ForumsGameswarlords 2: Rise of the demons

209 81369
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I just beat warlords two
its pretty awesome
i played as the undead and i used the same strat as in the first one and i beat it without a problem

• 209 Replies
G23
G23
33 posts
Nomad

Very EASY to beat I beat the Demons first while playing as the human race.Then just took out the rest of the races.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

G23 the only reason it was easy was because u didnt play on hardest

h2n2
h2n2
65 posts
Shepherd

javelin thrower are a piece of cake just use some swordman with their sp ability

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

or just grab 2 or 3 archers

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Well its not like I couldn't beat them its just that javelin throwers are really strong.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

the men of the west are pretty good
they have javelin throwers
and they have the battling ram
its pretty fast moving seige unit if you get the upgrade fo it
djstatika what do u think the best race is

Caucheka
Caucheka
440 posts
Nomad

i've found that 2 scythe whirlers take out a giant demon. idk about the giant trolls because i killed the trolls before they sent giant trolls at me.

also, as previously asked a few times, what is up with playing campaign as demons?

Caucheka
Caucheka
440 posts
Nomad

also i know have this bug. i beat the game as trolls yesterday and started a game as undead. everything was fine until i loaded up just now and all the sudden all the enemies are trolls.

Caucheka
Caucheka
440 posts
Nomad

also, i just noticed that it set me back 3 levels and gave the 3 undead zones to the trolls.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

LOL...just tried to see how an archer spam would work...it was fine against infantry, but then they got absolutely slaughtered by cavalry. One mounted spearman can easily slaughter 20 archers.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Yes, the cavalry slaughters archers well. Not unless a few guards are place in front.

I've never viewed Archers as a counter to Halberdiers, of course, I can easily see why, Halberds have little health and very low speed.

Lol, every time I sent out halberdiers they spammed archers to kill me. I just had to keep the archers away long enough for my halberdiers to move out of their range.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Quite sure. In fact I lost several king's guards to them like this. Was incrediably frusturating. Probably gonna use some hammermen now after all that I read about them.

I tend to do it in a 1:1 ratio, because the unique unit will certainly defeat the enemy, but due to the longer time it takes and they could pick different lanes, I compromise often. With Hammermen I could do it to up to a 1:5 ratio, though.

javelin thrower are a piece of cake just use some swordman with their sp ability

That is VERY useful.
Or if it's Men of the West vs Men of the West (Skirmish?), juse use a Shieldman.

also, as previously asked a few times, what is up with playing campaign as demons?

I don't know exactly what you mean, so I'll answer two possible questions:
Q: How come the "X race" owns all the land and I, as Demons are now in theres?
A: You probably completed the campaign with "X race", this is essentially the continuum.
Q: How do I play as Demons?
A: You are able to play as Demons by completing the campaign as any other race.

They're all very good, and balanced. I don't think dj made it for any of the races to be the best (with exception to Arnolds of course). Possibly the Demons, but given their units, they seem perfectly balanced.

Also, Giant Demon or Giant Troll Charge, awesome.

Also a mounted charge is a formidable thing. If in the dying seconds you are losing by 2 or 3, then a mounted charge will almost certainly win it for you as to block a mounted unit you need at least 2 standard units, maybe halberdiers or swordmens, but 2 spearmen wouldnt do it.

Definately formidible, a tunnel-visioned player in multiplayer (hypothetical, no offense I just find the difficulty too easy for AI ), he would not see you are preparing a charge with the mounted units. I may simply try them against giant units, see how they pose against them.

i've found that 2 scythe whirlers take out a giant demon.

That's quite tough.
idk about the giant trolls because i killed the trolls before they sent giant trolls at me.

Looking at the statistics, I think Giant Trolls have more armor, I can't remember though.
I remember sending a giant demon up against a giant troll, and my demon lost. :O
I'll try either single-target unique units (Scythe Whirlers, etc), or cavalry. Thank you :P

Quite sure. In fact I lost several king's guards to them like this. Was incrediably frusturating. Probably gonna use some hammermen now after all that I read about them.

I tend to do it in a 1:1 ratio, because the unique unit will certainly defeat the enemy, but due to the longer time it takes and they could pick different lanes, I compromise often. With Hammermen I could do it to up to a 1:5 ratio, though.

That is VERY useful.
Or if it's Men of the West vs Men of the West (Skirmish?), juse use a Shieldman.

A: You probably completed the campaign with "X race", this is essentially the continuum.

They're all very good, and balanced. I don't think dj made it for any of the races to be the best (with exception to Arnolds of course). Possibly the Demons, but given their units, they seem perfectly balanced.

Also a mounted charge is a formidable thing. If in the dying seconds you are losing by 2 or 3, then a mounted charge will almost certainly win it for you as to block a mounted unit you need at least 2 standard units, maybe halberdiers or swordmens, but 2 spearmen wouldnt do it.

Definately formidible, a tunnel-visioned player in multiplayer (hypothetical, no offense I just find the difficulty too easy for AI ), he would not see you are preparing a charge with the mounted units. I may simply try them against giant units, see how they pose against them.

That's quite tough.
idk about the giant trolls because i killed the trolls before they sent giant trolls at me.

Looking at the statistics, I think Giant Trolls have more armor, I can't remember though.
I remember sending a giant demon up against a giant troll, and my demon lost. :O
I'll try either single-target unique units (Scythe Whirlers, etc), or cavalry. Thank you :P

That is VERY useful.

That's quite tough.

LOL...just tried to see how an archer spam would work...it was fine against infantry, but then they got absolutely slaughtered by cavalry. One mounted spearman can easily slaughter 20 archers.

A Swordsman with a Shield Defense ability can easily kill 50 of them once closed in.

- H
djstatika
djstatika
19 posts
Nomad

Highfire, am I going mad, or did that post loop round a few times?

Im not sure what the best race is, I tried to make them balanced, but I think probably a giant troll charge is such a powerful thing that it probably makes trolls best

also i know have this bug. i beat the game as trolls yesterday and started a game as undead. everything was fine until i loaded up just now and all the sudden all the enemies are trolls.

I think ive fond this bug, but cant be sure. Hopefully there will be a new version put up soon that will fix it, but i cant be 100% sure. It will also fix mages.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Highfire, am I going mad, or did that post loop round a few times?

I am unsure, I'd not seen it though - so no, I'd imagine

Im not sure what the best race is, I tried to make them balanced, but I think probably a giant troll charge is such a powerful thing that it probably makes trolls best

Do you know which is better? Giant Demon or Giant Troll? If you're wondering why I am asking, the quote should reference it enough

I think ive fond this bug, but cant be sure. Hopefully there will be a new version put up soon that will fix it, but i cant be 100% sure. It will also fix mages.

Fantastic! I will enjoy using the... I'll need a name for the special casters? Anyway, I find the replayability better than most flash games, and switching the spells with the magic units will be really good

Also, if you limit the abilities a... Specialcaster has, will he use that one more often?

- H
djstatika
djstatika
19 posts
Nomad

Do you know which is better? Giant Demon or Giant Troll? If you're wondering why I am asking, the quote should reference it enough

At the moment, i think the giant trolls are better, but in the new version I have increased the power of the giant demons, so maybe they will be better.

Spellcasters can only use each spell so many times, so if you give them lightening bolt then they will only be able to cast twice. So it doesnt help to give them less spells unless you really want them to cast a particular spell. I think "Mind Control" and "Instant Death" might be an example of this. Using mind control you could potentially turn a giant troll round and have him attacking its own team! Instant death can instantly kill any unit
Showing 61-75 of 209