt? would you give up your love for your colture?

Id find other loves. Many people in the holocaust and many other times died in order to save our heritage. The least I could do is find someone else. Also, I wouldn't require her to be religious, but I would want her to pass the conversion process (yes, people do that).
Love isn't everything and Rest assure there are plenty of fish in the sea. No need to give you're right arm for you're first love.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I honestly don't see what's so important about 'reserving' the Jewish culture, at least not through a bloodline or set of people anyway, your history isn't worth giving your future over. Leave behind some documentation on the history and culture associated with the Jewish race and things should be fine.

Showing 451-465 of 561