ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106940
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

*at, not and. my apologies

TrollFacedAtheist
TrollFacedAtheist
48 posts
Nomad

depending on what country you live in (I'm assuming the U.S.) the country's basic concept is all men are created EQUAL, therefor they should be allowed. (BTW before some idiot makes an assumption, I'm straight.)

DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

nevetsthereaper,
I cannot even imagine why you would think that this was a good idea, but please tell us why you thought it was

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

my goal is not to ban it, but to make a distinction between hetero and homosexual marriage, thats all. they have every right to love, to commit to each other, and to be togethor without prosecution.im just trying to say there should be a different thing. still al legal matter, and all of that.
What exactly do you mean? As it is, its distinguished by being "gay marriage" instead of normal marriage, do you wish something else to distinguish it, or for it to be legally known as gay marriage(or something along the lines of that.

[quote]And have a totally different classification of being togther for gay people? Gee, that's a great idea! And why don't you do ahead and make blacks and whites drink and different waterfountains and go to different schools again.

You are able to see the difference between sexuality and race, yes?
Whether we like it or not, there are differences between two guys/two girls and a guy and girl, there is not much inherently different between a black and white guy(outside of stereotypes).
Segregation was illogical, but there are differences between homosexual and heterosexual marriage, like different bathrooms for males and females, they aren't much different but they are different.
I'm not saying there should be no gay marriage, I'm saying all those who believe that they are not the same do have some basis(in my opinion), just not enough to keep gay marriage banned.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Fix

my goal is not to ban it, but to make a distinction between hetero and homosexual marriage, thats all. they have every right to love, to commit to each other, and to be togethor without prosecution.im just trying to say there should be a different thing. still al legal matter, and all of that.

What exactly do you mean? As it is, its distinguished by being "gay marriage" instead of normal marriage, do you wish something else to distinguish it, or for it to be legally known as gay marriage(or something along the lines of that.

And have a totally different classification of being togther for gay people? Gee, that's a great idea! And why don't you do ahead and make blacks and whites drink and different waterfountains and go to different schools again.

You are able to see the difference between sexuality and race, yes?
Whether we like it or not, there are differences between two guys/two girls and a guy and girl, there is not much inherently different between a black and white guy(outside of stereotypes).
Segregation was illogical, but there are differences between homosexual and heterosexual marriage, like different bathrooms for males and females, they aren't much different but they are different.
I'm not saying there should be no gay marriage, I'm saying all those who believe that they are not the same do have some basis(in my opinion), just not enough to keep gay marriage banned.
DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

calling marriage different for two different people is ridicilous. And I never said that race and sexuality were the same. They are similar in the way they are different. All I was saying is it is segragation. Legally, in the paperwork, yes, it would be different I suppose. But socially?????? It would be a catastrophic nightmare

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

exactly rafterman, just a legal distincton in terms. im not sure what the exact position of the gay community is on 'church' weddings, is this a normal thing? it seems as though most religions, and gays arent exactly on the best of terms. but it has little merit where or how they get married, i just believe there should be a difference.

And DrHouse, i believe that the question you ask is a trick, because to you i will always appear as a bigot. therefore no matter how i spin it, to you, it will always be bigotry. feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

And DrHouse, i believe that the question you ask is a trick, because to you i will always appear as a bigot. therefore no matter how i spin it, to you, it will always be bigotry. feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Welcome to AG, may I take your order?
exactly rafterman, just a legal distincton in terms. im not sure what the exact position of the gay community is on 'church' weddings, is this a normal thing? it seems as though most religions, and gays arent exactly on the best of terms. but it has little merit where or how they get married, i just believe there should be a difference.

Have you been on the protestant scene lately? It's the worship of a pro choice homosexual God. Don;t know if that's better than the Catholic Homicidal Homophobic God, but just sayin'.
DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

lol. I had to urban dictionary that word.

I somewhat understand what you are saying now. And I do not think you are singleminded in this. I am simply pointing out what happened with the segragation of race and what might happen in the future. Heck, too much of sexual prejudice is happening today! As long as the difference is in the fine print. Thank you for explaining to me your point. I apoligize if I seemed a bit of an ass, now seeing your point of view

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

ah, no big deal, everyones entitled to their opinion.

now, nurvana, what website would i go to to read about this homoseexual god. that is a sign that maybe religion isn't all its cracked up to be.

off topic, anyone seen the new clash of the titans.RELEAASE THE KRAKEN, now thats a hella good take on gods....

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

nevets it was a hyperbole demonstrating how protestants often abandon faith for political correctivity these days (hurray for made up words)!!!

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

calling marriage different for two different people is ridicilous. And I never said that race and sexuality were the same. They are similar in the way they are different. All I was saying is it is segragation. Legally, in the paperwork, yes, it would be different I suppose. But socially?????? It would be a catastrophic nightmare

As far as state marriage goes, there should be minimal differences involved, minimal as like how a census records race sometimes.
But in practice, people will call marriage between two males/female a gay marriage.

Do what I do, try hard to not appear as a bigot , it works most of the time.

now, nurvana, what website would i go to to read about this homoseexual god. that is a sign that maybe religion isn't all its cracked up to be.

Go to google and search "homosexual god"(safe search on!).
DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

Thank you for your understanding

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

lol, nice, i gotta pay more attention.

DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

well, gay marriage and marriage is a difference. I thought nevetsthereaper was saying callling it a different term entirelly, like husak (sorry something random)

Showing 211-225 of 561