ForumsGameswarlords 2: Rise of the demons

209 81367
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I just beat warlords two
its pretty awesome
i played as the undead and i used the same strat as in the first one and i beat it without a problem

• 209 Replies
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

but siege levels are sutch a pain!I believe taht I need siege machine to complete them.

I always find trebuchets good on siege levels.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Ok i am playing as the humans, fully upgraded swordsman, and exterminating the undead... but one problem: their scythes are pwning my swordsmen even with the full upgrades, and they have the better weapon. i try to counter with archers and spearmen, but then they just send their own archers and axmen to counter D:. the timer is ticking down, and i am more or less losing even with the charges and getting more kills...

advice?

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

send a siege unit in the battle
also try to send scouts(if you have them) in the holes of their armys
or
make like 6 archers
and send scouts in the way or charging spearmen to get hit by the arrows

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

but how do i counter the scythes??? they are the main reason i am losing...

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

well scythes are the same thing as halbeirds
so fight fire with fire i guess
upgrade your halbeirds too
every time they make a scyth counter with two of your halbeirds

Kurohami
Kurohami
91 posts
Peasant

Scythes are just plain annoying. They chop up my spearman like my mom chopping carrot. Battle mage could help, I presume, I never tried though. Or else just pile up axeman, axeman advances while attacking so they could get more hit in than swordman before dying (the swordman just gets pushed away by the attack).

Kurohami
Kurohami
91 posts
Peasant

Oh wait, we are talking about normal scythes? I thought we are talking about scythe whirler. I use warrior monk to beat halbeirds in general. Warrior monk is almost made to counter halbeird.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

what race has warrior monk???

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

oh yes and there's a problem: it's only level 4, so i only have the spearman,sword, archer and halberd >.> and a trebuchet.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

warrior monk sucks
orcs of the north have them
i beat the game as the orcs as the north and the monks just messed me up
all they do is push the enemey back
rarely they actually kill the enemey

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

ok i somehow lost the siege by literally one man away from winning... and i decided to drop the undead for later until i am stronger...

good idea? a i just doing it wrong, or is there a specific strategy for killing them???

Kurohami
Kurohami
91 posts
Peasant

I agree with that actually. If you compare them to king's guard they suck hell. Warrior monk has poor health, poor damage, but you have to admit that they are good at killing halbeirds. Halbeirds rely on range and warrior monk has the maximum melee range so a warrior monk would just keep hitting the halbeird and the halbeird would never get a chance to fight back if there's only 1. Warrior monk does 20% bonus damage too. However, I do love warrior monks despite the fact that they are not really that good. That's mainly because their moves are quite fascinating to watch. It's quite obvious that the warrior monks are inspired by the Chinese Shao Ling warrior monks, and the Shao Ling monks are sometimes said to be the origin of Chinese martial arts. Warrior monks suchs in this game because it takes too long for them to strike (fancy moves take time, right?), and they do quite poor damage. One other reason that they suck is because they had to stand in a martial art stance when they get up from the ground and when they first enter the field. I had warrior monks killed before they get out of that stance. Now, for the uses of it, the vault attack is pretty useful, runs like superman and take out whatever range units standing on the other side is pretty cool. And however they sucked in real battle, they are one of the best 1 on 1 fighters in the game because of their massive range and knockdown. Taking longer to attack doesn't matter when your enemy is constantly getting up from the ground right? Of course if there's more than 1 enemy the units behind would just come forward and strike the monk down while he's preparing for the next strike.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

yeah sirnoobalot good idea
kurohami its cool, when you get Q and select warrior monks because they all do the battle stance at once and it just looks epic

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Played through as human alliance, fairly simple, only needed 5 units:

Spearman
Swordman
Halbardier
Ladderman
King's Guard

Spearman for most enemies (bowmen, halberdiers, etc.), spear charge is very useful against any ranged unit

Swordman mainly just to counter spearman, special ability not that useful since it's best against ranged units and spearmen can do the same job but quicker and cheaper (less time to recharge)

Halberdiers to counter swordsmen quickly (they recharge quickly and wreck swordsmen with huge range), also good against stuff like giant demons which are strong vs both Spearmen and Swordsmen

Ladderman obviously for taking down castles

King's Guard for just... everything.

Basic strategy for me in battle (non-castles) is just spam spearmen, they are effective against a lot of units, move quickly, and produce quickly, put them in every lane (makes the battle end quickly), if the enemy starts countering with say... swordsmen, I'll put out some halberdiers, if they use spearmen or mounted units I'll use halberdiers. King's guard is just good against everything, I'll put it in a tough "lane" with lots of enemies knowing that it'll mop up. Also I always use "Q" with King's Guards, since faceroll when in every lane.

Against castles I just spam king's guards so I can build up 20 kills for "Q", I only spam King's Guards since they can take out like infinite amounts of enemies in one lane (before they break the gate and run through), and I don't worry about enemies getting through my lines since I'm not penalized for it. So spam king's guards, put two or three of them in one lane and then send a ladderman after them. When the "Q" is ready, I use it with king's guard, then put laddermen in every lane as quickly as possible, usually the laddermen succeed in at least half the lanes with this strategy. After that, spam spearmen to get the bar filled, still put king's guards in tough lanes, if I ever get "Q" again, one more wave of King's Guards and it's game over.

Galleonfleet
Galleonfleet
125 posts
Peasant

Could someone please explain why my expensive archmage is bugged and NEVER casts a spell? -.-

Showing 16-30 of 209