ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106951
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Cen, I agree, as always! Building theories that involve sexuality seem to be as easy as catching a greased pig at midnight.

I do recall another article from about a year ago. It seems they are actually developing a way for homosexual couples to conceive children of their own. In short, it said there is a way to extract DNA from bone marrow and create sperms and eggs from either a male or a female. Then you have it fertilized and set into a surrogate mother.

Though, it sounds complicated and potentially hazardous, it is something nonetheless.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

that might be working on someone elses terms, i mean evolution and religion aside, isn't there that bad association with playing god and whatnot, not just the christian god either (to avoid countless replies on how im a religious freak, cuz im totally not). you know aht i mean tho, why reinvent the wheel is all im saying. seems like natural reproduction works pretty good to me, seems like trying to invent a way to create life is getting on the unethical side of the spectrum.

DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

I really hate people who aren't gay and say "no gay marriages allowed". Should the "Pursuit of happiness" that was put into the constitution not be followed as a law? Heck! If we don't follow that one, which ones should we follow? Some people would argue with me the fact that if someone's pursuit of happiness affects others, then it shouldn't be allowed. I agree, but since being gay does not affect you if you are not gay, that argument is useless. It really is pathetic how people get so upset about other people not believing in what they believe, they downcast them. Not out of logic or reason, but fear and stupidity. I would love someone to argue with me, to see their point of view on this.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Then you have it fertilized and set into a surrogate mother.

Quite an interesting development! I don't know how to phrase this correctly though...The whole thing about birth mothers. Is this something generally accepted? Is there documentation and/or paperwork involved, or does it just need consent of the patron?
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Unbelievably, I somewhat agree with you.

I did bring it up to spark a little more debate in the topic.

I read recently they were discovering some health problems with the original 'test tube babies.' I'm afraid we wouldn't see the implications until it too late.

Personally, if my partner and I were ever going to have children it would be done as close typical reproduction as possible.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Freak, surrogacy is more popular than you may think. I remember discussing it a lot in a Bio-Medical Ethics course I took a million years ago.

There are a lot of legal documents involved and there are still loop-holes and problems with surrogacy. Cases where the surrogate mother takes it to court to try to keep the child. People will pay Hundreds of thousands of dollars to a surrogate.

Just on the same thought, women can sell their eggs for a sizable pay check! Something like $2000 each time they do it. Which is obviously once a month.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

you, agree with me......(somewhat), im flattered

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

My argument is if marriage is between two people who love eachother homosexuals can't marry because being gay is not about love it's about lust.The average gay person has hundreds of relationships. They dont love eachother they just want to have sex with eachother.But of course marriage isn't about love itself it's a man and a woman who love eachother so homosexuals don't fit eather catagory'

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

um, some gays have multiple partners, not all of them.

RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

My argument is if marriage is between two people who love eachother homosexuals can't marry because being gay is not about love it's about lust.The average gay person has hundreds of relationships. They dont love eachother they just want to have sex with eachother.But of course marriage isn't about love itself it's a man and a woman who love eachother so homosexuals don't fit eather catagory'

lolwut?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

They dont love eachother they just want to have sex with each other

Excuse me!? How dare you!

But of course marriage isn't about love itself it's a man and a woman who love eachother so homosexuals don't fit eather catagory

[quote=A Random Dictionary]the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities[/quote]

As you can see, NO, it does not matter whether it is a man or a woman or with both of one gender to be called a marriage.

And yes, homosexuals are capable of loving. They are in fact human after all.
FutureUSMC2011
FutureUSMC2011
31 posts
Nomad

Personally, I really do not have a problem with it. I view it as a way of life and my only concerns are: As long as they don't try to do anything to me than I don't care.

If that's there way of life than so be it. You guys can't just curse their way of life because some of them have multiple partners and all, because so do heterosexual people as well.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Sorry about that smoke I made. I had to vent it out.

There are a lot of legal documents involved and there are still loop-holes and problems with surrogacy. Cases where the surrogate mother takes it to court to try to keep the child. People will pay Hundreds of thousands of dollars to a surrogate.

Just on the same thought, women can sell their eggs for a sizable pay check! Something like $2000 each time they do it. Which is obviously once a month.

Really? I would have never guessed! That is quite...amazing. I'm not sure what to say to this XD
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

1. I know a homosexual couple that don't actually have sexual intercourse - they kiss, hold hands and spend all of their time together as a couple. This acts as proof that they love each other and negates your stupendously generalized and bigoted viewpoint.
2. Where is your proof backing up this assertion about 'the average gay person' - Anyone can pull figures outta their ass - EG - 'On average 9 out of 10 people have slept with holt24's mom'. You see, that has no proof to back it up and is quite offensive - like your own example.
3. Since when did was marriage explicitly defined as the union of one man and one woman? Quite frankly, people have had several wives at the same time for most of the history of marriage and that's just one aspect of it - comparing marriage a few millenia ago and marriage today - they're completely different. What you accept as the norm for who/when/how/why people get married would be completely alien to people a handful of centuries ago and in another handful of centuries the norm will have changed again.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Can't he be both of those? America is pretty much trollolololol central.

Showing 181-195 of 561