ForumsThe TavernVeteran users?

165 25813
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What amount of forum posts, rank and/or points make a veteran user? Or is it post quality? Can veteran users be called veteran just from time? I'd like to hear your opinion (obviously.

• 165 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

who would consider every one of the mods as Veterans?

All but Walker, not that I don't like Walker (he's probably my favorite mod actually) but he hasn't been active as long as some other who I also don't consider veterans.

There isn't even a definition or guideline to be part of this elite ego inflating group.

No one has claimed to be a veteran or asked others to call them one, it's not about inflating egos it's a discussion about what the definition is or if it's even possible to define.

Does veteran equal social aspect

Not really, most of it depends on how liked they were when they were active and how long they were active, at least to me.

Admins? Not so much, they may be AG veterans but they aren't community veterans.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Of course but twenty or so friends? That's a ridiculously large amount.

I don't think I even have 20 friends listed O_o

any mod or admin is automatically a veteran. i think anyone can agree on that

If being a veteran, as you guys classify, then some admins and mods aren't veterans. That's not saying they aren't important though.

Anyways I guess we can agree there is no direct guideline.

There is an invisible threshold that people have to reach before they are considered a regular or veteran, a threshold that has a gray area in between.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

You're too popular.

You're not veteran.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Explain more?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

There is an invisible threshold that people have to reach before they are considered a regular or veteran, a threshold that has a gray area in between.

But what is a veteran? A regular is easier to determine.

I don't think I even have 20 friends listed O_o

I think Moon does.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't know. I'd call Freak a Veteran, probably because of his insight and quality of his posts.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Ok not 20 friends.

Just 3-5 friends that you make an effort to talk to without spamming.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I'd call Freak a Veteran, probably because of his insight and quality of his posts.

Again, not that I'm not a fan of his but I don't think he's a veteran simply because I remember him as a serf. Time active has a huge impact on being a veteran, simply because a veteran is someone who's been around for a long time.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Again, not that I'm not a fan of his but I don't think he's a veteran simply because I remember him as a serf. Time active has a huge impact on being a veteran, simply because a veteran is someone who's been around for a long time.

I wasn't on AG back then so I wouldn't know.

If an 80 year old who fought in war had a son who fought in Vietnam, would the father consider the son a veteran?
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

If an 80 year old who fought in war had a son who fought in Vietnam, would the father consider the son a veteran?

Yes.

Unless he's an absolute snob.

People less then you can still be called veterans.

I wasn't on AG back then so I wouldn't know.

You joined in 2008 and Frank joined in 2009?

O.o?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Nope, which brings back the point that this is all about perspective meaning we can't agree on a concrete definition.

And yes you were, maybe not active but you were a user.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Hey. I just remembered.

You need one merit.

Much harder these days but still possible.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

You joined in 2008 and Frank joined in 2009?

Hiatus.

You need one merit.

Not really. I don't play games.

And yes you were, maybe not active but you were a user.

No ****.
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

prior to june of 2009. and still active - semi active.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

So for all intensive purposes you? I applaud the definition, I really do :P

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

prior to june of 2009. and still active - semi active.

Huh, I joined in 2008 and thought more people would have joined in that year than I see. Well it doesn't really matter when you joined. Example me, I've been here a long time yet I joined when I was in like grade 11 resulting in me not being able to spend too much time. Yet I'm active frequently. So what am I in your definition?

You need one merit.

Merits are almost impossible to get now. In like early 2009 I was able to get 14 of them in only 3 months now I can get any. But I'm greedy so I go for the work == reward idea, so I don't really try as much anymore.

Much harder these days but still possible.

Has anyone got a merit before they took out the rating up of comments?

Definition is or if it's even possible to define.

I probably most like is. You could also produce a formula for it. Maybe a point system in which people get graded on certain criteria that are scaled according to how many people think said item is important to being a veteran user. Then create a Norm for everyone, basically like how IQ is measured. Then classify everyone against the average. But it's probably easier to agree in a criteria that a veteran user should have.

This reminds me of a chapter in my psychology class in which people were supposed to define what an "Adult" was and how you would classify a person as an adult.

Also is it quality or quantity of posts? You can prove you posted X amount of time but it's pretty hard to prove that you've been consistently posting constructively the entire period you have been here.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

You guys are throwing out crazy things you need.

A verteran = long activity time. Poits is stupid because I can get alot points in like two seconds. Merits are hard to get due to spammers (not the mdos fault)And some of the other stuff is ridiculous. It is being active for a long time.

Showing 61-75 of 165