ForumsThe TavernVeteran users?

165 25832
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What amount of forum posts, rank and/or points make a veteran user? Or is it post quality? Can veteran users be called veteran just from time? I'd like to hear your opinion (obviously.

• 165 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I do agree that the quality of posts does matter if you were to be a veteran. But the post count does have a bit to do with veteran status. Say for example, would a user with 1,000 good quality posts or a user with say 8,000 good quality posts be a veteran?

And also:

Experience, Passion, Respect, Leadership, and Activity does a veteran make!
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

3,500+ posts

oh yump id say a veteran user is someone whos been here since back in the day, has stayed since back in the day, and has a high amount of forumposts or AP, and also is well known through out the forums and AG in general
NeverPool
NeverPool
17 posts
Nomad

I remember when this website hosted flash videos, and when games like Mario Rampage where popular 'round these parts. That was before there was sign ups and forums and what not. 2005/2006-ish if I'm correct.

I never did feel like signing up until the other day though...

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

It comes to do perception, as Jess stated. Posting is a general indicator. If you make a thousand posts and nobody remembers you, tough luck. Quality over quantity. Also, a veteran joined a long time ago. In AG terms, sometime during 2008. Perception still plays a role though. Some older users have different views on who is who on AG, compared to newcomers. We all see who is a veteran, differently. You need to be remembered. Post count does not equate to being remembered.

Experience, Passion, Respect, Leadership, and Activity does a veteran make!

These make a good set of moderator qualifications. However, you shouldn't forget that modest requirement of fame. Doesn't mean you have to win in favourite user polls.

My definition of a regular is someone who has frequented the site in the past few months and who has at least 1000 posts. Different from a veteran.

3,500+ posts

I disagree.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I disagree.

I changed my mind from that also.

People do tend to view people who joined back in 2008 as veterans. Well, some of them are veterans but you get my point.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I guess that's why I'm not respected as much as others are ;(

That and you haven't been all that active lately, I still count you in as one of the veterans though.

As knight pointed out there is a difference between a veteran and a regular, I'd like to add on that respect doesn't come naturally with either of those two things. It's also based upon perspective, especially dealing with the point in time you joined. For example to me Frank is simply a very respected regular simply because I've known him since he joined, it was a year or so into my membership. A user like Ricador who was already a lord when I joined but who very rarely posts now would be a user who I consider to be a veteran, some others that come to mind are Knight, Zoot_suit, and Cen.
pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

That and you haven't been all that active lately, I still count you in as one of the veterans though.

I have actually been active lately... It's just that I really have nothing to post or I don't feel like posting.
3,500+ posts

3,500 posts seems a little high imo.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

It's just that I really have nothing to post or I don't feel like posting.

It's the same thing, lurking around the forums doesn't get you any more noticed than not existing; trust me I've tried.

3,500 posts seems a little high imo.

I agree, honestly 500+ can make a veteran users if the posts are of high quality.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Join date+activity+humility.

I don't like if walls of text equate to quality posts.

Ag has only been around sicne '08 so  iassume your saying you used Games of Gondor.

AG1.0 started in '05-'06.
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

AG1.0 started in '05-'06.

October 2005.

I don't like if walls of text equate to quality posts

That more often applies to the WEPR, or prose in the AMW.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Veterans are those people that have chickens on their heads and type with their chicken as it pecks on the bored. Ever wondered how everyone users such good grammar? Yes it was the chicken.

No seriousness.

1,000 posts.

20 or so friends.

From 07-08

And a chicken on their heads.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

*keyboard

The 1,000 posts is important. As there are many users under that but I would also accept someone who made Armatars and won or moderators.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

I don't see how a specific number of AG friends has much significance. Some people add dozens of people to their friends lists and no one cares for them.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I don't see how a specific number of AG friends has much significance. Some people add dozens of people to their friends lists and no one cares for them.

Well, I mean people who do care for them.

Activity not on forums is important. People don't seem to realise that.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Activity not on forums is important. People don't seem to realise that.

Of course but twenty or so friends? That's a ridiculously large amount.
Showing 16-30 of 165