ForumsThe TavernVeteran users?

165 25816
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What amount of forum posts, rank and/or points make a veteran user? Or is it post quality? Can veteran users be called veteran just from time? I'd like to hear your opinion (obviously.

• 165 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Veteran comes with age and respect. Stop being idiots, noone gives a **** about your opinion of what makes a veteran. Noone likes people claiming to be veterans either, if you are you'd think you didn't need to inflate your own ego that much.

/thread

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

i only message peoples profiles if i need to i dont be like "hey whats up!"

leo your like halfway between pro, and veteran cause you have been here awhile and you make great posts

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

pazx your a veteran :P

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

No. I mean if they used to do that it still counts. Popularity counts for me a tiny bit.

I agree but most of the stuff I do with other users happens off site on chat rooms or NS stuff, it just isn't a concrete indicater I guess. I know what you mean though.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

if you are you'd think you didn't need to inflate your own ego that much.

Say's the users who just put thread/ *cough* we aren't arguing we're discussing and no one seems to be claiming they're a veteran. Why ruin one of the few threads that's actually getting replies?
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

I remember an old thread similar to this one being locked.. Lay off on the praise everyone, please.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Does being a Veteran user even matter? There isn't even a definition or guideline to be part of this elite ego inflating group.

The only thing that matters is if you contribute to the site and post constructive comments.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

Lay off on the praise everyone, please.

i made a forum game for that :P
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Stop calling people 'ro', do you know what that means?

pro·fes·sion·al
adj.
a. Of, relating to, engaged in, or suitable for a profession: lawyers, doctors, and other professional people.
b. Conforming to the standards of a profession: professional behavior.
2. Engaging in a given activity as a source of livelihood or as a career: a professional writer.
3. Performed by persons receiving pay: professional football.
4. Having or showing great skill; expert: a professional repair job.
n.
1. A person following a profession, especially a learned profession.
2. One who earns a living in a given or implied occupation: hired a professional to decorate the house.
3. A skilled practitioner; an expert.

None of them really fit the context you're using.

pazx your a veteran :P

;D

Say's the users who just put thread/ *cough* we aren't arguing we're discussing and no one seems to be claiming they're a veteran. Why ruin one of the few threads that's actually getting replies?

Open your eyes. This thread isn't creating much discussion, it's "Yeah man you're totally a veteran" "Oh I know right, you too man" or "Veteran is someone with alot of posts".
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

its just a slang term we use up in colorado homeboy

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

This thread is way to fast for me.

*explodes*

I bet by the time I post this we will be on page 7.

And Pazx would of posted again saying we're all retarded.

So...I will predict Paz's post.

We're just discussing our opinion. It kinda turned into "You're awesome!" and stuff but seriously does it matter that much?

Anyways I guess we can agree there is no direct guideline.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

And Pazx would of posted again saying we're all retarded.

I tend to refresh when I finish writing a post, especially in CT100 or a thread moving as fast as this one.

I'm going to put something out there, who would consider every one of the mods as Veterans?
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

any mod or admin is automatically a veteran. i think anyone can agree on that

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I think doing something big does count as a big leap to veteran user.

So most moderators are veterans.

Admins I don't know.

Does veteran equal social aspect?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

i think anyone can agree on that

I don't. I wouldn't of asked the question if they did. Admins maybe, but for me the mods seem more celeb than veteran (heh). They're too popular to be called veterans in my view. Don't get me wrong, I respect them all, they're all great people, but...
Showing 46-60 of 165