ForumsGameswarlords 2: Rise of the demons

209 81368
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I just beat warlords two
its pretty awesome
i played as the undead and i used the same strat as in the first one and i beat it without a problem

• 209 Replies
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

idk
necromater for undead doesnt bug for all spells

djstatika
djstatika
19 posts
Nomad

Hi, I made the game and am really enjoying this thread. Its great that peopel are coming up with so many different strategies.

I'm not sure whats happens with the magic casters, but I will look at it this week and get them working. Its a shame that theres been a problwm with them because the spells can be pretty awesome.

As for beating halberds/sythes ranged units are definitely the best way, archers will kill them easily but they have to be at a distance, so I would just make sure you often get the archers out there just in case. They can be useful for taking out any unit really as they are very powerful. They are great for killing things like the kings guard.

another good way of taking out halberds/sythes is getting the spearmans special attack. When using it their first hit is very powerful and can often just kill a halberdier on the first hit.

Has anyone tried the wood elf rangers yet? they actually have guided arrows that never miss, they are very dangerous. In fact wood elves are very cool in this game as they have the double swordsmen and the log launchers (very long ranged)

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Siege levels are pain to me.I just cant win them, enemy has 3x more troops that I,so laddermans can go into castle and then time ups...

Kurohami
Kurohami
91 posts
Peasant

I tried the arnolds, and for some reason their siege unit doesn't do any damage to the enemy castle (at least that's the case for the tank). Apparently people thought this race is pretty awesome, I probably just don't get it yet, because in my hand they kinda sucks, having many med range unit is cool but having none far range sucks, the enemy frequently just stalk up a pile of archers and kill my minigunners while they crawl across the field at tortoise speed. Also, apprently the only melee unit it has is the halberd. One time I faced the men of the west and it was quite hilarious. Half way into the game they started spamming shield man non-stop and apparently shield man has some kind of special defence against ranged unit and my numerous gunners does nothing except push it backwards. My horde of minigunners shot at the shield man for something like 2 minutes and still didn't kill it. I eventually had to sent a halberd in to take down the shields. Siege lvls are quite painful because the arnold's siege unit don't do damage to the base as I said earlier. Anyone wants to share how arnolds should actually be played?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I tried the arnolds, and for some reason their siege unit doesn't do any damage to the enemy castle (at least that's the case for the tank). Apparently people thought this race is pretty awesome, I probably just don't get it yet, because in my hand they kinda sucks, having many med range unit is cool but having none far range sucks, the enemy frequently just stalk up a pile of archers and kill my minigunners while they crawl across the field at tortoise speed. Also, apprently the only melee unit it has is the halberd. One time I faced the men of the west and it was quite hilarious. Half way into the game they started spamming shield man non-stop and apparently shield man has some kind of special defence against ranged unit and my numerous gunners does nothing except push it backwards. My horde of minigunners shot at the shield man for something like 2 minutes and still didn't kill it. I eventually had to sent a halberd in to take down the shields. Siege lvls are quite painful because the arnold's siege unit don't do damage to the base as I said earlier. Anyone wants to share how arnolds should actually be played?

You use the Drone siege unit. For both cases. It is like the mini gunner, except it is much faster, and a few of them can take down a fortress in a few seconds.
myky
myky
43 posts
Nomad

i finished the game with 3 races, now i'm with arnolds but they aren't so cool and it's also a problem with spellcasters but in all the game is great

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

And I would have to say the best unit is shieldman- Not only are those things near-indestructible, but you can spam them to! Range units are rendered useless and a group of them can take down pretty much anything, other than another large group...

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Shieldmen are men of the west right? I was thinking about doing a run through with them just because their javelin thrower can kill a king's guard in two shots.

Caucheka
Caucheka
440 posts
Nomad

if you're having siege problems i feel bad for you son.
i got 99 problems but a siege ain't one.
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6417/lulzgianttrolls.jpg

Caucheka
Caucheka
440 posts
Nomad

sorry to double post but when not using giant trolls i usually spam halberds. darn elves had spearmen, axemen, and archers

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

lmao nice 99 probelms song
ur the next jay-z
i once had that problem with the giant trolls
i was the demons
i used my giant demons against their giant trolls
well now u know that giant demons pwn trolls

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

I liked the simplicity of the first one. This one looks as if the creator tried to make it detailed and ending up making the graphics ruined. I don't like the changes at all.

41/100

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I liked the game, but I think that there are several balance issues that need to get a fix up.

1. The ranged units received a very welcome nerf from the original, especially those freakin' axe and javelin throwers. However, now I think it's a little silly that they stop firing after a certain range and simply lumber over to their deaths.
2. Halberdiers are extremely powerful against footsoldiers, but uniquely weak against the units they were meant to counter. With cavalry easily knocking them down like ninepins, cavalry become very difficult to counter effectively. I like the charge bonus, but perhaps it could take a little longer to charge? On the other hand, spearmen are meant to be a semi-counter to halberdiers, but they invariably get swallowed up by superior damage, even with the bonus.
3. Axemen are incredibly powerful units as well, and they're not particularly counterable unless you send cavalry or a special unit. Unfortunately, they are much more cost-effective than those units. Spears are supposed to counter them, but their middling armor means that a single axeman will eat them up. Swordsmen fare a little better, but still not quite the counter they could have been.
4. Magic casters are totally worthless. They simply don't do anything useful. Unpredictable doesn't even begin to cut it. You spend a lengthy preparation time just to see them fall at the hands of a single spear. I think the only way it could have been improved if it became player controlled, but even then that would be difficult to do.
5. Siege was a pretty welcome game type, although I didn't like using the siege works because they simply weren't effective enough.

camelbrains3
camelbrains3
1 posts
Peasant

hey destroyre101 i have the same problem except i beat the game 1st with undead and then with the demons and finally with the humans. When i was the demons the undead had control of everything i didn't so thats a problem. That also ment that if the undead were in men of west territory they would have undead javelin throwers and if they were in demon territory they had giant demons. THe game is awesome but the Arnolds I have to say suck. They move like snails and get wasted by archers/battlemages. Whenever i swapn a minigunner to get rid of battlemages the archers kill it. Also the arnolds just basically have med range units except for the hailberders but they arnt very good.Great game but with glitches and difficulties.(even on easy my arnolds got owned by archer)

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

[quote] However, now I think it's a little silly that they stop firing after a certain range and simply lumber over to their deaths.

Well, if they could throw from any distance it'd make them overpowered. Pretty silly but still.

With cavalry easily knocking them down like ninepins, cavalry become very difficult to counter effectively.

I usually let a mounted soldier run over one of my halberdiers, to be greeted by three or four more a while later. Makes for good cavalry slaughter. I usually find halberdiering difficult against those pesky throwing axemen. My main problem when it comes to halberdiers is the range vulnerability.

Magic casters are totally worthless.

I have to agree with you on that one.

although I didn't like using the siege works because they simply weren't effective enough.

Yep.

Has anyone tried the wood elf rangers yet?
[/quote]

Nah, I haven't. I've been drawn to the Human Alliance and the Undead. Great game by the way, I love it.
Showing 31-45 of 209