ForumsWEPRWhats the whole thing About swearing Where did it originate from?

41 10091
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I Don't Now Where It Started But Why Do We Say It So Often

• 41 Replies
17dman
17dman
786 posts
Peasant

I dont know bout you guys but I swear all the time and so do all the rest of the normal people at my school

ok say you fall out of a tree would you rather be like oh gees I just broke my leg

or be like damn my legs hurts like fuck

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

They are just words, but how do you make the majority of the planet know they are bad? It could have been the Church, because that was pretty widespread. They are only words . . . Nothing more offending or horrible than this paragraph.

Caucheka
Caucheka
440 posts
Nomad

the middle finger dates back to the 100 years war.
the french would cut the middle finger off of captured english bowmen, since they used their middle finger to pull the string.
the guys who still had their middle fingers would show them to the french, as if saying "hey you missed one"

today we just recognize it as an insult.

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

[quote=Caucheka]the middle finger dates back to the 100 years war.[/quote]

I do not think that is true: the gesture that happened in the hundred year war was holding up your index and middle finger, because they're the fingers the English bowmen would fire with. You could not get enough strength to pull back a thick string with loads of strain just with your middle finger.

I believe the rudeness of the middle finger comes from somewhere else.

ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

It really puzzles me because who came up with the idea of swear words. If some guy in the first place said this word is bad why did he do that?

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

f-u-c-k.

F...U...C...K
o...n...r...i
r...d...o...n
n...e...w...g
i...r...n
c....
a...o
t...f
i....
o...the
n.

Fornication Under the Crown of the King: ordered by i-forget-which-king in england. because people weren't Fornicating Under the Crown of the King enough.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Actually, the fornication thing is all BS.
Even wikipedia says so. Lol

HEADHUNTER58
HEADHUNTER58
370 posts
Nomad

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

I always thought, that really swear words were not really neccesarrily bad, but they are often taken offencively.

However, I always wondered why this happened. Why is F-U-C-K
such a offencive word? Why cant the word ball or Tenis be offencive? is it jsut because of how it sounds?

Thats my qeustion.... and I doubt anyone can answer, because obviously im stumped on it. It really is a stupid ordeal in my eyes... but the best solution to it is whether you take it offencively or not, because really, its just a vocalization made by us, and its a form of communication. It's rather how you intrepit it. Its like calling someone a jew. A jew defines either, a ethnicity, such as hebrew, And then ti also defines the believer of a religion, such as Judiasm. It also has racial, offencive meanings, such as anti semitic values, or Saying your a corrupt bastard.(using it as a refrence, if you are Jewish, dont take it to heart, no offence intended.) But the thing is.... why... and where did these things come from?

Well it was probably way back when when our langauges were forming, and who knows when. It's a good qeustion... it is just extremely hard to answer....

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Swearing has been around since the beginning of time. Ever since the Jews started complaining about wandering in the wilderness for 40 years, there has been swearing.

ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

Now that was racial, but I wont condemn it because it was good hearted humour

Showing 31-41 of 41