ForumsSupport ForumMerit thought

71 16133
Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Hello,

Introduction:
The suggestion can be found below, under the bolded word "Suggestion." (creative?)

I was fiddling around on my profile page taking a look at my merits. Getting merits is not at the top of my list, but I wanted to throw out a tiny suggestion for them. Although I do not post/comment/ and rate for the sole reason of merits, I thought that I might be able to provide a decent addition to them.

As a note, I'd like to say that this post isn't about making merits easier to get or anything of the nature. It is soley an addition I think could improve merits.

Suggestion:

Okay, so here goes nothing!

My suggestion is to add a system into the merits that allow you to see the post/comment you got the merit, and possibly even the date/time of when you got it. In all, I think adding this system could improve feedback on how users get merits, and help them to gain merits in the future.

And you know what happens then? Less complaints to moderators! Yay!

Anyways, that's my suggestion, thanks for taking the time to read, and feel free to discuss!

• 71 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Don't you get to set it in control panel. And when you get the merit they email you?

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Yes, but I'm not sure it tells you why.

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

-Sorry for double posting here-

On a second thought, I myself would find it a pain to go and login to my email and search through a cluttered inbox or spam folder to find information about a merit.

I suppose I was leaning towards something in the actual profile page, like maybe a link on the merit, or scroll over description.

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

On a third thought, it would be better if you could click on the merit and it could bring you straight to the comment that you recieved the emrit for.

And comments have times included right?

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I had to dig up my reviews manually... Was a pain.

Anyway, I advise you take precautions. Copy and paste your reviews into a document and make note of the time and game. If you get a merit for a game, you'll know which review got you a merit. Either you do that or do what I did.

What you are proposing is nice Strength, but I don't see much of a pressing need for it.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

Anyway, I advise you take precautions. Copy and paste your reviews into a document and make note of the time and game. If you get a merit for a game, you'll know which review got you a merit. Either you do that or do what I did.

that is a lot of work if you ask me, i think it would be a great idea. just to know what game the comment was on, when, and maybe what mod gave it to you could all be useful information.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

i think this would definitely work. a lot of people would want to see which comment of theirs got a merit. and other people would be able to see what it takes for something to get a merit.

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

What you are proposing is nice Strength, but I don't see much of a pressing need for it.

Surely it isn't urgent, but it would be nice.

But also, it seems like too much of a pain to file a document over a merit, it's basically just an icon. :P
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

[quote=Administration]You have have received a new merit on a comment you made!

Check out your new merit on this page:[/quote]

So yeah, they do show you which page the merit is on.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

It dosen't tell you why besides that your review was good enough for one.

Zanto_zsnes
Zanto_zsnes
1,148 posts
Nomad

My suggestion is to add a system into the merits that allow you to see the post/comment you got the merit, and possibly even the date/time of when you got it. In all, I think adding this system could improve feedback on how users get merits, and help them to gain merits in the future.

Excellent Suggestion Strength! This will improve the merit system, and will give less complaints to a moderator/administrator.

I had to dig up my reviews manually... Was a pain.

I had to do that as well, it wasn't so hard though, i had my E-mail account already opened so i typed in 'Merit Notification', and *poof*, it appears. But that merit was from when i was a kid, gosh, my grammar back then was horrible.
Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Administration wrote:
You have have received a new merit on a comment you made!
Check out your new merit on this page:

Yes they do, but using email to find out your merits would take alot longer, plus I think AG emails go to my spam/junk folders alot, even after I told my email not to do that.

Excellent Suggestion Strength! This will improve the merit system, and will give less complaints to a moderator/administrator

Thank you very much!
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

And after another page of spam posts your merit is pushed back another page.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

I think under the games, merited comments on that game should be shown on the first page.
Kinda like highest rated Youtube comments, but instead just merited comments.
So people can read them and get an idea what to actually write about for a chance at a merit, and to help the developer more than 'Good', thus making more people want to try and write a helpful comment?
I don't mean copy, but just the sections and parts of the game you need to cover. Would be helpful.

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

And after another page of spam posts your merit is pushed back another page.

That is quite my point. :P

I think under the games, merited comments on that game should be shown on the first page.
Kinda like highest rated Youtube comments, but instead just merited comments.
So people can read them and get an idea what to actually write about for a chance at a merit, and to help the developer more than 'Good', thus making more people want to try and write a helpful comment?
I don't mean copy, but just the sections and parts of the game you need to cover. Would be helpful.

I think if that was the case then people would just copy the format and style of the people who got the merits, and then you have the exact same comments on every game, so I don't know about that one. :\\
Showing 1-15 of 71