ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Feature] User-to-User Private Messages

110 25282
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I just confirmed with Larry that we're going to build a way for users to send private messages to one another, but the recipient will be able to flag the message as spam/abuse.

We don't know yet exactly what it will look like, but it's on the "to-do" list.

• 110 Replies
slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

hey HEY yay this will help a lot

1,855 posts
Nomad

Yay! Private messaging! At least this will help stop people from posting annoying conversations in public like "hey, u wanna know where i got surgery today!?" "Yeah!" etc.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I think it would be fun if we could share our own pencil/paint doodle art with our private messages. Would AG consider this as a feature on our profile pages or is this what you mean by allowing us to change our themes?

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

mods should get paid...

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

This would be good . I think they should go through a thing to check if they are you know ... Not abusive or inappropriate.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Private messaging finally. I can tick this off the to-do list.

mods should get paid...

Well, they did volunteer to moderate without pay of any sort.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well, they did volunteer to moderate without pay of any sort.

Isn't "Not volunteering" part of why we are mods? You know, we get asked by the other mods and then reply in affirmative instead of "I would be okay with being a mod if you need one "?
/random nitpicking that had nothing with anything to do.

Brr, private messaging... Now I can't hide behind the disabled comments D:
I have points against this, but that is just because I am old fashioned and weird and stuff. As long as it won't bother me...
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I don't even remember how I became a mod. I know it was Carlie that set it up. And at that time, she was the only moderator that was active. There might have been one more, but I can't remember.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Cen

Turning down an "invitation" would be rather impolite but in the end you did agree to toil without monetary pay when asked.

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

dont worry cen it will bother you it will

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I think it would be fun if we could share our own pencil/paint doodle art with our private messages.

Couldn't you just send your pictures over emails or a file-hosting site?

mods should get paid...

/sarcasm No, actually they should pay to be mods that would be fun.

Private messaging sound interesting but it's not like people talk to me anyway. But I guess other users will find it usefull.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

dont worry cen it will bother you it will

I know. I was trying to be optimistic.

Turning down an "invitation" would be rather impolite but in the end you did agree to toil without monetary pay when asked.

Strop's fault. To him, he pretty much trained me towards becoming a mod the last half year or so, and then kept poking me until I said yes.
Actually, since Strop isn't here, I will just blame it all on him

But yes. That will however not stop my flow of jokes on the matter.

/sarcasm No, actually they should pay to be mods that would be fun.

I just tried to imagine that.
Then I remembered how many users under the age of 18 would get their parents to pay.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Then you would have maybe 30-50 users and several thousand mods....priceless.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I've experienced that before it was extremely painful and I have no intentions of experiencing that again.

Mods should be chosen on their maturity, commitment and something else. Not on how much money they can throw at a website to get privileges.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Strop's fault. To him, he pretty much trained me towards becoming a mod the last half year or so, and then kept poking me until I said yes.
Actually, since Strop isn't here, I will just blame it all on him

Ha ha ha ha. I better tell him about this blaming business.
Showing 31-45 of 110