ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

565 58384
turret
turret
1,643 posts

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 565 Replies
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
643 posts

i think its clear were all kinda stuck to our own here. i definitely have been persuaded to beleive that this is not a choice. but arguing back and forth with the same information for the last like 10 pages is getting old to read. condemn me if you wish, but i move for thread lock(not the glue).

314d1
314d1
3,857 posts

That is because you are obviously losing...

How about you bring in some decent information to combat the decent information brought from our side? We have brought plenty, you are the only one chanting the same thing...

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
643 posts

lol, whatever bucko, i made my point. yet again, we are STUCK on our points, there can't ba a loser if there is no winner. i am interested in how i am losing. enlighten me.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
643 posts

wheres my proof that its wrong?? never said i had proof, it is ,after all, my opinion isn't it. do i not have the right to voice my opinion. besides that, wheres your 'roof' that it is right. need i remind you that just because it could be a biological anomoly, does not make it 'right'. theoretiically everything stated in this forum is an opinion, and as you pointed out with the constitution, my opinion cannot be 'wrong'.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,587 posts

wheres your 'roof' that it is right. need i remind you that just because it could be a biological anomoly, does not make it 'right'.

We could easily say nothing is right, nothing is wrong. So whats the problem? I can accept you dont like it but if you had your way, would you ban gay marrage nevets?
DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
305 posts

this is pathetic, really. other people's business is other people's business

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
643 posts

my goal is not to ban it, but to make a distinction between hetero and homosexual marriage, thats all. they have every right to love, to commit to each other, and to be togethor without prosecution.im just trying to say there should be a different thing. still al legal matter, and all of that.

DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
305 posts

so, marriage should only apply to people who are straight? And have a totally different classification of being togther for gay people? Gee, that's a great idea! And why don't you do ahead and make blacks and whites drink and different waterfountains and go to different schools again. frickin brilliant. no, it is hurtful and very unneccisary. It excludes, and will only lead to more problems

DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
305 posts

*at, not and. my apologies

DarthLama
DarthLama
85 posts

my goal is not to ban it, but to make a distinction between hetero and homosexual marriage, thats all.

And how exactly would that distinction manifest itself in everyday life?
TrollFacedAtheist
TrollFacedAtheist
48 posts

depending on what country you live in (I'm assuming the U.S.) the country's basic concept is all men are created EQUAL, therefor they should be allowed. (BTW before some idiot makes an assumption, I'm straight.)

DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
305 posts

nevetsthereaper,
I cannot even imagine why you would think that this was a good idea, but please tell us why you thought it was

rafterman
rafterman
617 posts

my goal is not to ban it, but to make a distinction between hetero and homosexual marriage, thats all. they have every right to love, to commit to each other, and to be togethor without prosecution.im just trying to say there should be a different thing. still al legal matter, and all of that.
What exactly do you mean? As it is, its distinguished by being "gay marriage" instead of normal marriage, do you wish something else to distinguish it, or for it to be legally known as gay marriage(or something along the lines of that.

[quote]And have a totally different classification of being togther for gay people? Gee, that's a great idea! And why don't you do ahead and make blacks and whites drink and different waterfountains and go to different schools again.

You are able to see the difference between sexuality and race, yes?
Whether we like it or not, there are differences between two guys/two girls and a guy and girl, there is not much inherently different between a black and white guy(outside of stereotypes).
Segregation was illogical, but there are differences between homosexual and heterosexual marriage, like different bathrooms for males and females, they aren't much different but they are different.
I'm not saying there should be no gay marriage, I'm saying all those who believe that they are not the same do have some basis(in my opinion), just not enough to keep gay marriage banned.
rafterman
rafterman
617 posts

Fix

What exactly do you mean? As it is, its distinguished by being "gay marriage" instead of normal marriage, do you wish something else to distinguish it, or for it to be legally known as gay marriage(or something along the lines of that.

And have a totally different classification of being togther for gay people? Gee, that's a great idea! And why don't you do ahead and make blacks and whites drink and different waterfountains and go to different schools again.

You are able to see the difference between sexuality and race, yes?
Whether we like it or not, there are differences between two guys/two girls and a guy and girl, there is not much inherently different between a black and white guy(outside of stereotypes).
Segregation was illogical, but there are differences between homosexual and heterosexual marriage, like different bathrooms for males and females, they aren't much different but they are different.
I'm not saying there should be no gay marriage, I'm saying all those who believe that they are not the same do have some basis(in my opinion), just not enough to keep gay marriage banned.
DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
305 posts

calling marriage different for two different people is ridicilous. And I never said that race and sexuality were the same. They are similar in the way they are different. All I was saying is it is segragation. Legally, in the paperwork, yes, it would be different I suppose. But socially?????? It would be a catastrophic nightmare

Showing 211-225 of 565