ForumsGameswarlords 2: Rise of the demons

209 81355
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I just beat warlords two
its pretty awesome
i played as the undead and i used the same strat as in the first one and i beat it without a problem

• 209 Replies
iFyre
iFyre
48 posts
Nomad

I've finished Warlords 1 and 2 both I used demons since their halberds are epic. In the second one I dominated the demons first then went on through most of the other races. My strategy is waiting for a siege then spawning a lot of halberds in a row. I have to say, The castle battles are extremely easy. Just hold of the enemies and then siege it with catapults and they're pawned.

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

The castle battles are extremely easy. Just hold of the enemies and then siege it with catapults and they're pawned

Hey!Thats my strategy :P
iFyre
iFyre
48 posts
Nomad

Hey!Thats my strategy :P

Eh, Then it's our strategy.
---

About the wizards, In the undead race the spell caster can use multiple spells. I would recommend only teaching it the spell "Death" since, well of course it kills the enemy.
VandheerLorde02
VandheerLorde02
6 posts
Nomad

It`s really an awsome game,I more like using Undead because from their soldier look so strong and scarry.I just finished the game using Undead,in the next game i will using human blue.

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

About the wizards, In the undead race the spell caster can use multiple spells. I would recommend only teaching it the spell "Death" since, well of course it kills the enemy.

I recommend also raise dead-spell, because it raises skeleton for resently dead enemies, so basicly it gains you more troops on the field
Btw I dont know about you, but I think catapults are pretty useless siege units because they fire so slowly.Luckily you only need to use them, if yu play w/ orchs of the north, because mountain trolls g. trolls, and human alliance`s hammerman pwn castles easily.And battering rams...I really dont want to talk about them.
zorsca
zorsca
2,436 posts
Nomad

hehe i use the same tactic D:

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Btw some bugs that I have been seeing:
When you select pause (or press p) magical projectiles (battle mages attacks and magic casters some attacks) still move and cause damage!I have seeing enemies dieing while paused...
And if unit get knocked on the ground, and you pause game, unit can get up whie game is still paused, but cannot move before game is unpaused...
Really weird bugs, but luckily they dont ruin the game.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

the game is only fun if you play it on hard or hardest

grumbaki
grumbaki
1 posts
Nomad

I made this account just to say that I love this game. It is pretty well balanced and alot of fun. I am slowly making my way through all of the races, and while some are more powerful than others, each are doable.

From what I've experienced:
* Giant Trolls/Demons should not be able to be mass produced (20 kills=wave). When playing both of them, that was kind of a "I-win" button. They are also amazing at sieges.
* Men of the West: Shieldmen being immune to all damage is sick. I beat the campaign by just spamming them. Perhaps they can just get a large damage reduction?
* I actually like the casters. Generally I just use them as "elite" counters, with either instant death or mind control. They're fun, but very situational.

And thank you for the individualized endings for each of the races. While it isn't much, it is fun to have that little extra as an incentive to beat the game with each race.

RisingChaos
RisingChaos
1 posts
Nomad

I just finally got around to playing with with the holiday break here myself. Excuse my long-winded comments. :P

I guess I'm the only one that actually really likes the Battering Ram units? They're the only siege units that can actually get hits on an enemy castle consistently... besides the incredibly broken Log and Skull Launchers shooting from at or behind spawn position. They're also effectively a superior mounted unit, as they bowl dudes over like a Mounted Spearman/Halberdier but have significantly better armor and damage rating.

Now, I never got to play with Halberdiers before the nerf but I can't imagine it was really necessary. Their weak point is most definitely their snail's pace and ridiculously low armor. They only really get "overpowered" once they start stacking up and even the AI (at least on higher difficulties) does a wonderful job of recruiting a couple Archers to slaughter them before they ever make it too far. Failing that, Battle Mages and numerous race-specific units have a smaller minimum range if you allowed them to get closer and there are still other melee units which outrange them.

Shieldmen are pretty much Halberdiers with range immunity and insane Armor rating (for fighting fellow melee units), making them pretty much broken. Not much else to say here, they're amazing in every regard. Funny enough, they're also immune to the attack of Assassins if their shield is raised... Why is that considered ranged damage? :P

Not much else to say unit-wise. Most of the race-specific units are as good as expected. Plenty others have already sung praises of the Hammermen but the Samurai are pretty rockin' too. They're the best 1-on-1 unit in the game and their combination of damage + range, especially on the oft-used lunging strike, even makes them efficient at combatting Giants.

As for the game itself...

The graphics are somewhat muddled in the back rows and it can be difficult to determine exactly which row an enemy is coming through.

Orcs of the North are poorly balanced relative to the other races. Their two unique units are two of the worst and they effectively have the worst siege unit too. (Obelisks are barely better, Trolls/Demons just use Giants anyway.) Their only redeeming factor is that Strength Training is a decent racial ability, though still not even the best one as Humans/H-Elves +10% Armor overshadows it.

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

FinnDragon:
Please don't mix up north and south. I am only too sure abt it. Battle axemen is north and upgraded axemen is south.

It was bug, for me game said a long time that samurais are for orchs of the north and battle axeman for south.But now its correct.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

i think that every level should get castles

ForbiddenOne
ForbiddenOne
145 posts
Nomad

NoobSlayer O.o
Hi! Just came to this Forum cause you were the last person to post :P

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

wowww forebidden lol hmmmmm..... new race idea "Kiss" yupppp an army of Gene simmons with tongue lashing action and a guitar solo that slays demons lol.

domecraft
domecraft
333 posts
Nomad

Good job completing the game!!! I'm trying to do the same

Showing 166-180 of 209