ForumsGameswarlords 2: Rise of the demons

209 81354
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I just beat warlords two
its pretty awesome
i played as the undead and i used the same strat as in the first one and i beat it without a problem

• 209 Replies
FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

i know the armor and range is considerable but i still believe the sheildmen r under powered.

Underpowered?UNDERPOWERED????They have lot of armor,fast to producte, and cant be damaged when not attacking, is that underpowered?
then work out new ways to challenge urself.

I know one way, try to win campaign without using siege machines, only use laddermen at siege levels,or dont use any siege unit at siege levels,because ``normal´´ units can damage castle.
Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

[Underpowered?UNDERPOWERED????They have lot of armor,fast to producte, and cant be damaged when not attacking, is that underpowered? ]

calm down good sir... i STATED all that wat i SAID is they r underpowered or weak attacks...

[I know one way, try to win campaign without using siege machines, only use laddermen at siege levels,or dont use any siege unit at siege levels,because ``normalôô units can damage castle.]

i do that all the time lol.

djstatika
djstatika
19 posts
Nomad

New version is up, where the halberdiers are slightly weakened, demons slightly improved and the enemy now attacks your castles on harcder difficulty levels.

Have a go and let me know what you think

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

New version is up, where the halberdiers are slightly weakened, demons slightly improved and the enemy now attacks your castles on harcder difficulty levels.
Have a go and let me know what you think

Yah I find that when I need to defend my castle...
Its so cool!I just talk w/ my friend that if would be cool if you need to some cases defend, and you need
Btw I dont think that halberdiers need to be weaked, archer/battle mages/axemen pwnes them pretty easily.I think that mounted units should, because they are fast, and u need about 3-4 halberdier to kill one, so they are prettu overpowered.And hammerman too...
djstatika
djstatika
19 posts
Nomad

Btw I dont think that halberdiers need to be weaked, archer/battle mages/axemen pwnes them pretty easily.I think that mounted units should, because they are fast, and u need about 3-4 halberdier to kill one, so they are prettu overpowered.And hammerman too...

The problem was peopel were saying you could easily win by just sending loads of halberdiers in a line. This doesnt work with mounted units or hammermen etc because they take longer to prepare and therfore you dont get loads across
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

[quote=Endscape]but... the arnolds r a let down in general... "the Elites" would be so much better, all the most elite units from the races.[/quote]
now i would like djstatika to do that

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

The problem was peopel were saying you could easily win by just sending loads of halberdiers in a line. This doesnt work with mounted units or hammermen etc because they take longer to prepare and therfore you dont get loads across

Now u only win by sending shieldmen same way, they are fast to produce, and cant be wounded when moving...
Why I feel that mounted units are overpowered its because ALL other units can be defieded, if enemy sends them in a empty line, if you just counter them w/ good unit, mounted units cant!Killing a one mounted unit requires at least 3 halberdiers, and u cant procude them fast enough to counter mounted unit.
Btw why on the name of h*ll arrows, and other raged projectiles (ecept magical ones) are bouncing with giant demon?They can still damage it, I have seen them kiling giant demons...
ranklangas
ranklangas
1 posts
Jester

surely uts graphycs,story and stuff are way better than the 1st one

djstatika
djstatika
19 posts
Nomad

Now u only win by sending shieldmen same way, they are fast to produce, and cant be wounded when moving...

Well maybe I will have to alter them also then. But that is not such a problem because they are only 1 race and you dont start with them

Why I feel that mounted units are overpowered its because ALL other units can be defieded, if enemy sends them in a empty line, if you just counter them w/ good unit, mounted units cant!Killing a one mounted unit requires at least 3 halberdiers, and u cant procude them fast enough to counter mounted unit.

Yes, but thats kind the point of them, if you have focussed too much on one lane and they catch you out with a mounted unit, then you need to revise your tactics, not blame the game. a bunch of spearmen can be send out as quickly as a mounted unit and can stop one

Btw why on the name of h*ll arrows, and other raged projectiles (ecept magical ones) are bouncing with giant demon?They can still damage it, I have seen them kiling giant demons...

Because giant demons have thick skin and will deflect 7 out of 10 arrows, but 3 out of 10 can still eventually kill one. I'm surprised you feel so strongly about it, I suspect maybe you are having difficulty with the later levels and are getting frustrated? Just keep at it
pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

Here's a great strategy that works for me 95% of the time on siege levels.
this strategy is exclusive for men of the west
The units you need are:
ladderman
shieldman
scout
(optional)

All you need to do is get 1 ladder man across to the castle, then start spamming shieldmen all over the map. This starts to overpopulate the map with your men. When the lane that the ladderman is set up is clear send across a scout(if you don't have a scout send a shieldman) When you get a chare us the ladderman's special and try to get a ladderman on each lane. If you were overpopulating the map with shieldmen than the map should be clear enough to get ladders on most lanes. Then keep sending the shieldmen and scouts(if you choose to buy them) to the ladders and you will win.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

oh wow it was taken off the popular games list

Matrix159
Matrix159
337 posts
Nomad

Yeah Corporation Inc replaced it. XD

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

pablo... that sounds over complicated, really long, and really boring ..... either bumrush in a line or charge with ladders quite frankly even buying the laddermen is optional lol.

maxxyboy1000
maxxyboy1000
11 posts
Nomad

Does anyone have some tips for defeating the Arnolds? Like, when your friend is playing as them? Caus He just keeps sending out shotgunners, and all my men keep dying...

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

I'm surprised you feel so strongly about it, I suspect maybe you are having difficulty with the later levels and are getting frustrated? Just keep at it

Rofl actually I have won game about 30 times with different difficulties, now I am playing very hard because its fun
Enemy dont have changes agains me XD
Why I ``feel so strongly about it´´ is because it would semm so weird if they bouce arrows but stil get damage by all of the arrows...But if they reflect most of the, that makes sense...
Btw Shieldmen can be damaged when they are moving, seige units can damage them (at leats skull lauchers).
Does anyone have some tips for defeating the Arnolds? Like, when your friend is playing as them? Caus He just keeps sending out shotgunners, and all my men keep dying...
Play with men of the west, shielman cant get damaged with the, or just use battle mages...
Showing 151-165 of 209