ForumsNews and FeedbackToo much like a socializing network?

35 8639
1,855 posts
Nomad

I love all these ideas, and updates and stuff, but isn't all this stuff a little too much like a socializing network? I mean, all these things for private messages, and chats, and like buttons, notifications, etc. I think they're all great, I'm just asking the admins to take into consideration that the site is named Armor GAMES, so working on the game system a little more than the chatting would be great. Thanks.

• 35 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

You can't exactly make the games better, can you?

But this is a community and such things are needed.

The only thing that really would have to do with games is a change of layout.

1,855 posts
Nomad

I mean like the commenting part of the game. And sharing options. And the layout, or maybe a faster loading program.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Loading is based upon your computer and internet speed, along with the size of the game. Not the site that said game is hosted on.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I'm just asking the admins to take into consideration that the site is named Armor GAMES, so working on the game system a little more than the chatting would be great. Thanks.

So? It can be ArmorGames it can be ArmorForum. Admins laready put in the high scores and all that. What more do you want?

You want achievements? Ask an admin for confirmation.
25wes25
25wes25
1,584 posts
Nomad

You want achievements? Ask an admin for confirmation.

Thats why he posted it. I think that it would be great to have lots of chatting it blends the community together and thus better games because word spreads faster and more inspiration.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

I think a chat bar that's attached to the games only would be the only really worthwhile addition, and even that's not all that important.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I think a chat bar that's attached to the games only would be the only really worthwhile addition, and even that's not all that important.

Do you mean the chat box on the right? Like Kong has on its games?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Somewhat except monitored more and without rooms

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Social interaction is a good thing. Look at Kongregate... I'm sure they're working on GAMES and I also understand where Daniel McNeely is wanting to take his site. Of course, if they weren't working on a better platform to deliver their games the entire update would be pointless.

As for the games being developed, the game developers are doing that. The web developers have a lot of time on their hands.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I think we've come to a conclusion. Daniel McNeely knows what he is doing and is doing it. The site can be improved in any way, 201 and everybody.

That could be understood.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Kongregate has had much success with its concept of integrating social aspects into flash gaming. I don't see any reason why AG shouldn't go down that path. It's good for business.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Well as mentioned, AG doesn't want to be a copycat.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Well, AG does plan on adopting a few features found on other sites. Utilizing your rival's strategies work well.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I've heard that copycat thing for a while and agreed with it but I've come to realize that sometimes you have to "tread a worn path" if you want to move forward because your not going to come up with ingenious new ideas for everything. They could just incorporate something and take a AG spin on it.

Isn't part of what sets AG from other sites is it's strong community which could be further improved with more social aspects? Thought it should not incorporate twitter or Facebook because that would make me die inside a little. Maybe like a said before AG tweets and Armorgames social.

I don't see any reason why AG shouldn't go down that path. It's good for business.

I haven't seen AG go down the same roads in business aspect it doesn't seem they want to alienate their community to increase profits. The update seems more beneficial to everyone in general.

Armor GAMES, so working on the game system a little more than the chatting would be great. Thanks.

Uhh... you do know that not everyone is a game maker they also have web designers.

Loading is based upon your computer and internet speed, along with the size of the game. Not the site that said game is hosted on.

If the site is heavy "non game content" then it will also slow down everything.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I haven't seen AG go down the same roads in business aspect it doesn't seem they want to alienate their community to increase profits. The update seems more beneficial to everyone in general.

I believe the current alienation is minor. Most see it as being beneficial. I already am seeing some ignorant comments.

As I noted before the web development team is separate from the game development team. AG's website is how it presents itself to the world. Neglecting it won't help a bit.
Showing 1-15 of 35